NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker ( Switch + 3DS 13th July 2018 )

Very nice! loved the first one and the two player element my Girlfriend will love

I'm so hyped to play this again even if the thought of trying to conquer Mummy Me Maze Forever again terrifies my very soul :grin:

• Haha 1

I have to say, I love the response this is getting from various outlets. I've watched Easy Allies, NVC, Giant Bomb and Kinda Funny and all of them seem excited for the return of the Captain. Well, Giant Bomb didn't really react ( do they ever? :p ) but the office across from them did. :D 

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I have to say, I love the response this is getting from various outlets. I've watched Easy Allies, NVC, Giant Bomb and Kinda Funny and all of them seem excited for the return of the Captain. Well, Giant Bomb didn't really react ( do they ever? :p ) but the office across from them did. :D 

Kinda Funny's live reaction was great.

(Apart from Jared annoyingly jumping on the bandwagon)

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Kinda Funny's live reaction was great.

(Apart from Jared annoyingly jumping on the bandwagon)

He seemed to be the only one who knew anything about most of the games that were shown. The guy next to Tim didn't have a clue about a lot of the stuff and looked bored stiff. Same for Greg. Although, his bread and butter has been PlayStation for years and, outside of Mario Kart, he doesn't really have much of a history with Nintendo stuff.

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

He seemed to be the only one who knew anything about most of the games that were shown. The guy next to Tim didn't have a clue about a lot of the stuff and looked bored stiff. Same for Greg. Although, his bread and butter has been PlayStation for years and, outside of Mario Kart, he doesn't really have much of a history with Nintendo stuff.

And didn't he let us know about said wisdom. Couldn't go two seconds without piping up. I don't watch anything he's on anymore, with a couple of exceptions like Kinda Funny's reacts vid.

Andy isn't realy hardcore enough and to be fair is only on their games shows very rarely. Greg seems to spend half of his time head down in his laptop making notes, he misses so much, really strange. He may not have the history with Nintendo (apart from Mario Golf lol) but he's all in on the Switch which is nice to see as a hardcore Playstation guy.

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

He may not have the history with Nintendo (apart from Mario Golf lol) but he's all in on the Switch which is nice to see as a hardcore Playstation guy.

Probably because his Vita is no longer serving his handheld needs. Sure, it still gets indie games but if the Switch is also getting those games then I imagine he would rather have them on a bigger and better screen.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably because his Vita is no longer serving his handheld needs. Sure, it still gets indie games but if the Switch is also getting those games then I imagine he would rather have them on a bigger and better screen.

He's big on Kart, Captain Toad, Smash etc Mario was his GOTY over Horizon, he loved Zelda and yeah as an indie machine there's no comparison really.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

He's big on Kart, Captain Toad, Smash etc Mario was his GOTY over Horizon, he loved Zelda and yeah as an indie machine there's no comparison really.

Yeah, he's always been big on Kart and Smash...basically anything with Mario in it.

Huh, Podcast talk started earlier than usual...

Anyway, I'm probably going to be checking this out for 3DS. This always looked like a very enjoyable type of game, reminds me of a 3D version of Donkey Kong '94.

The 3DS version does look enormously impressive! I can hardly believe that it looks that good on the little thing! :o 

3DS_CaptainToadTreasureTracker_ND0308_SC

Just like Poochy & Yoshi’s Wooly World, it looks like total witchcraft!

Edited by Dcubed

I've never played Captain Toad so I have a feeling I'm in for a bit of a treat. 

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I was never that fond of the Captain Toad stages in Super Mario 3D World but Treasure Tracker is amazing and I'm so glad it is getting another chance on Switch. I wouldn't mind some DLC at some point too in addition to the extra stages we're already getting :hehe:

30 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hopefully this sells well so they make a sequel

Didn't pick this up for Wii U, so this'll be day one for me (Switch).

• Like 1

Think I’ll be picking this up. Never played the WiiU one but I always wanted to. Looks like a great little puzzle game. 

21 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

18 hours ago, londragon said:

Didn't pick this up for Wii U, so this'll be day one for me (Switch).

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Think I’ll be picking this up. Never played the WiiU one but I always wanted to. Looks like a great little puzzle game. 

You people sicken me. No wonder the Wii U was a flop when people weren't even buying the best games on the system! :nono:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You people sicken me. No wonder the Wii U was a flop when people weren't even buying the best games on the system! :nono:

Come on now. Us not buying Captain Toad was hardly the reason the Wii U flopped :D

Buuuttt I take your point. :cool:

Captain Toad is very symbolical for Nintendo; often dismissed because of how childish and easy it looks but actually a gem when you can see through its appearance.

But also: not for everyone ;)

Great game. Just hope they include an option to turn off that god awful gyroscope controlled camera :hmm:

Looks like the game uses the Joy-con gyro as a pointer to replace the touchscreen when playing on the TV.  Exactly as I was hoping and expecting :) 

Such a fantastic game! Really looking forward to diving into it again! :D (Also hope we get SM3DW on Switch at some point!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this