Schedule:

All day long: Zen FX3 pinball - Sorcerair's lair tournament

20:00 - 20:50 Mario Kart - General league format: 3 GP's

21:00 - 21:50 Rocket League - 3 vs 3

22:00 - 22:50 Mario Tennis - doubles?

23:00 - 00:00 Splatoon 2 - x vs x

00:00 - ?     Splatoon 2 - Splatfest late night sessions

Original post:

Alright, maybe two months in advance is the other extreme, but whatever.

It's too early to discuss timeslots, for now I just want to discuss the date and the games (and whatever comes to mind).

Date

Possible dates:

• Saturday 23-06-2018
  • Sunday 24-06-2018
  • ?

I suggest 23-06-2018.
It's a Saturday, in the middle of Summer, so I hope more people will be free and available for this day.
It's also a day after the release of Mario Tennis Aces, adding a big new multiplayer game to the list (and I suspect a popular one).

Glen-i suggested the possibility of a two day event.

Games
I hope to see more games this time around, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of new candidates.
I think we can safely say Mario Kart, Splatoon and Rocket League will be the returning staples of the event. Like I said, I suspect Mario Tennis to be a popular newcomer.
Personally, I'd also like to see Streetfighter 30th anniversary collection in the mix, though it depends a bit on the details of the online mode. A tournament mode would be great. Still hoping for some Doom and Arms action. Feel free to suggest anything else. Oh and mention any specific modes you want.

Just like last time, I'll just list the games, and the people wanting to play them to gauge their popularity.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3x 150cc GP, player's choice everything (i.e. Mario Kart League format)

• Sméagol
  • Glen-i
  • Ike

Splatoon 2
rotating team battle modes

• Sméagol
  • Glen-i
  • Ike

Splatoon 2
Salmon run, depending on availablity

• Sméagol

Rocket League
Standard 3 vs 3

• Glen-i
  • Sméagol

Mario Tennis Aces
?

• Sméagol
  • Glen-i (tentatively)

Streetfighter 30th anniversary collection
Streetfighter 3 Third Strike (seems to be lobbies of 4)

• Sméagol

Arms
Party mode

• Sméagol

Doom
Team multiplayer

• Sméagol
  • Glen-i

BlazBlue Crosstag Battle
?

• Sméagol (if I can get the game in time)
  • Ike

Runbow
?

Sushi Striker
?

Puyo Puyo Tetris
?

• Glen-i

Zen Pinball FX3
24 hour classic tournament on Sorcerer's Lair

• No need to specifically sign up for this.

Again, suggest any games and/or modes you feel are missing.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Switch only?

I personally wanted to keep it Switch only yeah, but feel free to suggest something, and see how many people are interested. I'm not joining anything on Playstation though, as I don't have any Playstations, and my old computer occasionally crashes on Titanfall 2, which is the only recent multiplayer game I've got on PC. I also think it may be a bit of a hassle to switch consoles every hour or so, and it may fragment the player base too much..

Put me down for Mario Kart, Splatoon, Rocket League and a maybe for Mario Tennis.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I also think it may be a bit of a hassle to switch consoles every hour or so, and it may fragment the player base too much..

Well...after the first move to PS4 everybody would stay there because it has voice chat. :p

But you're right. It'll probably be a bad idea to include other consoles/PC.

Runbow will be out on Switch by then, undoubtedly a must add to any sort of online multi extravaganza! (and also a must have in general! It's a brilliant game!)

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not that I'll be participating but doesn't Shushi Striker have online multiplayer?

It does indeed! Might be another good addition.

Speaking of which, nobody seems to have mentioned Puyo Puyo Tetris in here yet (including myself!) shame on you/me!

Edited by Dcubed

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Runbow will be out on Switch by then, undoubtedly a must add to any sort of online multi extravaganza! (and also a must have in general! It's a brilliant game!)

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not that I'll be participating but doesn't Shushi Striker have online multiplayer?

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It does indeed! Might be another good addition.

Speaking of which, nobody seems to have mentioned Puyo Puyo Tetris in here yet (including myself!) shame on you/me!

I didn't include Puyo Puyo Tetris myself because it wasn't popular enough last time, and don't have the game. I'll add it regardless.
Runbow and Sushi look like good suggestions, I'll add them to the list as well. Should I add your name to any of those games @Dcubed?

Edited by Sméagol

I know it might be a bit early to be considering this, but what about having two days? Maybe Friday or Sunday depending on who's free.

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I work Saturdays @Sméagol, so I wouldn’t be able to participate unfortunately.

Feel free to suggest Sunday (the 24th) or anothere date, or

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I know it might be a bit early to be considering this, but what about having two days? Maybe Friday or Sunday depending on who's free.

That's another possibility. In principle, I'm all for it, but I suspect we don't have enough games and players to fill 2 evenings and one night. Maybe we do?

9 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Feel free to suggest Sunday (the 24th) or anothere date, or

That's another possibility. In principle, I'm all for it, but I suspect we don't have enough games and players to fill 2 evenings and one night. Maybe we do?

Maybe I should bold this so it's clear to everyone else.

The date Sméagol posted is not final, it's just a suggestion. You lot are free to suggest alternative dates.

