NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Finished every Village 7 star quest now. And got access to Transmog!

Spoiler

But only for head armour...

OK, Monster Hunter, I'll dance to your merry tune. But the armour set I plan on flaunting better bloody work, OK?

Just this minute finished the boss of the G rank and released my HR cap.

I've been playing MH ever since the original game and I've never fought such an amazing and fun final battle in a MH game. Most of the time the final battles are pretty boring, with the bosses having massive amounts of HP but that's not the case here. The mechanics of the fight are amazingly fun, so much so that I've been jumping towns just helping people fight it as I love fighting it! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Joining now.

Thanks for the help. :) 

I would’ve liked to hunt with you longer, but someone called me halfway through that last quest, at which point my hunting ability became severely impaired. :heh: 

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just this minute finished the boss of the G rank and released my HR cap.

I've been playing MH ever since the original game and I've never fought such an amazing and fun final battle in a MH game. Most of the time the final battles are pretty boring, with the bosses having massive amounts of HP but that's not the case here. The mechanics of the fight are amazingly fun, so much so that I've been jumping towns just helping people fight it as I love fighting it! :D 

Congrats! This battle sounds pretty awesome, looking forward to seeing it. :) 

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Thanks for the help. :) 

I would’ve liked to hunt with you longer, but someone called me halfway through that last quest, at which point my hunting ability became severely impaired. :heh: 

It was fun. I was happy we managed with just 3 of us. Saying that, we butchered it. I kept checking the damage of the base and it hardly got touched. 

Haha. No problem. :D 

23 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I should be around tonight hopefully, I know you mentioned that you've got a few days off as well now Gadwin so hopefully we'll be able to get you some more HR levels and gear. :peace:

With any luck I'll be on some time after 9PM but it may well be later.

Well this didn't happen in the end, I had a few games to sort out after work and by that time it was gone midnight. :hmm:

19 hours ago, Gadwin said:

I will be online tonight sometime after 10pm, going to try do some more village quests today to get some high rank armor.  My defence was quite low yesterday. 

On 3 star village quests right now but they been easy enough so far.

However, it's my day off today and tomorrow so I can definitely get online later today so just let me know what time you're likely to be on and I'll join you if there's space. :D

How did you get on with the village quests and getting some high rank armour?

I seem to be on six star village quests now - though I was on three star when I got the Switch version - as I have neglected those somewhat but I intend to beat them all.

Still using my Astalos armour set and I think I'll be mostly sticking with it and just upgrading it even further when I get the parts for it. :grin:

I've used it for so long now, it'd almost seem wrong to use anything else. ;)

• Like 1

I had such a cracking session on this yesterday evening. It was probably the best I have had on it yet. 

I had a few games with RedShell and then after that I just done a bit of town hopping looking to do the final urgent quest. After doing a few of those I went into a town that had space for one more and they were also doing the final G rank urgent quest. I helped the 3 of them do their urgents and when it came to my turn I told them I was no where near to unlocking the quest and I was there just to lend a hand. 2 of them were really appreciative of this and decided to stick around and knock out all of my key quests so I could unlock my urgent. Once this was done, myself and one of the guys created another town to help others do their HR12 key quests. We had two people join and we done all of their quests and their urgents. They both commented on how rare it was to find players like us, as in their experience of the game they found people to be quite selfish. 

For me, this is what MH is all about. Building up relationships online and helping others out as you go about your own quests. It's what drew me into the game all of those years ago and it's good to see this kind of practice still happening today, even if does seem to be only in small pockets of the game. 

@Gadwin what's your Switch code? I could have give you a hand yesterday evening as I was playing until half 11, something which I really regretted doing when I got up for work this morning. :( 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

How did you get on with the village quests and getting some high rank armour?

I made some decent progress on mh last night.  Got a lv 2 obsidian longsword and some random pieces of armor maxed out as far as I can for now(They need "hyper" monster parts which im guessing is beyond high rank).

Going to try farm for a full set today I seen 2 sets I like the look of.  HR Tetsucabra and Astral set.

I have around 350 defence with the pieces Im wearing now, has no skills unlocked though.

Am HR 5 now :)

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Gadwin what's your Switch code? I could have give you a hand yesterday evening as I was playing until half 11, something which I really regretted doing when I got up for work this morning. :( 

My Switch Code is SW-1370-4016-4929

I'll be online tonight sometime after 10pm most likely.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gadwin said:

I made some decent progress on mh last night.  Got a lv 2 obsidian longsword and some random pieces of armor maxed out as far as I can for now(They need "hyper" monster parts which im guessing is beyond high rank).

Going to try farm for a full set today I seen 2 sets I like the look of.  HR Tetsucabra and Astral set.

I have around 350 defence with the pieces Im wearing now, has no skills unlocked though.

Am HR 5 now :)

My Switch Code is SW-1370-4016-4929

I'll be online tonight sometime after 10pm most likely.

I'm glad to hear that you've made some more progress, it'll be nice to see that Obsidian Longsword in action. :D

Because I've only really ever known Dual Blades, It's always nice to see the weapons which everyone else is mastering. :)

(also, I'll try my best not to get in the way with my dual-blade attacks, not too bad on the larger monsters but it's tricky on the smaller ones) :p

Ah yes, I remember having the Tetsucabra set, it's pretty good, I'll help you grind for whichever parts you need for it.

Congrats on reaching HR 5! ^^

I'll see you online at around 10PM or so then. :peace:

Looking forward to getting some good hunts in tonight, I only managed half an hour offline last night after I was done sorting out games, still took out Gammoth though. :smile:

' ^ ' did I sense that there might be possible monster hunter goings on tonight?  :'3 after the craptastic last few days at work I could really do with taking my frustration out on some monsters...If there's space I'll be in! 8D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

' ^ ' did I sense that there might be possible monster hunter goings on tonight?  :'3 after the craptastic last few days at work I could really do with taking my frustration out on some monsters...If there's space I'll be in! 8D

There are indeed, if you like we can get some games in at 8PM (are @Dcubed and @Glen-i playing as well?) then at 10PM I'll be hunting with @Gadwin to get him some new armour. :D

Either way, plenty of Monster Hunting to go around. :smile:

Who else is playing tonight?

Edited by S.C.G

5 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

:'3 @Dcubed Say's he'll be up for mon hun a bit later!  8D I'll have to add you to my friend list @Hero-of-Time

What's your friend code? I'll add you after I'm finished this quest.

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

There are indeed, if you like we can get some games in at 8PM (are @Dcubed and @Glen-i playing as well?) then at 10PM I'll be hunting with @Gadwin to get him some new armour. :D

Either way, plenty of Monster Hunting to go around. :smile:

Who else is playing tonight?

I’m about at the moment, if there’s space for a Prowler. :hehe: 

6 minutes ago, Gadwin said:

I can't join your session at the moment, says I don't meet requirements for hunters pub.

Ah sorry about that, I didn't realise you couldn't join the hunter's pub. :(

I'll remake the hub, 1 min.

OK hub remade and we're in, @Ugh first aid feel free to join us. :)

Also one more space free for anyone else who might want to hunt.

Edited by S.C.G

Sorry about that @Gadwin and @Ugh first aid I didn't know that person on my list would join and do that. :(

They sent me a friend request when I played with them a few nights ago, I didn't know they would put a quest like that up.

Suffice to say that they are removed and blocked now, I can make another room if you like?

This time it'll have to be passworded though with 4444 just say the word and I'll make a room.

I hate it when stuff like that happens, just when we were set up to start grinding for gear as well.