NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Sega Mega Drive Collection ( May 2018- PS4/One/PC )

Sega-Gen-Classics_2018_03-13-18_011.jpg_

This was leaked last night. Sega told US Gamer that the announcement wasn't ready to be made yet but more information will come shortly. A trailer for it was taken down from YouTube but someone from Era grabbed this from it.

7PG1rlk.png

Speculation is that this is a release of the collection that appeared on the Steam Mega Drive hub. Here's the list of games that is on there.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where's Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on that list? Also, I wonder why no Switch release?

6 hours ago, Blade said:

Where's Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on that list? Also, I wonder why no Switch release?

There's speculation that there may be some licensing issue. There's clearly something up otherwise why wouldn't they be part of the collection when all the others are?

As for the Switch version, it may appear at a later date just like the Megaman Collection or it just may not appear at all.

As much as I love the MD era of Sega, I am getting a little tired of them trotting out the same old stuff over and over again. How about they take a look at the Saturn or Dreamcast era? Of course that would require some actual effort from Sega, so it probably won't happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh man, a compilation of Dreamcast games would be an instant purchase for me. So many fantastic games on there that developers are just sitting on. We can only dream...

As for this, it's got Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Vectorman and ToeJam and Earl so I'm down for it. Just amongst those games there are some great memories. Didn't realise there was a second Vectorman tho so that'll be nice to play that for the first time. I remember being so impressed with the visuals and how they made Vectorman look 3D with its sprites, blew my mind growing up.

I've been playing this on and off since yesterday afternoon and have had a blast (processing) with some of the games.

The game features a fast forward and rewind option. You just hit the R trigger to go forward or L trigger to rewind. This has been coming in handy with games such as Shining Force where you have to wait for the enemy to take its turn. I even found myself using it on Sonic when waiting for platforms to move in Marble Zone. :D 

The game also had 20 challenges that need to be tackled. Some of these can be pretty tough and range from things like beating the first stage of Streets of Rage with a full health bar or taking on two bosses in Golden Axe with just 1 life.

The game does have some issues though. I noticed audio issues in a few games I played and Sonic 1 feels like there is input lag in it, which isn't ideal. Still, nothing too major and I really bought the collection just for Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4 and Shining Force 1, 2 and In the Darkness.

Some of the games I found to be very frustrating to play. The worst ones were the a Golden Axe games. I hate the way the enemies move in those games, with one alt was walking in and angle in an attempt to get behind you. Streets of Rage was another one that grinds my gears. I've said it for years and I'll say it again... Final Fight >>>>>Streets of Rage.

I got the platinum trophy earlier and according to PSN Profiles I'm only the 3rd person in the world to get it. Go me! 

• Thanks 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

As much as I love the MD era of Sega, I am getting a little tired of them trotting out the same old stuff over and over again. How about they take a look at the Saturn or Dreamcast era? Of course that would require some actual effort from Sega, so it probably won't happen.

I feel much the same.  As far as 16-bit goes, I'd rather play the System 16 coin-ops than the Mega Drive ports.  The achievements do sound fun though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some of the games I found to be very frustrating to play. The worst ones were the a Golden Axe games. I hate the way the enemies move in those games, with one alt was walking in and angle in an attempt to get behind you. Streets of Rage was another one that grinds my gears. I've said it for years and I'll say it again... Final Fight >>>>>Streets of Rage.

I hate how in Golden Axe the enemies go off screen and you have to wait for them to come back, which usually is when they feel like it.

I got mine yesterday, but I'm not really in the mood to play anything on it. I heard about the issues and it put me off as well, hopefully they can patch them. Although to be honest, I'd rather just wait for the SEGA AGES releases now.

• Thanks 1

If this video doesn't make you want to play some Sonic the Hedgehog or other Sega games, then I don't know what will... :D

I'm going to finish the run of Sonic which I started last night and go after some of those trophies. :)

I recall going for the full amount on the Xbox 360 collection years ago, so who knows... this might be my first platinum. :peace:

Sign in to follow this