NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Power Stone...Show your Love!

power.jpg

Having just picked up another Dreamcast I have also bought Power Stone 1 and 2. I have been playing these since Sunday and I have to say how great they are.

I owned them both when I had my first Dreamcast but I had forgotten how great and accessible they are. The items, characters and levels are simply amazing while the mulit-player aspect is 2nd only to Smash Bros on the cube. Add to that the item making section of the second game and it makes for an awesome series of games.

Anyone else share my love for these games?

Powerstone 2 was one of my favourite games on the Dreamcast, my friends and I used to play it for hours. I always wanted them to release it on the gamecube with some extras.

I loved the whole way you unlocked weapons and items by “making†them yourself. I still remember the day I made a moped, I practically jump out my chair in excitement

yeah I love Powerstone.

I was gutted i couldnt get the Japanese version of number 2 playable online. them 4 player battles must of been hectic!!

I owned Powerstone 1 on the Dreamcast and it was definately one of my favourite ever dreamcast games!

The 3 crystal power-up transformations were AWESOME, the camera was perfect, the interactive and destructive levels were fantastic and the characters were great aswell.

I used to fight with Falcon or WangTang.

It doesn't get any cooler than;

powerstone_import2.jpg

Powerstone rocks hard indeed. Don't remember who I used though...

I use Wang Tang and the samurai guy....cant think of his name right now.

Its a shame they didnt make another game in the series as it has such a huge fanbase. Hell I would even take a port to the cube or even the Xbox so you could play it via Live.

I was almost certain they would release a gamecube version while the cube was alive, what with Smash brothers being so popular and the similar game play.

I hope Capcom make some sort of sequel in the future.

I had Powerstone for Dreamcast and it must be about 4 years since I last played it. I can't remember anything about it until now, those 2 character names.

I have the first game but I would kill for the sequel - I can't find it anywhere!

I played it at my mates house once and multiplayer is fantastic, I like the larger focus on weaponry.

...thats just not right.

God damn, i am NOT buying a PSP.

*sits and plays it on his Dreamcast*

!!!

That's it, I need a PSP...

lol I was thinking just the same. I mean...Powerstone 1 AND 2...its very tempting.

IGN have a small preview up now with a couple of screenshots. It will suport wireless multiplayer for 4 player mode and you only need one copy of the game for that.

Game sharing for Powerstone? AWESOME.

I see Jordan is keeping his fanboy roots in him again. :P

My bloody Dreamcast keeps reseting itself on me all the time - I think it's on it's last legs... :(

You can solve that by doing something to the insides. Do a google search and see if you can find something, i'll have a look when i've got some time if you don't find something.

Why was this not released on gamecube or PS2 at least?? why is it being released on PSP??

Sometimes i really wonder about how companies make these decisions

Well i never got to play this game but i hope to someday

if this was online for PSP then i would buy a PSP for sure. not sure why capcom don't wanna include online play.

if they wanted could capcom actually develop a DS version of powerstone?

if they wanted could capcom actually develop a DS version of powerstone?
Yep!

Though the graphics may lack in a DS version, i'm sure the 2 screens could be put to good use for level design or for special moves etc...

Sign in to follow this