NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nindies Showcase 20th March 2018

Every time I read about Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (be it in the news or via eMails from the devs' kickstarter) I remember that I will get a digital copy when it's released. :D Really looking forward to it.

Edited by drahkon

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Every time I read about Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (be it in the news or via eMails from the devs' kickstarter) I remember that I will get a digital copy when it's released. :D Really looking forward to it.

Yeah I backed it too, got the $125 tier reward coming my way.

They’ve been really great about keeping constant updates coming out, but I’ve been only looking at it on and off.  It’s great to see it finally coming together! (The latest update has some music samples from the final orchestral recording and they sound AMAZING!)

I’m not gonna bother updating the main thread on here for it until they announce a release date though, because it has been in development for so long now! (June 2015 it was funded!) It has been in development for far longer than any other Castlevania game and from what I’ve seen and played of it, it looks like it’s gonna be worth the wait! :D 

2 minutes ago, londragon said:

What time is this Nindies Showcase?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

4PM UK time.

• Like 1

Terrible news about Hollow Knight, but smart to get it out before the presentation. Sounds like it's still a long way off, otherwise why would they want to miss today's showcase?

Are there any juicy rumours? I haven't seen much during these days but may have missed something?

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Are there any juicy rumours? I haven't seen much during these days but may have missed something?

Nada.  Not a peep.  No idea what to expect.

I would love more than anything... 90s arcade racer or whatever name it goes by these days.

Looking forward to seeing more of Shakedown Hawaii. Thought it looked awesome in the previous directs. 

Edited by Nicktendo

I don't think that was meant to be revealed at this show but well, they could have provided the full list of games - hopefully that'll come later today.

Is there a European stream?`Can't find any other than the one from US.

Edited by MindFreak

Well.. That was .. Well, not really anything for me. Mark of the Ninja is fantastic, though, but already played that to death on Xbox.

Well... that... happened. :blank:

I wasn't expecting much but 10 mins later and it's all over. :D

Ah well, at least it'll be an easy one to write up. ::shrug:

I thought it was alright, Pode and Light Fall look really good and I liked the look of Pool Panic and a couple of the Devolver games. I've never played Lumines either so will definitely add that to my list, there weren't any big announcements or surprises but it's an indie focused direct so that's sort of inherent to the formula.

My issue with it wasn't the lack of big surprises but more that there are a bunch of indie games that got announced ages ago but are now AWOL. I was hoping updates or even solid release dates for some of those.

• Thanks 1

I just think the games on display looked lacking in quality. There were some good announcements there - Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Banner Saga, Garage exclusive to Switch, and some swear that Lumines Remastered is fantastic news. There just wasn't really anything for me and that's fine. However, the presentation itself was boring as hell, especially coming from the back of the last Direct which was packed with good stuff and had a fantastic pace.

Also, as H-o-T says, the lack of solid dates is weird - especially since some of them actually have. Light Fall is out in april, Garage May 10th.

It was a direct that was distinctly lacking in concrete info on precious indie games that are still without dates and what was shown isn't exactly going to do much to impress.

Still, there were a couple of interesting things in there. Getting Banner Saga is awesome, Bad North looks interesting on those same lines (at least I think it could be) and West of Loathing should also be good. Pode could be interesting but after playing some of Fe and other similar platform titles (I'm not quite finished with the former), I'd have to wait and see on it before committing to picking up.

Perhaps they're keeping announcements back for E3 which is fine but that was hardly a good showing for strong indie support.

I guess I didn't think about the lack of concrete dates for games we already knew about, hopefully it doesn't mean that they're going to end up missing 2018. Worth remembering that Nintendo updates the coming soon on the eShop really regularly so they might get dates a week or two in advance like Outlast and Night In The Woods did.

Edited by killthenet

There was no need for a Direct focused on only these announcements. I find it devalues their showings. Very underwhelming presentation, even though most games shown looked fine.

What’s the current status on A Hat in Time?

I was hoping to see River City Ransom Underground revealed. Considering the original was such a beloved NES title, it would have made loads of sense. 

Sign in to follow this