NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

On 30/08/2018 at 1:28 AM, Gadwin said:

I'm enjoying this monster hunter  so far, played 15 hours already.  I usually hunt with the lance and longsword. 

Been doing some online hunts tonight.  Looking forward to hunting with others here when I'm more geared :)

How are you getting on so far @Gadwin? I'm more than happy to help you get some more gear. :D

As much as I'm enjoying G Rank, I'm happy to hunt on any rank, especially to help a fellow hunter out; you've helped me out enough times over the years afterall. :peace:

I should be about a lot tomorrow, so if you're around on Sunday then just let me know when you want to hunt as we haven't managed to get any games in yet.

Also, @Hero-of-Time that goes for you too :) it'd be nice if we could find a time where we could all play, that way you could both get some quests in and you wouldn't have to worry about random players not playing by the usually well-adhered to Monster Hunter etiquette, it's a real shame that some of the randoms you've been playing with won't help to get everyone through their Urgent quests etc. :(

Anyway, the offer is always there so let me know when either of you want to hunt. :grin:

I think we need a dedicated thread just for the pics and Gifs of this game. I had to block Glen and UFA just to get the thread to open yesterday and it took countless tries to get it open just now. Thankfully Sam started a new page! :D 

The urgent thing happened again this morning. Said there were going to be turns, helped 2 people do theirs, came to my turn and they died and then left. Very frustrating! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

And it's happened again. RAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!! 

Missing me yet?

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think we need a dedicated thread just for the pics and Gifs of this game. I had to block Glen and UFA just to get the thread to open yesterday and it took countless tries to get it open just now. Thankfully Sam started a new page! :D 

Oh, I see. FINE! That's how it's gonna be! I'll make your damn thread! I'll make it so damn good! And then you'll be sorry.

Anyway, I'm available for more hunts today whenever, so just give me a shout.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

HR7 achieved. Found a group and we all just blitzed through the HR6 rank together. That's more like it!

I think I'm going to have to do a bit of farming for armour. I'm still rocking my low rank Tetsu gear but I don't think that's going to be enough for the next batch of quests.

If anyone decides to hop online tonight, just give me an invite, I'll show up after whatever quest I'm doing.

I'm up to 3 star urgent quest online now, currently hr 3.

I been using lance all the way so far.  

This game is much more fun with the easier camera controls :)

• Thanks 1

I've managed to get a decent armour set sorted. Got Rathlos S set and Bnahabra boots S. Not the most stylish outfit but once completed it will give me a few decent skills. I just need a few items to create a couple of jewels and then it will be finished for the moment.

Once that was done I was able to crack on with my quests. With my new armour I was able to make quick work of the beasties and have now reached HR8/G rank! This was where I wanted to be by the end of the weekend so I'm ahead of my schedule. :grin:

I've been on this the best part of the day (dabbled a bit on DQXI) and i'm absolutely exhausted. Time for some sleep, methinks.

13 hours ago, RedShell said:

Oh man, can't stop laughing! :laughing:
I obtained some new gear for my Prowler, and it is hilarious!: :D

uAtGH4f.jpg

Just did my 8* urgent using it, and was crying pretty much the entire time! :laughing:

The end of that hunt was awesome as well... Tail cut, followed by the monster landing directly in a trap that one of my Palicoes had set earlier on in the fight! Set him up perfectly for an easy capture. :cool:
Check it out:

uqnNybr.gif

...This is the definition of wobbly legs...Oh my gosh I spat out my cola laughing...

• Like 1

Fired the game up this morning and found a couple of guys doing the HR8 urgent quest. We done it for two of them and one of them sodded off after he got his done. The other guy stuck around and we attempted my urgent with just two of us. We cleared it pretty easily and I reached HR9. I'm currently still playing with the same guy just doing random quests. Seems like a good dude.

Is there hardly anyone playing this? I swear I've come across the same people, this guy I'm with included, over the past couple of days. It feels like the original MH on the PS2 where everyone knows each other. :D 

34 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is there hardly anyone playing this? I swear I've come across the same people, this guy I'm with included, over the past couple of days. It feels like the original MH on the PS2 where everyone knows each other. :D 

Purely anecdotal, but I can find quite a few people pretty quick. My guess would be that the majority of the audience transferred their 3DS data over and played from there.

I'm just guessing, but I'd expect you couldn't see hubs that take part in the Hunter's Pub before HR 8. That might be why it felt a tad empty.