We can discuss which date would suit the most people and go from there.

Anyway, who's to say that some of the more popular games can't make two appearances? Say we've got 12 people up for Mario Kart on Friday or Saturday. But 4 of them can't make it for Friday and 4 can't make it on Saturday. You could theoretically have an hour of Mario Kart on both nights so everyone gets at least one go.

Goes without saying that this would be only for games with a lot of interest.

BTW, I'd be down for Puyo Puyo Tetris if any others want to make an hour for that.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, who's to say that some of the more popular games can't make two appearances? Say we've got 12 people up for Mario Kart on Friday or Saturday. But 4 of them can't make it for Friday and 4 can't make it on Saturday. You could theoretically have an hour of Mario Kart on both nights so everyone gets at least one go.

Goes without saying that this would be only for games with a lot of interest.

They could, but if we'd do two days, I don't want them to feel samey, so I'd like to limit the repeat games. It would allow for a guaranteed Salmon run though.

So a little mockup:

Saturday:

(I guess you could also use the afternoon)

19:00 Puyo Puyo Tetris

20:00 Mario Kart

21:00 Rocket League

22:00 Mario Tennis

23:00 Splatoon all-nighter

Sunday (I'd prefer a Sunday over Friday):

(I guess you could also use the afternoon)

19:30 Runbow

20:00 Mario Kart

21:00 Streetfighter 3 third strike

22:00 Mario Tennis (egh, I'd like to limit repeat games, but this one will be new. Skip the Salmon run I guess)

23:00 Doom afterparty

I'm not sure, but I think Blade Stranger will be out by that time as well, adding another candidate in the fighter genre. And I'm even less sure about this one, but Blazblue cross tag battle could also be out by that time. I'm going to be disappointed if the fighter genre isn't represented in this event.

Bump. It's roughly a month before the date I suggested, so now would be a good time to come up with alternatives, especially if you'd like it to be sooner.

I added BlazBlue as a possible game, they just announced a releasedate for it, which is on the same day as Mario Tennis Aces.

Again, feel free to suggeste dates, times, games, or to generally post your thoughts and comments.

Edit:

I also only recently realized this events is before the introduction of Nintendo online. That may be significant.

Edited by Sméagol

Oh BTW, feel free to add me to Doom.

Now that it has motion controls, I might be able to not completely fail.

• Thanks 1

We still don't have a final date though.

Tomorrow I'll get some (Pre-) orders in. I intend to get BlazBlue, but I don't know if I can get it on time. The game apparently isn't sold here, so I need to import it from Amazon.fr. Then again, I've never played a BlazBlue game, so even if I get it on time, going straight online may not be such a good idea. :indeed: Hope to see some fellow n00bs?

With a little over 2 weeks left before my suggested date, now would be a good time to let me know if there's any interest in this, or if it's just me, Glen-i, and Ike playing. :indeed:

If people are up for this, post here, and don't let me and @Glen-i call all the shots on the day before like last time. :D

Some things to keep in mind, unlike New Year's Eve, depending on what day it is, I'm personally not up for any late night sessions, except for Saturday night. Instead though, we could use the afternoon.

So again, post here if you're up for this, and let me know:

- Any preferred dates, or if you like the 23rd as suggested by me.
- If you like Glen-i suggestion of a two day event.
- The online multiplayer games you're up for.
- Any preferred timeslots.

Also, it doesn't look like I'll be able to play BlazBlue before the 23rd. I pre-ordered it from Amazon.fr, but they don't seem to ship before the releasedate. Their delivery estimates are beyond the 23rd. It's very strange the game isn't sold in The Netherlands at all.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

There's a week left people. Get your suggestions in!

I received my Streetfighter today, so I'm going to train for a week, and still be horrible at it next week!

I also wonder if Fortnite could be a thing. I haven't looked at the private lobby options.

There's a week left people. Get your suggestions in!
I received my Streetfighter today, so I'm going to train for a week, and still be horrible at it next week!
I also wonder if Fortnite could be a thing. I haven't looked at the private lobby options.

I could be wrong, but it seems to have 4 player lobbies. Could get a few teams going but would they play in the same game against each other?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'll probably take part in Mario Kart, Mario Tennis Aces, Rocket League and Splatoon 2, depends what time, if after 9pm then sure, might be able to play a bit earlier.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

We need to talk times. Or is this happening at all. Otherwise there's other stuff I'll be doing tomorrow night. I can also move this Sunday if preferrable.

I was thinking simply this:

All day long: Zen FX3 pinball - Sorcerair's lair tournament

16:00 Blazblue - Beat up Sméagol who doesn't know anything about the game.

17:00 Street fighter 3 - Beat up Sméagol who barely knows anything about the game.

20:00 Mario Kart - General league format: 3 GP's

21:00 Rocket League - 3 vs 3

22:00 Mario Tennis - ehh I still have to actually get this. Is there a private tournament option?

23:00 Splatoon 2 - x vs x

00:00 Splatoon 2 - Splatfest late night sessions

Could use the afternoon for other stuff as well.

Edited by Sméagol

Mario Tennis uses private lobbies for Singles or Doubles, if I recall correctly.

That schedule looks good though. Hopefully we get some last minute joining.

Sign in to follow this