NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Ooh! Mine has arrived too! Along with a weird looking (and even weirder smelling :heh:) Tetsucabra figure. :hehe: Seems like I missed the dispatch email. 

Good times. :) 

• Like 1

Wait, UK gets it 3 days before release AND gets a figurine with your pre-order? Damn. You got it from the UK Nintendo store?

30 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Wait, UK gets it 3 days before release AND gets a figurine with your pre-order? Damn. You got it from the UK Nintendo store?

Nah, I got my copy from Simply Games. Think it’s pretty rare for the Nintendo store to break the street date. :hehe: 

Anyone know if the 3DS save data transfer thingy is up and running yet? I know the download is available on the 3DS eShop, but I’m not sure if transfering works before the servers actually go up on Tuesday. :hmm: Probably won’t be playing this until then anyway, as I also got Kiwami 2 today so am currently being distracted by that. ;) 

Edited by RedShell

Kinda annoying seeing people on my friends list playing this, but if I buy it from the eShop it won't unlock until Tuesday. And it'll cost me £10+ more than a boxed copy. I thought 3rd party publishers might have had more common sense with digital pricing than Nintendo does. ::shrug:

Welp, I've just bought it, do not judge me. I want to face this big, bad boi once again.

May I ask if it would be possible to play with all of you through Discord? I have been waiting for quite sometime now to hear your voices and yelling and so. :bouncy:

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

Nice! Where'd you order from?
Don't think mine has even been dispatched yet. :blank:

Are you transferring your 3DS save data over?

ShopTo :D I cancelled my Nintendo Store order when I realised I already had it pre-ordered for cheaper.

I am transferring over, so that's at least a hundred odd hours of progress. :peace:

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sweet! Get a nice headstart on those single player quests.

Or more importantly, think about any shout-outs you might want to tweak.

Thankfully I started grinding through a fair amount of those single player quests a month or two ago, still got a few to go though.

Yes, customising the shout-outs would be a good idea, I was kind of hoping that voice chat might have just "worked" with this version, like on MH3U on the Wii U but nevermind.

Using the shortcuts and text chat can be fun in its own way, the best shortcut which would apply to Nintendo regarding getting voice chat to work though would have to be...

"At least you tried!" :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Annnnd I'm all transferred over to MHGU! :D

It's a bit daunting, but it works, not everything transfers, mostly just all of your stuff, your HR level caps out at 8 and all of the quests you've beaten.

Obviously your guild cards vanish as well, you get a small item bonus if you had Monster Hunter Stories data on your 3DS (or just the demo) and that's about it. :peace:

Oh yeah and your timer starts from zero again so, I'm going to start putting some hours on the clock. ;)

• Thanks 2

Well, just in case anyone else has the game...

Hunters Hub ID

22-3038-2993-2829

Password

the "usual one" ;) (although it is set to no password if you're on my friends list)

Loving the new Hunter's Pub area. :D

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Well, just in case anyone else has the game...

Hunters Hub ID

22-3038-2993-2829

Password

the "usual one" ;) (although it is set to no password if you're on my friends list)

Loving the new Hunter's Pub area. :D

S.C.G, I’m sticking with Yakuza for today, but plan to transfer my Generations save data tomorrow morning and fire up Ultimate for the first time, so if you’re available tomorrow for some hunting let me know! :) 

Looking forward to checking out this new Hunter’s Pub... It still has the arm wrestling barrel, right? :hehe: 

:peace:

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RedShell said:

S.C.G, I’m sticking with Yakuza for today, but plan to transfer my Generations save data tomorrow morning and fire up Ultimate for the first time, so if you’re available tomorrow for some hunting let me know! :) 

Looking forward to checking out this new Hunter’s Pub... It still has the arm wrestling barrel, right? :hehe: 

Sounds good to me! :D

I should be free all day tomorrow, so hopefully we can get a few hunts in. :peace:

Sadly there is no arm wrestling barrel that I can see but the Hunter's Pub has everything else you could possibly want and more. :D

New Hunter's Hub ID 44-9726-6733-7657

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Save transfer completed and I’m all ready to hunt! :cool: It even transfered over my custom shout-outs, unless Capcom have changed the default one for setting a trap to “just covering a poo” :heh: 

Have so far checked out the new locations and done a few quests, it’s funny how there are a set of in-depth tutorial quests for basically every single aspect of the game that would’ve been absolutely perfect for the demo, but they instead released possibly the worst demo ever. :indeed:

Anyway, looking forward to properly getting back into this now. Despite a few recent sessions on the 3DS version (and the Switch demo) I’m quite rusty though, and seem to have forgotten lots of stuff too. :blank: Hopefully it’ll all come back to me the more I play.

I also see that Capcom have added an option to remove the text overlay on the results screen! :yay: That, combined with the Switch’s screenshot capture mean it’s finally possible to preserve clean versions of some of those awesome freeze-frames from the end of a quest. Have wanted that as a feature for years, so am well chuffed about that. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Save transfer completed and I’m all ready to hunt! :cool:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. :D

I put in about 12 hours of hunting yesterday overall, so I've just been doing a bit of sorting out for a bit but I can hunt pretty much any time now aside from when it's time for Dinner. :peace:

What would be the best time for you to get some hunts in?

Best times for me would probably be... 4PM - 6PM and then 7PM until 11PM? (or later depending on how long you want to hunt for) :)

Either way, let me know amigo and we'll go and butcher some Astalos. :cool:

Loving the new avatar as well. :grin:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. :D

I put in about 12 hours of hunting yesterday overall, so I've just been doing a bit of sorting out for a bit but I can hunt pretty much any time now aside from when it's time for Dinner. :peace:

What would be the best time for you to get some hunts in?