Edited by Glen-i

Credits have just rolled. 25 hours played (225 and 1 minute including 3DS :heh:) and I’m still only at 39% overall completion. Amount of content in this game is bonkers. :o 

BTW, @Hero-of-Time I’m afraid you’re probably going to hate the ending. :laughing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Credits have just rolled. 25 hours played (225 and 1 minute including 3DS :heh:) and I’m still only at 39% overall completion. Amount of content in this game is bonkers. :o 

BTW, @Hero-of-Time I’m afraid you’re probably going to hate the ending. :laughing:

Did you never see the credits in the base game on the 3DS? If it's the same as that then yes I will hate them. Go back in the Generations thread and I remember kicking off about them and saying how you'd love them. We know each other too well. :D 

• Like 1

Well, I got back late last night but @Gadwin and I finally managed to get some quests in. :D

Thanks for the quests, we managed to get through a fair few in an hour or so and as I said last night, I'm more than happy to help you get to HR5 and beyond! :)

A few of the other players with us were chucking quests up onto the board like there was no tomorrow but they all seemed to stick around to help for a bit.

I did "one last quest" to help them out before calling it a night and playing one more quest or two in the offline village quests, though I'm still on Low Rank for those ones. :p

Monster Hunter for life! :cool:

• Like 1

Just fought and defeated Lao which made me HR11. I was itching to get to this fight as he was a favourite of mine in the original game. It's still a boring battle but they did add a few cannons to liven things up a little. :D 

• Thanks 1

Just finished a 13 hour session on the game. Got all but 1 of the pieces of G rank armour I need, got to HR 12 and made a few friends on the way. There weren't too many hiccups during the session and for the most part everything went smoothly, with not much faffing about and waiting. Even though I was playing with randoms all of the day this went surprisingly fast and smooth, which is just how I like my hunting sessions. :peace:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just fought and defeated Lao which made me HR11. I was itching to get to this fight as he was a favourite of mine in the original game. It's still a boring battle but they did add a few cannons to liven things up a little. :D 

I just attempted that quest for the first time (solo + Palicoes)... failed it. :heh:

Spoiler

Think I was actually very close to at least getting the repel, but I messed up with the timing on the Dragonator and the bugger destroyed the fort! :grin: Also, I didn't make very good use of those weapons around the side, which blatantly didn't help. :hmm: Can Prowlers even use the cannons? I could pick up the ammo but couldn't seem to do anything with it, other that blow myself up. :laughing:
But yeah, the amount of attacks I hurled at Lao was insane, using my latest weapon with purple sharpness, 30% affinity and 300+ attack power! The thing is so big and slow that every attack was landing and so many of them were critical, there must have been enough hits/damage done to K.O. any other monster 2 or 3 times over! :o 

Anyway, will give it another try tomorrow.

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

I just attempted that quest for the first time (solo + Palicoes)... failed it. :heh:

G2 urgent (Reveal hidden contents)

Think I was actually very close to at least getting the repel, but I messed up with the timing on the Dragonator and the bugger destroyed the fort! :grin: Also, I didn't make very good use of those weapons around the side, which blatantly didn't help. :hmm: Can Prowlers even use the cannons? I could pick up the ammo but couldn't seem to do anything with it, other that blow myself up. :laughing:
But yeah, the amount of attacks I hurled at Lao was insane, using my latest weapon with purple sharpness, 30% affinity and 300+ attack power! The thing is so big and slow that every attack was landing and so many of them were critical, there must have been enough hits/damage done to K.O. any other monster 2 or 3 times over! :o 

Anyway, will give it another try tomorrow.

Spoiler

Yeah, it is a bit of a tricky fight, especially solo. Ideally you have people manning the cannons, ballista and dragonator and the others are wailing on his legs and head. This keeps him staggered and stops him from attacking the base.

If you're still needing to fight him this evening I will give you a hand if you want? I'll be available from 5pm.

• Thanks 1

I've now started whacking away at the new High Rank Single Player quests. Because while I like my armour setup for it's skills, I hate it's looks. I have to stand out more and be a proper fashion hunter! Oh, and I guess I should stop Valstrax or whatever...

Had a funny fight against Yian Kut-Ku. I activated Chaos Oil and spent the rest of the fight just keeping it stunlocked with constant staggers. Almost felt cruel really. 

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

I ended up plugging away at the single player quests for most of yesterday afternoon, up to 7* Low Rank now. :cool:

Later on, @Gadwin and I got some quests in online as well, everyone took turns to get their urgents done so that was good. :)

Sorry I appeared to vanish at the end there Gadwin, internet cut out... I hope the other hunter (Hubey) wasn't too annoyed as I would have helped with his urgent as well. ::shrug:

I should be around tonight hopefully, I know you mentioned that you've got a few days off as well now Gadwin so hopefully we'll be able to get you some more HR levels and gear. :peace:

With any luck I'll be on some time after 9PM but it may well be later.

I will be online tonight sometime after 10pm, going to try do some more village quests today to get some high rank armor.  My defence was quite low yesterday. 

On 3 star village quests right now but they been easy enough so far.

• Thanks 1