NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Shenmue 1&2 HD (PC/PS4/Xbox One)

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I haven't played Shenmue since it's release back in 2000. I can't wait to see how its aged. It's just a shame it releases the same week as Yakuza Kiwami 2. I'll be picking up and playing that first and then after that is done it will be time for Shenmue. Doing it this way will give me some insight on just how good the remaster/port is.

One of my mates brothers absolutely loves the games and didn't even realise that this was coming out. Needless to say he was ecstatic to find out that they are here very soon and he'll be there day 1.

They're actually released a week apart so I'm planning on playing Shenmue first. I'll probably at least manage to finish the first one before Kiwami 2 comes out.

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

They're actually released a week apart so I'm planning on playing Shenmue first. I'll probably at least manage to finish the first one before Kiwami 2 comes out.

I thought one was out on the Tuesday and the other on the Friday?

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I thought one was out on the Tuesday and the other on the Friday?

According to Gamefaqs they're both Tuesdays. 21st and 28th.

Just now, Happenstance said:

According to Gamefaqs they're both Tuesdays. 21st and 28th.

Sweet! I wonder if a Saturday delivery is on the cards from Simply Games...

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sweet! I wonder if a Saturday delivery is on the cards from Simply Games...

Have you used them since the takeover?

Just now, Happenstance said:

Have you used them since the takeover?

Yeah. Apart from one time they have still delivered my games early to me. I got Shining Resonance on a Saturday from them when it was a Tuesday release.

• Like 1

If y'all can finish Shenmue in a week I'm jealous of your free time 😋

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I work in a school so im working reduced hours during the summer holiday.

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I work in a school so im working reduced hours during the summer holiday.

I work 10 hours a day but I'm just very good a getting through games quickly. :D 

To be fair, Shenmue can be finished in 15-20 hours if you just critical path it. Probably less if you're familiar with it. Easily doable in a week.

• Thanks 1

Have we seen the trophies for this yet? It might be the first game I'm actually interesting in trying to get them. 

33 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Have we seen the trophies for this yet? It might be the first game I'm actually interesting in trying to get them. 

Nah, they haven't cropped up yet.

I've put off buying these games on the Dreamcast for so long due to the prices being a bit high on Ebay. Not mega high or as expensive as some games, but expensive enough to know that I should have bought these games much earlier on! Really looking forward to this coming out. I remember that they used to show lots of footage from this on GameNetwork back in the day and I would watch it thinking it looked like the best game eveeer. Going to go into it with my Dreamcast/GameCube-era googles on. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Message from Team Yu on Facebook:

Shenmue I & II will be officially released next Tuesday, August 21st.

Until then, physical copies are without the planned benefit of a significant day one patch containing work done while discs were being manufactured and distributed, and even digital copies are subject to similar adjustments carried out during the platform holder's approval process.

For these practical reasons, any premature experience of the games relayed or presented prior to August 21st without formal clearance by SEGA will not be representative of the completed product due to be delivered. Whether it be amateur reviewers and influencers breaking the terms of an embargo, or customers indulging in an early purchase from a non-compliant retailer, we advise treating any pre-release impressions or materials as you would an alpha or beta preview, rather than an accurate depiction of the final build - whether the person relaying the content understands this or not.

We've only a few days left for the real deal to be in everyone's hands (or hard drives). Let's be careful not to consume or encourage false perceptions ahead of time, based on code that was never intended for public consumption. As fans we owe the teams at d3t and SEGA, as well as the legacy of Shenmue, at least that much.

Gotta love the internet age. So if you buy the game and are unable to download the update for whatever reason then the game is a bit of a mess? Great.

To me thats just a day one patch notice, same as we get for most games. They're just covering themselves.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

To me thats just a day one patch notice, same as we get for most games. They're just covering themselves.

Possibly. Just annoys me that we are in an age where devs/publishers are quite happy to ship broken or unfinished games and then fix the issues with a day one patch. Freaking finish your game and then ship it!

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Possibly. Just annoys me that we are in an age where devs/publishers are quite happy to ship broken or unfinished games and then fix the issues with a day one patch. Freaking finish your game and then ship it!

But then you'd have the gaming community going apeshit about how games get delayed constantly or announced to early.
I think devs can't win these days, so covering their asses with a notice like @Happenstance mentioned is their best bet. 

Personally I'd rather wait longer for games but what can ya do. ::shrug:

People have already got the game which is probably one reason why the message was released anyway as its started to be streamed. Seems like it runs well and looks great with a couple of audio glitches which are bound to be fixed.

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Personally I'd rather wait longer for games but what can ya do. ::shrug:

As would I. 

I don't think anything can be done. The gaming community as a whole has become too accepting of such practices now and its got to the point where these things are kind of just expected. I mean, just look at the state of the Spryo collection. The games could easily fit on the disc but because the publisher wants the game shipped ASAP the consumer is the one to suffer for it.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I mean, just look at the state of the Spryo collection. The games could easily fit on the disc but because the publisher wants the game shipped ASAP the consumer is the one to suffer for it.

I think suffer is a bit of a strong word. You can still play the games.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I think suffer is a bit of a strong word. You can still play the games.

True but not without downloading them. When I buy a disc I expect the games to be on said disc, especially when they can fit on the thing. Why even bother with the disc at that point? Activision may as well just make the full collection a digital only game.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this