NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Smash Bros Switch Roster Prediction Competition

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow, an anime swords(wo)man, didn't see that coming.

1ggxtmb5s5zz.jpg?auto=webp&s=e3a067e5994

That's anime swordswomen to you.

tenor.gif

2 characters for the price of one, and people still moan.

4 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

That's the end of this fighter pass right? And there'll be another one? Quite glad I did not shell out for this one.

4 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

They both take up a single slot on the website despite having two seperate numbers, we might still get 2 more DLC fighters after this.

No might about it. There are still 2 fighters to go.

KRXHOpD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Think of how Zelda/Sheik worked in Smash Melee. Same thing.

No guarantee that there'll be a third Fighter's Pass, @LazyBoy

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow, an anime womansword, didn't see that coming.

Fixed that for you... See! It’s totally different! Totally not the same thing!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Fixed that for you... See! It’s totally different! Totally not the same thing!

I wonder if he'd be singing the same tune if Fi got in...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Artwork done by the designer of Pyra and Mythra.

Even they are using the Smash redesigns!

It's been a while since we've seen this kind of thing. (Mario looking kinda funky though)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Artwork done by the designer of Pyra and Mythra.

Even they are using the Smash redesigns!

It's been a while since we've seen this kind of thing. (Mario looking kinda funky though)

Probably the closest we’re getting to Weird Mario in Smash...

• Haha 1

It seems that every time @Dcubed mentions the Avenue of Crushed Dreams, it turns out not to be the time to go down it.

I can confirm that no-one predicted Monster Hunter or Arthur.

My guess is back then, Monster Hunter World left the series in too much of an unknown state when it came to Nintendo, so no-one felt confident enough.

And even Dcubed isn't stupid enough to actually bet on Arthur, a hope is different to a prediction, guys.

Lloyd Irving's Mii costume is still MIA though, and people definitely predicted him. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

My guess as to why nobody went for Mobster Hunter is that they're not an actual character, which often reduces chances (even the likes of Villager and Pokémon Trainer only arrived a couple games later than they should've)

Edit: Oh, wow, I am leaving that typo

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 3

Is it too late to throw another name into the ring? Hat? I'm lost on metaphors. 

Righto. Forgive the poor formatting.

ss_6.jpg

Kazuya correctly predicted by: No-one

That wasn't too surprising, because let's face it, most people predicting a Tekken character would've gone with a certain someone else. Which means it's time to take another journey down the Avenue of Crushed Dreams.

Heihachi - @Fused King

Sorry, so close, but he's clearly seen in the background of the Tekken stage. Still, Tekken is in Smash now! I'd take that as a personal win if I were you.

I'm not gonna update the scores yet. There's still the later deep dive presentation, which will no doubt have some Mii costumes in it to crush more dreams, so I'll wait until then.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

some Mii costumes in it to crush more dreams

How dare you? Kazuya just bare-handedly proved that Mii costumes don't deconfirm shit. Heihachi gets in as a costume? Pffft, Tekken gets in, anyway.

I imagine the Lloyd Mii costume will get revealed on the deep dive next week. And gamers and smashers and naysayers across the globe will say that Lloyd's chances are done.

But I will hold onto my hope until the end.

(Incidentally, I didn't actually predict Lloyd for this thread)

Welp, it's definitely time for a long-needed trip down the Avenue of Crushed Dreams. 

sword.jpg

Minus points for anyone predicting these near misses.

Shantae - @Ugh first aid 

Lloyd Irving - @Nintendo Fan

Yeah, we're not ResetEra, so no-one was gunning for Dante. They're not exactly pleased with that. It's funny!

The writing was clearly on the wall for Lloyd once Kazuya was revealed. Tekken was always gonna be the biggest obstacle there, but I guess the Heihachi Mii costume did provide a glimmer of hope there.

I can't be upset with the Shantae one though. It's a smaller series in the grand scheme of things, and a Mii Costume (With music!) is a pretty good win there! Still a minus point for that though.

But here are the scores now. With awful phone formatting!

1. Fused King - Minus 12 points

2. Ugh First Aid - Minus 14 points

3. Julius - Minus 15 points

4. Glen-i, Mandalore, markderoos - Minus 18 points

5. RedShell - Minus 19 points

6. Jonnas - Minus 20 points

7. Nintendo Fan, Vileplume2000 - Minus 21 points

8. S.C.G - Minus 22 points

9. Dcubed, Nicktendo - Minus 23 points

10. Ashley, Aperson - Minus 28 points

11. Artmediocre, bob - Minus 30 points

Remember, everyone but Dcubed lost a point when we learned that we got an extra character thanks to Pyra/Mythra.

And I mentioned Fused King for Heihachi a while ago, but I already took a point from him when he got Mii Costume'd, so his score wasn't affected by that background cameo.

Sakurai himself has confirmed that there'll be no more characters after the next one, which means this long journey is almost over! And it'll soon be time to pay that minus point piper.

You see, there's still a lot of predictions that are agonisingly stuck in the limbo of being neither confirmed or deconfirmed. But the moment we know who the last character is, there will be an avalanche of Crushed Dreams and mostly everyone is going to see their score plummet! And then we'll finally have our winner!

I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It seems weird that we're being judged on predictions made more than 3 years ago. I feel like the gaming landscape has changed somewhat since then, and this affects who the final fighter will be.

Should we all be allowed to make one final prediction for the final fighter?

1 hour ago, bob said:

It seems weird that we're being judged on predictions made more than 3 years ago.

Someone's fretting they're going to be cancelled for past scandalous predictions.

• Haha 3

The Shantae series got better treatment in SSBU than almost every non-playable 3rd party series in Smash (outside of just Shovel Knight, Fatal Frame/Project Zero, Monster Hunter & Bomberman), so I really can’t complain :) 

4 hours ago, bob said:

It seems weird that we're being judged on predictions made more than 3 years ago. I feel like the gaming landscape has changed somewhat since then, and this affects who the final fighter will be.

Embrace the failure.  It’s more fun that way.

Edited by Dcubed

6 hours ago, bob said:

Nope, welcome to the internet!

But what if the final fighter is from a game that didn't even exist 3 years ago?

I think that we should all get one final guess, and if we get it right, we get 30 points.

• Haha 1

What if we didn’t make a guess three years go? Can someone (me) make a guess for this final reveal and steal the victory?

29 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

What if we didn’t make a guess three years go? Can someone (me) make a guess for this final reveal and steal the victory?

Nope. Entries closed ages ago!

But but.. what if I had a time machine? Can I go back in time and "guess" the new characters 3 years ago?

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

But but.. what if I had a time machine? Can I go back in time and "guess" the new characters 3 years ago?

If you did have one, you would've already done it.

I have one, but it's missing a flux capacitor. I can't find one on Aliexpress!

17 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have one, but it's missing a flux capacitor. I can't find one on Aliexpress!

Well, we still haven't gotten a post from you three years ago, so I guess you're never getting one before you die, then.

Might as well give up on that.

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this