NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

One of the best games I played last year and one of the funniest games I have ever played. It the port is good I may have to double dip on this one.

Turn-based isn’t it? That’s the thing that makes it a no-no for me.

Just now, Kav said:

Turn-based isn’t it? That’s the thing that makes it a no-no for me.

Seriously? 

1 minute ago, Nolan said:

Seriously? 

Yeah, really can’t stand turn-based games... I’ve tried different ones many times but just can’t bring myself to play them. I detest turn-based!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kav said:

Yeah, really can’t stand turn-based games... I’ve tried different ones many times but just can’t bring myself to play them. I detest turn-based!

go-away.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Weird 1

4 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Day one! :D This was a great surprise on yesterday's direct :D

Surprise? The thing has been rumoured for months. It was even listed on a few retailer databases well before the Direct even got announced. :D 

It was rumoured back in March last year but the fact that it's been rumoured for so long without being announced has made people immune to the rumours and thus, it was a surprise. And it was a pleasant reveal. Will look into it!

Also, and this bothers me. This is the first time I understand the title... and it's so funny! Couldn't stop laughing when it occured to me late last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I held off on buying this because I never finished the first one on PC (other games took over), so now I can get this on a semi handheld console where it deserves to be

It's good for Nintendo image getting this but would have been nice to get The Stick of Truth as well. Think I'm one of a only a few who preferred the first game and would easily have dropped cash to play the original on the go with the Switch (I thought The Fractured But Whole dragged a lot towards the end).

Still, nice to see it finally announced officially and not that far away either. Perhaps Ubisoft are hoping to tap into the market they hit with Mario and Rabbids.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Surprise? The thing has been rumoured for months. It was even listed on a few retailer databases well before the Direct even got announced. :D 

Really? I must've missed that info. Glad that it's coming though, gonna be great to play on the bus :)

Will be getting this. I really thought a double pack would have been ideal with the first game too though. 

It was rumoured back in March last year but the fact that it's been rumoured for so long without being announced has made people immune to the rumours and thus, it was a surprise. And it was a pleasant reveal. Will look into it!
Also, and this bothers me. This is the first time I understand the title... and it's so funny! Couldn't stop laughing when it occured to me late last night.
Did you hear it first and just assume it was called Fractured Butthole? Or read it and never say it out loud?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bob said:
7 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Did you hear it first and just assume it was called Fractured Butthole? Or read it and never say it out loud?

The last, I think. And then I thought the title was a reference to something somewhere that I didn't know of and that was why people found it funny.

It's honestly a bit embarrassing. XD 

• Haha 2

Pretty lame that it doesn't come with the DLC, considering how late the port is coming...

It's still a great game mind you! Even if you're not a fan of the show, the gameplay is actually still well worth your time.  Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole are surprisingly good RPGs with some pretty great battle systems (ripped off from Paper Mario and Radiant Historia respectively).  Easily some of the best licensed games ever made; and for fans of the show? They're pretty much the best thing you could ever hope for! They capture the look, feel and spirit of the show perfectly and are riotously funny!

Will be getting this. I really thought a double pack would have been ideal with the first game too though

@BowserBasher  Considering that they did include Stick of Truth for free with pre-orders for FBW on all other platforms, I'd be shocked if they don't do the same thing here...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

I'm really pleased with this.

Enjoyed Stick of Truth a whole lot, I believe I was like 1 item short of 100%'ing it.

Just a heads up for those who have bought the game. There is a game breaking bug that will corrupt your save data and end all of your progress.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/south_park_the_fractured_but_whole_save_file_corrupting_bug_will_be_fixed_in_next_update

Over on Era someone else posted about another bug and how the port is a bit of a mess.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-switch-version-of-fractured-but-whole-is-a-mess.39586/

If you have bought it then it's probably best to hang fire until Ubisoft get that patch out.

• Thanks 1

I bought and completed the game on PS4 release day, only issue I got was the infinite save glitch. To be honest I would have bought it this month on Switch if not for a number of pre-orders I had getting squashed into the same month. Sounds like a blessing in disguise now. Will probably buy it in a few months time as a game for the holiday with the family in which hopefully it gets that patch.

I hit that bug but it didn't break the game, just quit the game and reloaded my save. Did have a weird glitch which changed my character and sent me back to the start of the game lol. Again just reloaded save file.

• Like 1

Apparently Stick of Truth is heading to Switch sometime this quarter (looks to be digital only). While its great that another game is heading for the platform I do think Switch owners are getting really screwed over here. For a long period of time the other platforms got SoT for free when buying TFBW. It would be nice if Ubisoft reward those who bought the Switch version by giving it away for free, even if it is for only a limited time.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently Stick of Truth is heading to Switch sometime this quarter (looks to be digital only). While its great that another game is heading for the platform I do think Switch owners are getting really screwed over here. For a long period of time the other platforms got SoT for free when buying TFBW. It would be nice if Ubisoft reward those who bought the Switch version by giving it away for free, even if it is for only a limited time.

We also got TFBW late and at full price, with no DLC included either.

As much as I would like to play it and SOT on Switch, no way am I buying them both again at full price (especially if they don't come with DLC).

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this