NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Smash Bros Switch Roster Prediction Competition

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Well, here we are. The final stop on our prediction hype train and it's time for everyone to pay their fines for their awful choices. Bringing on uninvited passengers is not allowed, after all.

Now obviously, I've already docked points for any characters that were relegated to Assist Trophies or Mii Costumes. No, this one last humiliation conga is for all the characters that were still in Limbo before the Smash door was thoroughly locked.

sora_lock.jpg

He gets in, and then immediately makes sure no-one else can follow him. What a jerk!

Release the Avalanche of Crushed Dreams!

@Glen-i - Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Yarn Poochy, Decidueye, Chorus Kids, Rayman (Minus 6)

@markderoos - Rabbid, Qbby, Solaire (Minus 3)

@Mandalore - Sami, Mia, Qbby, Kat & Ana, Ricky Winterborn, Professor Yazoo Jr, Rabbid Peach, Yooka & Laylee, Goose (Minus 9)

@Jonnas - Twintelle, Dixie Kong, Decidueye, Captain Toad, Sami, Muddy Mole, Rayman (Minus 7)

@Ugh first aid - Crash Bandicoot, Frisk, Wart, Cranky Kong, Decidueye, Marx, Porky (Minus 7)

@Nintendo Fan - Fire Emblem Villain, Decidueye, Cranky Kong, Impa, Chun-Li, King Boo (Minus 6)

@Fused King - Paper Mario, Professor Layton, Cranky Kong, Rayman, Captain Toad, Decidueye, Amaterasu (Minus 7)

@Dcubed - Rayman, Chorus Kids (Minus 2)

@RedShell - Tingle, Birdo, Drake Redcrest, Judd, Jimmy T, 9-Volt, Karate Joe, Ulala, Hatsune Miku, Kazuma Kiryu (Minus 10)

@Julius - Decidueye, Captain Toad, Professor Layton, Rayman, Noctis (Minus 5)

@Nicktendo - Ribbon Girl, Eevee, "Dapper" Bowser, Rabbid Peach, Qbby (Minus 4)

@Vileplume2000 - Decidueye, Funky Kong, Olberic, Musashi, Solaire (Minus 5)

@S.C.G - Paper Mario, Rick (Minus 2)

@Ashley - Rick (Minus 1)

Hah! 7 people, all guessing Decidueye. I wonder what idiot convinced them that was a good idea...

giphy.webp

Stupid Ivysaur...

But here we go, the final results!

14th= Artmediocre, RedShell, bob, Ashley - Minus 30 points
13th - Aperson - Minus 28 points
10th= Nicktendo, Jonnas, mandalore - Minus 27 points (0 stages)
9th - Nintendo Fan - Minus 27 points (1 stage)
8th - Vileplume2000 - Minus 26 points
7th - Dcubed - Minus 25 points
6th - S.C.G - Minus 24 points (1 stage)
5th - Glen-i - Minus 24 points (2 stages)
4th - Ugh First Aid - Minus 21 points (0 stages)

Sorry @Jonnas, you guessed way more than 3 stages for the tie breaker, so you're disqualified from that aspect.

It was a close fought battle in the top 4! Almost non-existant gaps all round!

In 3rd place, we have @markderoos, with minus 21 points and 1 stage prediction! His most spectacular prediciton was easily Banjo & Kazooie. See what blind faith can sometimes get you? Majestic!

In 2nd place, we have @Julius, with Minus 20 points! He also guessed Banjo & Kazooie, but was just that little more accurate with his other guesses. Even if 5 of them turned out to be Assist Trophies. You should celebrate by actually playing Banjo-Kazooie when it gets released on NSO, you philistine!

But the ultimate Human/Genius is @Fused King, with Minus 19 points! Unlike the other two, he didn't predict Banjo & Kazooie. Does that mean he truly won in the grand scheme of things? Yes, he did. Because he got more points then everyone else. And that's how you win.

Boy, that went on a lot longer then anyone dared to imagine, huh? But we've arrived at the end of Ultimate's roster. 30 characters that weren't in the previous game. We've laughed, we've cried, we got angry at another Fire Emblem character even though it was painfully obvious it was going to happen and you really should've grabbed that easy point!

But no matter how you feel about how off-base you were, there's no denying that Smash now has the greatest fighting game roster of all time, and I'm sure some of us will be Smashing each other's face in for years to come. Like me, tonight, at 8pm.

Well, I predicted something at least...

On 12/03/2018 at 3:42 PM, RedShell said:

I look forward to achieving last place in this prediction competition.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

14th= Artmediocre, RedShell, bob, Ashley - Minus 30 points

Although admittedly I didn't expect anyone else would be joining me. :laughing:
High five to my joint last place comrades. :heh:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Slap-bang in the middle.  Thoroughly mediocre.  Suits me perfectly :p 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Slap-bang in the middle.  Thoroughly mediocre.  Suits me perfectly :p 

7th isn't in the middle of 17 people, you know.

No, @Nintendo Fan gets that honour.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

In 2nd place, we have @Julius, with Minus 20 points! He also guessed Banjo & Kazooie, but was just that little more accurate with his other guesses. Even if 5 of them turned out to be Assist Trophies. You should celebrate by actually playing Banjo-Kazooie when it gets released on NSO, you philistine!

elmo-shrug.gif

Damn you Noctis! Trust me to choose what feels like the only major anime JRPG swordsman seen from Square Enix in the last 5 years to not be a character in this game :mad: 

But in all seriousness, thanks a lot for doing this @Glen-i, it's been a lot of fun! And yes, I'll play Banjo when it comes to NSO, you have my word :p I need to justify getting that N64 controller somehow!

And to @Fused King...

dr-wily-begging.gif

...congrats, we are not worthy! 

• Haha 3

I'm still pissed that I deleted Solid Snake from my predictions only to replace him with Takamaru. If only I knew the scope of this game...

But you know what? I correctly predicted Terry Bogard, and nobody can take that away.

Thank you a lot for doing this game, @Glen-i :) I can honestly say this has been my favourite Smash prediction thread/discussion... ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, bob said:

I'd like a recount.

I don't have the photoshop chops to take that Simpsons scene and edit it to fit this situation, so I'm just gonna give my answer in a boring manner.

No.

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I don't have the photoshop chops to take that Simpsons scene and edit it to fit this situation, so I'm just gonna give my answer in a boring manner.

No.

You don't need Photoshop:

https://frinkiac.com/caption/S02E19/944544

You can edit the text to whatever you want. 

Well I'll be a son of a bitch.

Haven't been frequenting this forum for quite some time now, but apparently one can still win at life even whilst one isn't looking.

To me, the greatest crime is still no Paper Mario. Seems like a no-brainer for some kind of alt-G&W.

Also, Layton definitely deserves a spot given his vast library on the DS and getting mothers to buy into the dual-screen hype.

Still love you guys ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this