Best times for me would probably be... 4PM - 6PM and then 7PM until 11PM? (or later depending on how long you want to hunt for) :)

Either way, let me know amigo and we'll go and butcher some Astalos. :cool:

Loving the new avatar as well. :grin:

Cool. I’m playing at the mo, so can definitely join you at 4. Don’t mind what we hunt btw, so you chose whatever you like. :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Cool. I’m playing at the mo, so can definitely join you at 4. Don’t mind what we hunt btw, so you chose whatever you like. :) 

I've made a hub, in the pub :)

Hunter's Hub ID 29-9875-2648-0400

Pass 4444

Oh hi... you're already here! :D

Come on midnight... Lemme play it already!!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Come on midnight... Lemme play it already!!!

I've gotta wait until Wednesday, stop griping!

The wait is excruciating! I wanna play an upressed 3DS port, damnit!

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Does the full game have inbuilt voice chat like MH3U did?

As far as I can tell, nope.

6 hours ago, RedShell said:

I also see that Capcom have added an option to remove the text overlay on the results screen! :yay: That, combined with the Switch’s screenshot capture mean it’s finally possible to preserve clean versions of some of those awesome freeze-frames from the end of a quest. Have wanted that as a feature for years, so am well chuffed about that. :) 

OK, that's rad. And now the wait is even harder...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Does the full game have inbuilt voice chat like MH3U did?

Not sure. USB keyboard support for text chat though (as I just discovered while playing online with S.C.G) although it’s a bit cumbersome as you need to press the minus button on the controller to bring up the chat window before being able to type. Would be so much better if that happened automatically upon pressing a key. Hopefully Capcom can patch that in. 

Anyway, great hunting session @S.C.G! :cool: Really good fun, and some classic moments there already. :) 

We mainly took on the easier G rank monsters (at my request, as I’m still warming up :hehe:) but yeah, it went very well (other than a bit of calamity on the dual Kecha Wacha quest, where we got jumped! :laughing:). 

Thanks again for the hunts. I probably won’t be online tonight (want to get a bit of Yakuza in as well) but will definitely be around again tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Not sure. USB keyboard support for text chat though (as I just discovered while playing online with S.C.G) although it’s a bit cumbersome as you need to press the minus button on the controller to bring up the chat window before being able to type. Would be so much better if that happened automatically upon pressing a key. Hopefully Capcom can patch that in. 

Anyway, great hunting session @S.C.G! :cool: Really good fun, and some classic moments there already. :) 

We mainly took on the easier G rank monsters (at my request, as I’m still warming up :hehe:) but yeah, it went very well (other than a bit of calamity on the dual Kecha Wacha quest, where we got jumped! :laughing:). 

Thanks again for the hunts. I probably won’t be online tonight (want to get a bit of Yakuza in as well) but will definitely be around again tomorrow.

Oh wow! It has USB keyboard support!? Nice! We haven’t had that since Tri on the Wii!

Does it have an onscreen keyboard in handheld mode by any chance?

27 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Does it have an onscreen keyboard in handheld mode by any chance?

Not played in handheld mode yet, but there’s an onscreen keyboard even when playing docked so yeah, I assume it’s there too.

• Thanks 1

Here are a couple of vids from earlier on...

S.C.G putting the brakes on Diablos in style!: :cool:

Me doing something silly (as usual :grin:):

Oh, and I snapped a pic of the new award you get for transferring your 3DS save data:

t0iUan2.jpg

Nice for it to keep a record of total play time and HR, seeing as they reset/change on you ultimate save file.
That 1 minute is going to annoy me forever now though. :heh:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Thanks again for the hunts. I probably won’t be online tonight (want to get a bit of Yakuza in as well) but will definitely be around again tomorrow. :peace:

Yeah, that USB keyboard support is a godsend, I just took the keyboard from my PC, plugged it in and it worked! :D

(got it plugged in again now but on the front of my PC and I've put a USB breakaway cable into my Switch dock as I know I'm going to be swapping it out frequently)

I found that press "Enter" on the keyboard will bring up the chat window (or it does on mine) so no minus button needed, you just type as normal then. :)

But yes, an absolutely stellar first early Bank Holiday Monday hunting session there @RedShell :grin: I really enjoyed our hunts a lot, I captured some clips and screenshots too. :peace:

(nothing quite like those beautiful moments you just captured in the post above though) :laughing:

We just breezed past that Urgent quest between us, no joke... that hunt took me three failed (but almost completed) runs yesterday... and we blitzed it in 10 mins? :p

Quite a nice mix of quests on G Rank... well, when I figured out which NPC to talk to in order to get to it :rolleyes: (I'm clearly not used to the new pub area yet)

Those two Kecha Wacha were like a tag-team of fighters :o until we split them up... and then split them up again... into pieces! ;)

And thank you for the hunts, I really do appreciate you taking some time away from Yakuza as I know that's another series which means a lot to you and it will do to me, in time. :cool:

Cheers, my fellow hunter and comrade, it has been too long. :hug:

• Thanks 2

> ^ < I'm sitting here checking my switch every couple of minutes to see if Nintendo might be nice and let me play a few hours early, Whilst @Dcubed is stuck on 99% with the server being down for maintenance. Doesn't seem like Nintendo are going to be nice though :( so I've gotta sit it out and wait.

• Like 1

Just now, Ugh first aid said:

> ^ < I'm sitting here checking my switch every couple of minutes to see if Nintendo might be nice and let me play a few hours early, Whilst @Dcubed is stuck on 99% with the server being down for maintenance. Doesn't seem like Nintendo are going to be nice though :( so I've gotta sit it out and wait.

She’s not kidding BTW...

Dloxh4rV4AERlDW?format=jpg&name=large

Can you chuffing believe it!?

If I cant play at midnight because of this, I swear...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1