NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

It shouldn't be surprising, considering it's in the Japanese version. But it's always nice to get confirmation.

Plus, more Sword & Shields for me to play with is always nice.

EDIT: Oh, the Collab weapon is just the Bow, never mind.

Edited by Glen-i

On 20/07/2018 at 9:17 PM, Glen-i said:

Oh, the Collab weapon is just the Bow, never mind.

Is it, Glen-i... Is it? ;)

bvMF89G.jpg

:heh:

Pretty sure I'm gonna be getting this game at launch now (against my better judgment) even though it clashes with Yakuza Kiwami 2 and is somewhat overpriced for those of us that played Generations. But yeah, revisiting Generations recently on 3DS was also a reminder of just how much I enjoy the game, it's easily my favourite version of Monster Hunter.  :hehe:

The legendary hunting cat, Merengue will come out of retirement!! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

The legendary hunting cat, Merengue will come out of retirement!! :D

Good! It wouldn't be the same without the N-Europe Guild mascot popping up from time to time. How's this for a slogan?

"N-Europe: We hunt anything! As long as it's an Astalos... We have kitties!"

Rolls right off the tongue!

• Haha 2

On 11/07/2018 at 4:06 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got it preordered on Shopto for £38. No deal. :p 

Yeah... I don't know what I was thinking when I pre-ordered on the Nintendo Store. :p

I just checked on ShopTo and I have it pre-ordered already for £37.86 so I cancelled that other order, as it's effectively nearly £20 for another figure I don't really need. :D

Anyway, just over three weeks now! :peace:

Who's actually getting this? And who of you are total noobs when it comes to Monster Hunter?

I'm somewhat interested, but not sure if I want to actually get into this now.

Edited by Sméagol

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Who's actually getting this? And who of you are total noobs when it comes to Monster Hunter?

It can be daunting. There's a lot to take in for a newcomer.

You're absolutely gonna suck for quite a while at first. Every action you do has some kind of wind-up to it, even the small little Sword and Shield. There's a hell of a lot of underlying mechanics to the game. And the options available to you can be overwhelming for a newcomer.

But if you power through and accept that you're going to die and be an absolute dope more than a few times, there will be that moment when it starts to click for you.

Some advice for you or anyone wanting to jump in.

- Do not just immediately go online with a bunch of random people. The single player story has a bunch of tutorials on the basics. Definitely do those first. There are a lot unfortunately, but they will help.

- Each of the weapons have a variety of different attacks and mechanics to use. The single player section has a quest for each weapon that pits you against the easiest big monster so you can try it out. The only way to find out what weapon you like is to try them.

- There's also a pretty well known YouTuber called GaijinHunter. Among the many videos he's done are a set of very nice tutorial videos for each weapon. Once you start playing around, it might be worth checking those out to see how to fully utilise the weapons you like.

- And finally, do not be afraid to hit some of us up for help. Especially me. I do not mind helping anyone with anything they might need. Whether it be back-up on a quest or some pointers on how to do things.

Monster Hunter is so not an easy game to get into. I should know, I've been there with the Wii one. It is, however, one of my favourite online multiplayer series. It's all so satisfying getting a group together and  using teamwork to tackle some of the bigger nasties here. But of all the old-school MH games, Generations is the easiest to get into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It can be daunting. There's a lot to take in for a newcomer.

You're absolutely gonna suck for quite a while at first. Every action you do has some kind of wind-up to it, even the small little Sword and Shield. There's a hell of a lot of underlying mechanics to the game. And the options available to you can be overwhelming for a newcomer.

But if you power through and accept that you're going to die and be an absolute dope more than a few times, there will be that moment when it starts to click for you.

Some advice for you or anyone wanting to jump in.

- Do not just immediately go online with a bunch of random people. The single player story has a bunch of tutorials on the basics. Definitely do those first. There are a lot unfortunately, but they will help.

- Each of the weapons have a variety of different attacks and mechanics to use. The single player section has a quest for each weapon that pits you against the easiest big monster so you can try it out. The only way to find out what weapon you like is to try them.

- There's also a pretty well known YouTuber called GaijinHunter. Among the many videos he's done are a set of very nice tutorial videos for each weapon. Once you start playing around, it might be worth checking those out to see how to fully utilise the weapons you like.

- And finally, do not be afraid to hit some of us up for help. Especially me. I do not mind helping anyone with anything they might need. Whether it be back-up on a quest or some pointers on how to do things.

Monster Hunter is so not an easy game to get into. I should know, I've been there with the Wii one. It is, however, one of my favourite online multiplayer series. It's all so satisfying getting a group together and  using teamwork to tackle some of the bigger nasties here. But of all the old-school MH games, Generations is the easiest to get into.

That's.. not what I asked.

But thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

That's.. not what I asked.

But thanks for the info.

Yeah, woops. Kinda forgot to actually answer the question before going off on a spiel.

Yes, I'm getting it. Getting it digital. I want it available all the time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I am getting it.

I am not a total noob when it comes to Monster Hunter... but will occasionally do stuff that could perhaps make people wonder. :heh::laughing:

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Getting it digital. I want it available all the time.

