NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

41 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Great hunting @Ugh first aid, @S.C.G & @Dcubed:bowdown:

Thanks for playing! :) 

See this is why...

37 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah! Cheers for the hunts guys! Was great to bring back some great memories! :peace:

I’m also liking the new tricks that the G-rank monsters have so far! :D 

...I really, really, really...

30 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

<3 Thank you again! Wish we could of played more! > w < but it was amazing still! <3 I hope that we could play again soon! I'm free tomorrow to play for sure! 

AS000735_00.gif

...love playing Monster Hunter! :D

It was fantastic hunting alongside all of you this evening, I had a fantastic time, despite my initial disconnect at the start. :)

Everything went flawlessly (moreorless) after that and I'm really thankful that I got to play a load of G-Rank quests which we blazed through. :grin:

Though this game may lack voice chat, it makes up for it in the range of expression used through custom shortcuts, gestures and pure hunting spirit. :peace: (I'm not saying that makes the lack of communication options OK but hey, at least Capcom tried I suppose)

Besides... from the sheer amount of content in the game and value for money it represents (sub or no sub) I still fully intend to keep playing.

It might even be hard for me now to go back to Monster Hunter World ;) and believe me, I do love both types of game.

Anyway, thank you all again for the games as it was a real pleasure playing together again and here's to many more hunts! :cool:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A couple of GIFs from last night...

Ugh first aid and S.C.G surprise Diablos (and me :hehe:) with a synchronised aerial combo attack from out of nowhere!: :cool:

Funny moment at the end of a quest where I got completely K.O'd and stuck in the floor (couldn't move at all). The MH Stories cat's facial expression makes it: :laughing:

That one made for a good end of quest freeze-frame too: :heh:

Dlw3b9fUUAAJ4Kh.jpg:large

I definitely made the right choice in picking up Generations Ultimate. There's just way too much comedy value still left in this game to not continue playing it. :grin:

• Haha 3

Right, got the game. Transferring my data now.

Who's up for some hunts later on tonight?

Oh wow! I was wondering what happened on your end when we killed the daimyo hermitaur! That’s hilarious :laughing:

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Right, got the game. Transferring my data now.

Who's up for some hunts later on tonight?

I'm up for some hunts! :D

What time will you be hunting and will @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid be hunting alongside you tonight?

Just thinking in terms of numbers because if @RedShell wants to join you three then that's fine, I can just join when there's space. :peace:

But if there already is space then, absolutely!

And if there's ever just two or three of us then I have a friend who I've been playing online games with for decades and he's another experienced Monster Hunter. :grin:

In fact, there may be times when I'll be playing online with him (we've played online games together since PSO) and we haven't managed to get any games in on this yet.

Then again, he has only just got the game... it seems like it was mostly just Red and I who were the lucky cats who got the game early. :)

Just now, S.C.G said:

What time will you be hunting and will @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid be hunting alongside you tonight?

Just thinking in terms of numbers because if @RedShell wants to join you three then that's fine, I can just join when there's space. :peace:

And if there's ever just two or three of us then I have a friend who I've been playing online games with for decades and he's another experienced Monster Hunter. :grin:

In fact, there may be times when I'll be playing online with him (we've played online games together since PSO) and we haven't managed to get any games in on this yet.

Then again, he has only just got the game... it seems like it was mostly just Red and I who were the lucky cats who got the game early. :)

How about 8pm?

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

How about 8pm?

Perfect! :D

Shall I make the usual, established "Astalos Butchery" hub in the pub for around that time then?

Anyone else joining for 8PM or later?

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I’m totally cool with sitting out tonight if everyone’s going to be online (means more time with Yakuza :hehe:) but if there is a space available at any point between 8-10pm, then let me know. :) 

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, we kinda forgot to take the dogs out. So is 8:30pm OK, @S.C.G?

8:30PM is fine. :D

Happy hunting you lot! :) 

And don’t forget to save/post vids of any entertaining moments. ;) 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RedShell said:

I’m totally cool with sitting out tonight if everyone’s going to be online (means more time with Yakuza :hehe:) but if there is a space available at any point between 8-10pm, then let me know. :) 

I’m dropping out; need to sleep, so there’s a space available for you right now if you want to jump in!

Thanks for the hunts tonight @Glen-i @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid :D

Definitely captured a few highlight videos, @RedShell you'll have to give me a quick guide please on how to put those captures onto Gifycat and I'll share them. :)

Astalos and everything else was hunted tonight and they were all felled spectacularly. ;)

Also... A New Challenger Appears!

My friend who I've been playing online games with for decades has joined the forum! :grin:

9 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Yes, my friend who I was just talking about...

Please give a warm welcome to @Gadwin :peace:

Welcome to the N-Europe forums my fellow moogle. =^-^=

You might have started from scratch but I'm sure we can get you up to G-Rank in no time, so let me know when you want to play when we're both free and we shall hunt again! :cool:

• Thanks 2

I'm enjoying this monster hunter  so far, played 15 hours already.  I usually hunt with the lance and longsword. 

