NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nindies Showcase 20th March 2018

Wasn't the leak about Hollow Knight that it would be released on March 20th? Looks like we've got a shadow drop on the way guys!

• Thanks 2

Kinda feels like we got the Runbow and Runner 3 release date announcements a little too early...

I suspect that we'll see Hollow Knight released right after the presentation; I also reckon that we'll see Quote from Cave Story drop into Brawlout that same night too (Nicalis recently put out a very thinly veiled hint about him coming as Brawlout DLC on Twitter a week ago or so; and the devs did say that they were aiming for at least one new character every 3 months, so now would be the time...).

Hopefully we'll see something about Towerfall on Switch.  Now that Celeste is out, hopefully we'll hear something!

Chances are that we'll get a rough release timeframe for Shovel Knight: King of Cards as well.

Otherwise I'm not really sure what to expect.

Edited by Dcubed

I think we'll get a more concrete date on Kentucky Route Zero but otherwise I think you covered everything else that we know about @Dcubed. That's what it so great about the indie showcase, you really never know whats going to be announced

• Thanks 1

Clearly, we're getting the confirmation of Shovel Knight in Smash.

Obviously. Just gotta believe!

• Thanks 1

Hoping for things like Spelunky (1 or 2), GNOG, Swords of Ditto, The Last Night, Guacamelee 2, Chasm

34 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Fortnite on Switch, calling it now! ;)

Ha, I think it's definitely on the horizon but I don't think Epic count as an indie! 

And @Ronnie, I think The Last Night is a similar situation to Cuphead in that it's a Windows and Xbox exclusive, and that's before you even take into account the creators questionable politics. 

Does PUBG count as indie still? That would be a huge announcement but I'm not sure if it's still a timed console exclusive with Microsoft.

25 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Ha, I think it's definitely on the horizon but I don't think Epic count as an indie! 

And @Ronnie, I think The Last Night is a similar situation to Cuphead in that it's a Windows and Xbox exclusive, and that's before you even take into account the creators questionable politics. 

Does PUBG count as indie still? That would be a huge announcement but I'm not sure if it's still a timed console exclusive with Microsoft.

Oh yeah forgot about it being a Microsoft exclusive, doh. Looks absolutely stunning. Not interested in one man's politics though tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Clearly, we're getting the confirmation of Shovel Knight in Smash.

Obviously. Just gotta believe!

I believe. Dude is due to make an appearance in that game.

For me, the thing I want most out of this is....

DIflwsWW4AA5pCp_thumb.jpg

Please give us a release date, Inti Creates! 

Other things I would like to see are updates for both Wargroove and that Neo Geo Pocket style fighter that was supposed to be out around the launch of the Switch. That thing just disappeared!

• Like 1

Pocket Rumble.

I've constantly been checking for updates on that. It seems they're having trouble getting online to maintain a smooth fps 😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Apparently a Killer7 remaster has just been announced at a conference in Japan with no word on the platforms yet but you'd think considering its GameCube roots it would come to Switch, could be another announcement for the Nindies showcase.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Apparently a Killer7 remaster has just been announced at a conference in Japan with no word on the platforms yet but you'd think considering its GameCube roots it would come to Switch, could be another announcement for the Nindies showcase.

Oh wow... please let this happen! I love the original game on GameCube and would kill for it on Switch! :grin:

... :blank:

Well, maybe not kill... but, it certainly would be rather nice to play it again on a modern Nintendo platform. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G

I’m just hoping for a Wargroove date but the noises over on their forums make it sound likely to be late 2018.

In fact, just more strategy games in general would be great.

On 16/03/2018 at 7:50 PM, markderoos said:

Fortnite on Switch, calling it now! ;)

I do reckon it’ll happen, but not yet.  Mobile seems to be Epic’s priority right now.

Good shout out about Pocket Rumble @DuD! I completely forgot about it!

Hopefully we also see some new footage of Morphy’s Law as well.  Looked really cool in the last Nindies Direct!

I wonder if we might see Downwell on Switch as well, now that the game’s creator works for Nintendo as an employee!

Edited by Dcubed

Like others, I'm hoping for a Hollow Knight release date. Don't think it'll shadow drop and that it's probably still a little out but it would be nice if it did come out at the same time as the direct.

Hoping to see the likes of She Remembered Caterpillars as that was shown off ages ago and Morphies Law as well as they shouldn't be too far off now surely.

Would be awesome if there was an announcement of Into The Breach coming to consoles, and the Switch. I'm holding off picking it up on PC in the off chance it gets announced but with only 2 developers behind that game (and FTL) and their stubbornness about the idea, I'm not holding a huge amount of hope that it'll happen. Would be an instant buy for me tho as I really want to play it.

Have to say I really love these 6 month showcases, the first two have been packed full of great games and the pace is such that even if you're not interested in something, you only have about 30 seconds to wait until the next game. Nintendo (and Microsoft tbf) are doing a great job curating and promoting indie titles.

Any chance of OlliOlli finally making it to Switch? I haven't played the sequel but it's time :grin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Have to say I really love these 6 month showcases, the first two have been packed full of great games and the pace is such that even if you're not interested in something, you only have about 30 seconds to wait until the next game. Nintendo (and Microsoft tbf) are doing a great job curating and promoting indie titles.

It is good and it also makes a lot of sense.

Nintendo have great 1st party games but a lack of 3rd party support in a world where having a console far less powerful makes porting difficult so indies help fill the gaps.

Microsoft have great 3rd party games (arguably the best console for them in the X) but have large voids in 1st party releases.

21 hours ago, killthenet said:

I posted in here only a couple of hours ago but I seem to have missed this last time around!

Killer7 is one of favourite Gamecube titles and edges out the original No More Heroes as Suda 51's best work :smile:

I'd love to see both of those games on Switch!

• Thanks 1

Whelp! Scratch Hollow Knight from the list!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Whelp! Scratch Hollow Knight from the list!

Bah! Awful way to start the day. :( 

Sign in to follow this