I really want to get it digital (my entire Switch collection so far, other than Zelda and Labo is digital) but the fact this comes in at like 12 GB (WTF, Capcom? Did you optimise the game? :hmm:) and is at least a tenner more expensive than the physical version is putting me right off that idea.

With talk of who's getting the game I figured it'd be a good idea to get a list going, to help with planning future hunting sessions. ;)

The format is...
Forum name - In-game name - Weapon of choice - Preferred online hunting time:

RedShell - Merengue - Prowler/Hammer - 17:30-19:00/20:00-22:30
Glen-i - ? - Sword and Shield - ?
Ugh first aid - ? - Dual Blades - ?
DCubed - ? - Switch Axe - ?
S.C.G - ? - Dual Blades - ?
Hero-of-Time - ? - Long Sword - ?

I'm guessing everyone is planning to continue using their favourite weapons from Generations, but if not let me know so I can edit. Same goes for in-game names and online availability.
Oh, and apologies to those I've missed, but let me know your info so I can add it. :)

BTW, would anyone be up for jumping back into Generations in a couple of weeks time, for a few 3DS online sessions before the Switch game arrives? Might be nice to get some practice hunts done (for those of us that are a bit rusty :heh:) in preparation for the switch to Switch. :D

Let me know.

:peace:

• Like 2

@RedShell My in game name is still Glen-i. Woo! Consistency!

I'm generally available Thursday to Saturday evenings, except for Mario Kart of course. Maybe a bit of Sunday from 5 - 7pm.

I'd also be totally up for some 3DS hunts in the near future.

• Thanks 1

On August 4, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Sméagol said:

I'll be getting it. Although I will be starting from scratch. I was tempted to transfer over my 3DS save but I figure I will start a fresh character and get my grind on again.

A word of warning @Sméagol, these games are massive time sinks and require a lot dedication to get the most out of them.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I will be starting from scratch. I was tempted to transfer over my 3DS save but I figure I will start a fresh character and get my grind on again.

Even though it means having to do those bloody gathering quests again? :heh: But yeah, at least you’ll get a lot more playtime out of the game that way, and I bet you still “finish” it before the rest of us. :laughing: :bowdown: 

• Haha 1

Here's a very quick look at all 93 boss beasties that the game will offer.

I can't wait to battle Lao again. It's been too long, old friend.

• Thanks 2

Cool vid. I wish Great Jaggi was in there though, I used to love speed running that thing on MHTri. :D Think my record with one of the best hammers in the game was about 2 seconds! It literally took just 1 attack. :laughing: 

Oh and Qurupeco. That was another one I always liked hunting as it looked ridiculous and did really funny moves. :heh: That should’ve been included too, would’ve loved to take on those monsters as a Prowler.

On 4-8-2018 at 2:07 PM, Sméagol said:

When it first got announced I really wanted it. Quite soon after I thought, well, I have had a bit of overkill with playing MH Tri, 3 Ultimate, 4 Ultimate and Generations which for my feeling came quite close after each other, especially if you see how much time goes into it. So skipping MHGU.

But now the day is coming closer I can feel the thrill of the hunt again. Seeing movies like the one above definitely helps! Plus I want to play a MH game on a large screen again. Plus dual analogue sticks, even in handheld! So yeah, I'm getting this! So Agnaktors, hide your Uroktors, it is ON! :D

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@<3 Man I honestly can't wait for this! the day is getting closer and closer! 

@RedShell

I believe I go by UFA on there..i'll confirm that when possible, but  when i'm not at work i'm pretty much free most the day, if I had to put a time on it i'll say 5pm till stupid o'clock. :'3 When I am working though I'll normally be on about midnight till stupid o'clock in the morning. :'3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ugh first aid wants to get a new outfit ready for Ultimate and it's Transmog feature so, her and I are gonna farm some Narkarkos on the 3DS version at about 9pm.

@RedShell, @S.C.G any of you want in?

Sorry, only just seen this as I just got in from work.

Let me know if you're hunting on Sunday, I should be about more then. :smile:

In the meantime, happy hunting and I hope you get the required drops. :peace:

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Sorry, only just seen this as I just got in from work.

Let me know if you're hunting on Sunday, I should be about more then. :smile:

In the meantime, happy hunting and I hope you get the required drops. :peace:

Thanks, we're still whacking away at it. Unfortunately, we're not available during Sunday. But thanks anyway.

• Like 1

@Ugh first aid wants to get a new outfit ready for Ultimate and it's Transmog feature so, her and I are gonna farm some Narkarkos on the 3DS version at about 9pm.

@RedShell, @S.C.G any of you want in?

Didn’t see this until now (been glued to Cat Quest :hehe:) but hopefully we can still get some 3DS hunts arranged before the Switch version lands. 

Oh my gosh I just got cat quest too! It's supurrrisingly fun! :p Dean just got Monster Hunter worlds and that kinda kicked us in the mood for some hunts. Sadly I'm working tomorrow and Sunday evening. So I won't be home till like midnight-ish. Would love to get some hunts in with you guys soon though! Gotta get some bling armour ready for ultimate @RedShell @S.C.G

• Like 2
  • Weird 1