Been doing some online hunts tonight.  Looking forward to hunting with others here when I'm more geared :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Welcome, @Gadwin.

I've put a few hours into the game over the past couple of days and reached HR 3 yesterday evening. The first night as pretty rough. The amount of people trying to rush through the hunter ranks without the proper equipment was insane. These people weren't new to the game as they were setting up rooms with the intention of just doing key quests. A lot of them were falling left and right in various quests because they weren't upgrading their stuff. 

I met this guy during my session yesterday evening.

DlzU0RbUYAAjM6T.jpg

@Nicktendo someone is sullying your good name. He didn't follow the Monster Hunter etiquette on taking turns for the urgent quests and just sodded off as soon as he got his done. Maybe it was you? :p I hate it when people do that. I did manage to find a good group of randoms, though. We stayed together through all of the hunter rank 2 stuff and then all took turns doing our urgent quests until everyone was HR3. That's the kind of thing you like to see. I was gutted I had made plans to go to the cinema as I would have liked to have just stayed in the group for the rest of the evening. 

I need to get one more piece of armour for my Tetsu set to be complete and then i'll just upgrade the hell out of it and that should carry me all the way to the high rank stuff. I'm pretty sure that's what I done in Generations. After I returned from the cinema I done a little bit of mining to get my sword upgraded and may do some Narga farming to create that sword as it has good attack power and a large affinity boost.

I'm gonna have to finally pick up a carry case for my Switch so I can start bringing it into work and play MH during my lunch break.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gadwin said:

I'm enjoying this monster hunter  so far, played 15 hours already.  I usually hunt with the lance and longsword. 

Been doing some online hunts tonight.  Looking forward to hunting with others here when I'm more geared :)

Welcome to N-Europe! Hope you enjoy your time here.

If you ever need help with anything, I'm more than happy to help. No quest is too menial, as @Dcubed will attest to.

Anyway, here's some highlights from last night.

As far as I can tell @Dcubed's flash bomb worked because the Seltas was performing a back loop, so it was technically looking at it.

You can tell it took the three of us by complete surprise.

And finally...

Dl0-A9bUcAAGyIY?format=jpg

Why is @S.C.G flexing at it's crotch?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Definitely captured a few highlight videos, @RedShell you'll have to give me a quick guide please on how to put those captures onto Gifycat and I'll share them. :)

Great! :hehe:

As for using Gfycat, you just need to transfer the clips from your Switch to PC, then upload them here:

https://gfycat.com/upload

Don't think you even need to make an account. I believe there's a 15 second limit per file though, in which case you'll need to trim the videos on Switch/PC beforehand.

8 hours ago, Gadwin said:

Hey Gadwin, welcome to N-E! :)

I know it's all about MH at the moment, but was just wondering if you were aware of the Mario Kart league we organise here? Not sure if you play MK, but if so, and if you ever feel like joining in, check out the thread:

We play every Thursday at 8pm, and new players are always very welcome.

:peace:

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've put a few hours into the game over the past couple of days and reached HR 3 yesterday evening

I thought you'd decided against buying this, guess not then. :grin:

Anyway, let me know if you ever want some help online. I don't follow the take turns thing, but that's only because I never pick quests anyway. :D

Yeah, I'm just happy to help others out with whatever it is they're doing and levelling up my cat in the process. Also, I prefer to do my key quests alone (when possible :heh:) as I like the challenge (and comedy) of a tiny cat taking on a giant monster! :laughing:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I thought you'd decided against buying this, guess not then. :grin:

You've got me on your friends list. How did you not see me playing it these past two days? :D 

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You've got me on your friends list. How did you not see me playing it these past two days? :D 

Not sure. Guess I was too busy playing the game myself to notice. :D 

Definitely wasn't me! I've actually never played a Monster Hunter game before...! *hides*

I met another Nicktendo on Splatoon 2 a while back and spent the entirety of the match hunting him down and splatting him. Unacceptable levels of Filip Miucin like behaviour.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just checked my friend list and it doesn't have anything on your page (no online since, or game info) you're just listed as offline. Are you sure you didn't set your status/profile to private? That would also explain why I hadn't noticed that you were playing this. :heh:

Anyway, MK League tonight but is anyone up for some post-MK hunting at just after 9pm?

11 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Just checked my friend list and it doesn't have anything on your page (no online since, or game info) you're just listed as offline. Are you sure you didn't set your status/profile to private? That would also explain why I hadn't noticed that you were playing this. :heh:

Anyway, MK League tonight but is anyone up for some post-MK hunting at just after 9pm?

Ah, that would explain it. I was in Solid Snake mode. :D 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I'm definitely up for it. My SD card is nowhere near full of hilarious videos yet.

We might end up with 5 people again though... If it was 6, then we could at least make two groups of 3.

• Like 1

8D I'm totally up for it more monster hunter tonight! 8D  * ^ * I got a few clips but only one that really stood out..

• Haha 3