NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Remembering WiiWare

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

From the Nintendo UK site.

It will no longer be possible to add Nintendo Points with either a credit card, a Nintendo Points Card or a Nintendo eShop Card after 20:59 UK time on 26th March 2018. If you’d like to purchase Nintendo Points or redeem a Nintendo Points Card or Nintendo eShop Card, please do so before this time.

Yeah, you can use your credit card to add some points if push comes to shove.

Excellent, I'll be loading up my account with 25,000 Wii Points then over the weekend, after I've redeemed the codes I have. :D

I reckon now, after reading your recommendations and the ones I already had in my head and on my list that I could easily spend that. :p

I will try my best to get another of your articles up to day on the main site, and then every day up to the cut off day and beyond where possible. :peace:

(I would have had one up yesterday but its been a mad rush trying to get loads of things sorted in the last few days before I go back to work, I'm glad I took holiday around this time, otherwise I might have missed the boat completely!) :grin:

Edited by S.C.G

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Jett Rocket! Seriously, give the demo a go.

I'll maybe give it a go later!

The demo is over 300 blocks in size so wouldn't work when I tried to load it from the SD card yesterday :hmm: I'll have to move things around if I want to try it..

Also.. 25000 points, @S.C.G:eek: I'm still wondering if I should just add another 3000 and figure out what to purchase afterwards..

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

I'm just about to load up 30,000 points, that's £210.  Seems insane.  Gonna be a kick in the face if everything gets re-released elsewhere (though I hope it does!  Digital death = bad).

• Haha 1

Everybody’s dazzybeeing the sh*t out of WiiWare! :D

Will be interesting to see the effect it has on WiiWare sales ;)

• Haha 3

Holy shit guys. I was planning to spend 30 euros at most.. Haha.

I want to see lists though.. If you're going to spend that much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

I'm just about to load up 30,000 points, that's £210.  Seems insane.  Gonna be a kick in the face if everything gets re-released elsewhere (though I hope it does!  Digital death = bad).

The bigger kick in the teeth is if your Wii dies and there's absolutely no way to retrieve your purchases. That's the thing stopping me from putting any more money in!

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

The bigger kick in the teeth is if your Wii dies and there's absolutely no way to retrieve your purchases. That's the thing stopping me from putting any more money in!

I should point out that I wouldn't be doing this if I couldn't get them off the Wii.  I'm able to make a backup of my NAND and also extract the games themselves to use in Dolphin.

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Excellent, I'll be loading up my account with 25,000 Wii Points then over the weekend, after I've redeemed the codes I have. 

Something that's just caught me out.  You can only have 10,000 Wii Points in your account.  So not only have we gotta put the money in this weekend, we've also gotta buy most of what we want.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

Something that's just caught me out.  You can only have 10,000 Wii Points in your account.  So not only have we gotta put the money in this weekend, we've also gotta buy most of what we want.

Thanks for that, I will adjust my spending accordingly in that case. :D

For anyone who might be thinking of upgrading their Wii cables...

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/NINTENDO-WII-PACKAPUNCH-PRO-RGB-SCART-CABLE

Retro Gaming Cables - Packapunch cables for Wii and many other systems In Stock Now! :)

@Hero-of-Time @Happenstance plus anyone else who might be interested.

Thought I'd give a heads-up anyway. :peace:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Thanks for that, I will adjust my spending accordingly in that case. :D

For anyone who might be thinking of upgrading their Wii cables...

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/NINTENDO-WII-PACKAPUNCH-PRO-RGB-SCART-CABLE

Retro Gaming Cables - Packapunch cables for Wii and many other systems In Stock Now! :)

@Hero-of-Time @Happenstance plus anyone else who might be interested.

Thought I'd give a heads-up anyway. :peace:

Just want to say these cables are good, bought a RGB cable one for my SNES last year and one for my GameCube on Wednesday and it arrived today (not the packapunch one, was a bit too expensive for me). My old cable was displaying a black and white picture when using the Framemeister, but my new cable works great.

• Thanks 1

16,000 points later...

WiiWare Purchased

Gradius Rebirth
Contra Rebirth
Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth
Tomena Sanner
530 Eco Shooter
Excitebike World Challenge
Actionloop Twist
You, Me, amd the Cubes
Mr. Driller W
Muscle March
Alien Crush Returns
Bomberman Blast
ONslaught
Pop Them, Drop Them, SameGame
Star Soldier R
Cave Story
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
Blaster Master Overdrive

I'll be back for the VC titles tomorrow...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Anybody got any suggestions on which DLC I should pick up for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life As A Dark Lord.  There's quite a lot and I'm not sure which 'add to the game' and which are just shortcuts or cosmetic.

23 hours ago, S.C.G said:

16,000 points later...

WiiWare Purchased

Gradius Rebirth
Contra Rebirth
Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth
Tomena Sanner
530 Eco Shooter
Excitebike World Challenge
Actionloop Twist
You, Me, amd the Cubes
Mr. Driller W
Muscle March
Alien Crush Returns
Bomberman Blast
ONslaught
Pop Them, Drop Them, SameGame
Star Soldier R
Cave Story
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
Blaster Master Overdrive

I'll be back for the VC titles tomorrow...

OK well, I knew the VC titles would take longer.

I started going through the Wii Shop Channel just after 10PM and I've now finished choosing, I haven't even downloaded these yet but...

30,800 Wii Points should get me the following...

Neo Geo

Blue's Journey     900

Master System

Sonic 2 (500)

Arcade

Golden Axe (900)
Shinobi (800)

NES

Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa (600)
Faxanadu (500)
Milon's Secret Castle (600)
Ufouria: The Saga    (500)

SNES

Chrono Trigger (900)
DoReMi Fantasy Milon's DokiDoki Adventure (900)
Gradius III (900)
Super Adventure Island (800) *
Super Adventure Island II (800) *
Super Turrican (800)
Zombies (800)

N64

Bomberman Hero (1,000)
Cruis'n USA (1,000)

TG-16

Alien Crush (600)
Castlevania Rondo of Blood (900)
Devil's Crush (600)
Dragon's Curse (600)
Final Soldier (700)
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou (900)
Ninja Spirit (600)
Soldier Blade (600)
Star Parodier (900)
Super Star Soldier (600)
The Dynastic Hero (800)
Ys Book I & II (800)

Megadrive

Gley Lancer (800)
Landstalker: Treasures of King Nole (800)
M.U.S.H.A (900)
Mega Turrican (800)
Pulseman (900)
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (800)
Shining Force (800)*
Shining Force 2 (800)*
Shining in the Darkness (800)*
Wonder Boy in Monster World (800)

Even now I'm thinking of not downloading the titles with the asterrix's next to them so that I can at least save something, as I either don't want to play those titles that much or can get them easily elsewhere.

We shall see anyway... :p

I may well keep editing this post as I download games so I can keep track.

Anyone want to gift me any games? ;)

I'd be interested to hear what VC titles everyone else has downloaded. :)

Edit - annnnnnd several hours later, about 21,000 points lighter as well and that's my final purchases made.

The above in Green are titles I purchased while the ones in Red I decided to leave.

I managed to finish up with 0 points in my account so not a single point was wasted. :cool:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

So this is my possible Wii shopping list, items which are striked out are ones I've already bought.

• WiiWare
    • Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth [1000/£7]
    • Contra ReBirth [1000/£7]
    • Dr. Mario & Germ Buster [1000/£7]
    • Excitebike: World Challenge [1000/£7]
    • FAST Racing League [1000/£7]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord [1000/£7]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King [1500/£10.50]
    • Gradius ReBirth [600/£4.20]
    • Mr Driller W [800/£5.60]
    • My Pokemon Ranch [1000/£7]
    • Pokemon Rumble [1500/£10.50]
    • WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase [800/£5.60]
  • Downloadable Content
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:  My Life as a Darklord [2400/£16.80]
      • Darklord Special Forces [500/£3.50]
      • Darklord Elite Unit [500/£3.50]
      • Kain [200/£1.40]
      • Palom [200/£1.40]
      • Wanted on Vacation [500/£3.50]
      • A Fateful Clash! [500/£3.50]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:  My Life as a Darklord Other DLC [2300/£16.10]
      • Beloved Wardrobe [600/£4.20]
      • Designer Wardrobe [600/£4.20]
      • Bedroom Set [300/£2.10]
      • Living Room Set [400/£2.80]
      • Darklord Armory [400/£2.80]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:  My Life as a King [2000/£14]
      • Dungeon Pack [300/£2.10]
      • Triple Race Pack [800/£5.60]
      • Luxurious House [100/£0.70]
      • Sacred Shrine [200/£1.40]
      • Library [200/£1.40]
      • Castle Renovation [100/£0.70]
      • Infinity Spire [300/£2.10]
  • Virtual Console SNES
    • ActRaiser [800/£5.60]
    • Chrono Trigger (Available on other platforms) [900/£6.30]
    • DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure [900/£6.30]
    • Kirby's Ghost Trap [800/£5.60]
    • Mystic Quest Legend (Available on Wii U in Japan) [800/£5.60]
    • Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen (Available on other platforms) [900/£6.30]
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Available on Wii U now) [900/£6.30]
    • Super Mario World (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Metroid (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars (Available on other platforms) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back [800/£5.60]
    • The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Zombies Ate My Neighbors [800/£5.60]
  • Virtual Console N64
    • Bomberman Hero [1000/£7]
    • Mario Kart 64 (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Paper Mario (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Pokémon Puzzle League [1000/£7]
    • Pokemon Snap (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Sin & Punishment (Available on Wii U now) [1200/£8.40]
    • Super Smash Bros [1000/£7]
    • The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Yoshi's Story (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
  • Virtual Console TG-16
    • Castlevania Rondo of Blood [900/£6.30]

I really don't want to buy the other Crystal Chronicles DLC, just trying to find out if they're worth getting or not.

Edit:  Removed most of the remaining CC DLC.

Just over 24 hours to go before you will not be able to buy Wii Shop Points.

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Thanks 1

I'm still considering what I want (if anything), and how much to top up by. 3 mains ones I was thinking of come to 2600 points, that leaves 400 wasted from a 3000 points top up. I'm glad this silly eShop points top-up system died with the Wii.

@V. Amoleo For the love of God, get Chrono Trigger while you still can! The Wii VC version is the best version you can currently buy (being the SNES version with the added Wii VC features/image quality).  Every other non DS version is awful and the DS version leaves a lot to be desired (the audio quality isn’t as good and the new localisation is... controversial at best... I much prefer the original text - the added dungeons and multiplayer are also awful and actually act as a black stain on the game as a whole).  The DS version is also very expensive now.

Also, only Super Star Wars is available on PS4, the two sequels are still SNES/VC exclusive.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

@V. Amoleo For the love of God, get Chrono Trigger while you still can! The Wii VC version is the best version you can currently buy (being the SNES version with the added Wii VC features/image quality).  Every other non DS version is awful and the DS version leaves a lot to be desired (the audio quality isn’t as good and the new localisation is... controversial at best... I much prefer the original text - the added dungeons and multiplayer are also awful and actually act as a black stain on the game as a whole).  The DS version is also very expensive now.

Also, only Super Star Wars is available on PS4, the two sequels are still SNES/VC exclusive.

I have Chrono Trigger on Wii but I really need to find the time to play it.

Thinking about it, I have it and a few other games I would HATE to lose only on the SD card so may rearrange things so that the important stuff is on Wii and SD card for extra security. I will back the SD card up to PC too.. and external HDD!

So I've done most of my purchases now.  Loaded my account up with 10,000 points to spend until the end of January next year.

• Haven't got most of the Crystal Chronicles DLC as I might play the game and end up not enjoying it at all (though I remember liking the demos, so that's not likely).
  • Haven't bought Mystic Quest Legend as there's the super slim chance the Wii U gets it like it has in Japan.
  • Haven't bought Super Star Wars because there's a chance they're ported, like how the first has been.
  • I've not bought Pokemon Puzzle League yet because there's a slim chance there'll be an N64 Classic, and I suspect this would be included on it.

Obviously if I've still got all the points in my account come January, I'll just buy the above.

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Thanks 1

*sigh*

I knew I'd be back... :blank:

I'll keep updating this post with all the titles I'm inevitably about to purchase.

TG-16

Cho Aniki, Splatterhouse, Dragon's Curse

SNES

Super Adventure Island, Super Adventure Island II, Zombies

N64

Cruis'n USA

Megadrive

Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining in the Darkness, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Splatterhouse 2

Master System

Sonic 2

Edit- OK that is definitely it now, I'm pretty pleased, all of those games I don't own in physical form... apart from maybe Sonic 2 on the Master System but it's easier to have it on the Wii and I'm less familiar with it than the Megadrive version.

No more now, that's it...

... or is it?

No... that's definitely it. :peace:

Probably.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I haven't got time for write ups but a few games I have been playing over the weekend that I would recommend before the service goes away tonight are.

MotoHeroz - The guys that made Trials HD bring a similar type of game to WiiWare.

Driift Mania - Super Off Road type of game. Quite fun but can be challenging.

Zombie Panic in Wonderland - A pretty fun third person shooter 

Space Invaders Get Even - Great shooter but costs 2000 points if you want all the levels

In terms of the Virtual Console, anything made by LucasArts and Factor 5 should be purchased. Also, the Rambo 2 game on the Master System (Secret Commando) is quite fun and I don't think is available anywhere else.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

SNES

Zombies

Firstly congratulations on your haul! You know it makes sense, would only regret it tomorrow if you didn’t get what you wanted.

Weirdly the file for Zombies on the SNES VC isn’t correct. The Wii emulator accounts for it fine so you won’t notice; but if you try to extract it and then restore the PCM audio to BRR the header file describes it incorrectly.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Firstly congratulations on your haul! You know it makes sense, would only regret it tomorrow if you didn’t get what you wanted.

Weirdly the file for Zombies on the SNES VC isn’t correct. The Wii emulator accounts for it fine so you won’t notice; but if you try to extract it and then restore the PCM audio to BRR the header file describes it incorrectly.

Strange... Maybe it's something to do with the US version having a different name and they're re-using the header from the US version?

I bet it's something silly like that...

Remembering WiiWare #2

content-2-35431-rememberingwiiware2sidebox.jpg

Written by Hero-of-Time

Sorry to keep you waiting. :peace:

I put warnings about the cut-off date and time being today on the front page and in the article. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm sure I'll regret it somewhere down the line but I don't think I'm adding any points today.

If I ever get desperate, I will hunt you down, @S.C.G.. and steal your Wii :blank:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Space Invaders Get Even - Great shooter but costs 2000 points if you want all the levels

I'm back from work and making last minute purchases... :p

Do I need to get the dlc from inside the game for Space Invaders? I can't see any dlc for it on the shop.

Edited by S.C.G

Sign in to follow this