NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers ( 3DS 25th May 2018 )

Cool! Do I own this thread now?

I look forward to many meaningful discussions with myself on how underappreciated this series is.

The Mii animals look strange but being able to use multiple Miis to help Dillon out gives off a hint of Miitopia, and I'm fine with that.

• Haha 2

Wow what an awful looking game. What is that, some sort of mongoose Crash Bandicoot rip-off? Absolutely terrible.

Crash wishes he had the sheer cool factor Dillon has.

Then again, you are the evil version of me. And that only proves it further. You doo doo head!

This trailer for this was genuinely hilarious - like, possibly the worst looking console game released in modern times?

Edited by Sheikah

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

This trailer for this was genuinely hilarious - like, possibly the worst looking console game released in modern times?

I think this still takes some beating. :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think this still takes some beating. :D 

Haha, that’s absolutely terrible!

even the 3rd person mode in Zoo Tycoon 2 looked better and that game’s from 2004! :’)

Interesting to hear the bashing of the trailer as I haven't played a Dillon game thus far but actually thought this looked kinda fun when I saw it last night :grin:

Interesting to hear the bashing of the trailer as I haven't played a Dillon game thus far but actually thought this looked kinda fun when I saw it last night :grin:

Oh I haven't watched the trailer. I know literally nothing about the game other than [mention=16048]Glen-i[/mention] likes it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bob said:

Oh I haven't watched the trailer. I know literally nothing about the game other than @Glen-i likes it.

That's enough to know it's bad :p

• Haha 2

Anyway, uncultured twods aside. I wonder what made them decide to change this from an eShop exclusive to a full retail game? It's bizarre, has that happened with a 3DS game before?

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, uncultured twods aside. I wonder what made them decide to change this from an eShop exclusive to a full retail game? It's bizarre, has that happened with a 3DS game before?

Probably to give him more exposure before he shows up in both Smash Bros. and Diddy Kong Racing 2 as a playable character.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably to give him more exposure before he shows up in both Smash Bros. and Diddy Kong Racing 2 as a playable character.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

This will never happen...why are you doing this to me?

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow, that's a random as hell suggestion and now I really want it because it's inspired!

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, that's a random as hell suggestion and now I really want it because it's inspired!

I suggested that AGES ago. You responded pretty much in the same way. :D I think it was in an E3 thread at some point. We discussed how the roster would be made up of forgotten Nintendo characters.

Found it, @Glen-i. I didn't suggest Dillon but I mentioned rumours of Diddy Kong Racing 2 featuring eShop/lesser known characters.

On January 12, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Glen-i said:

Whether this rumour turns out to be legit or not, this is honestly one of the best ideas I've ever heard with regards to Diddy Kong Racing.

Nintendo have got a smorgasbord of characters that only feature in eShop games, it'd be a great way to advertise their existence. You know, outside of Smash assist trophies/trophies.

It'd get me super intrigued that's for sure.

Crazy. That was 2 years ago.

• Like 1

I think this still takes some beating.    

Yeah but man...that pile of shite is still in HD.  

I actually think this detracted from the Direct, as in they'd have better off not shown it.

23 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I actually think this detracted from the Direct, as in they'd have better off not shown it. emoji38.png

I think you detracted from the Direct. It was my highlight of the whole thing after Smash.

I think you detracted from the Direct. It was my highlight of the whole thing after Smash.

You're totally cray :p. This thing looks like some 90s-era discharge, it'll be sent out to die.

I totally understand how shallow it sounds, but there's something about N64-era style 3D that realy hits the eyes in all the wrong ways in this day and age.

7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You're totally cray :p. This thing looks like some 90s-era discharge, it'll be sent out to die.  

You mean, like the last two entries? There's clearly some kind of fanbase for this game, a small one, but one.

Also, this series has some of the best character designs I've seen from Nintendo in a long time. You do it a disservice with insults like that. I mean, it had the original Squid Sniper.

640?cb=20130402013006

Splatoon came out 2 years after this, the blatant thieves.

• Like 1

You mean, like the last two entries? There's clearly some kind of fanbase for this game, a small one, but one.

Also, this series has some of the best character designs I've seen from Nintendo in a long time. You do it a disservice with insults like that. I mean, it had the original Squid Sniper.

640?cb=20130402013006

Splatoon came out 2 years after this, the blatant thieves.

Man, you should just stop. That looks just terrible.

Mind you, I think the original Pokémon designs look far better than what has come since, so I feel like we're coming from totally different angles.

Only played the first one, and it was a great balance between tower defence and action.  Take into consideration that it looks much better on the 3DS screen than blown up to fit your TV.

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Man, you should just stop. That looks just terrible.

pZ5gK_s-200x150.gif

• Haha 1

@Glen-i I get the distinct impression that you're a fan of the series. Probably because you recommend it all the time.

Since I have a soft spot for anthropomorphic animals, I have to ask: are the rest of Dillon's games in the same genre as this trailer? I was under the impression they were action games, but this looked more like a racing game. Is it both?

8 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Yeah but man...that pile of shite is still in HD

...You know that a mess of embarrassing polygons looks worse in HD than in low resolution, right? Being HD is not a saving grace for that tiger.

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:

@Glen-i I get the distinct impression that you're a fan of the series. Probably because you recommend it all the time.

Since I have a soft spot for anthropomorphic animals, I have to ask: are the rest of Dillon's games in the same genre as this trailer? I was under the impression they were action games, but this looked more like a racing game. Is it both?

What!? I dunno how I gave that impression! I just found a more in-depth (Japanese) trailer that got uploaded yesterday. Which might give a better impression on what's in this game.

The first two games are action games with a heavy emphasis on Tower Defense. And that seems to be the main focus in this game as well. At least, when you play as Dillon himself. I had the same impression that it looked like a racing game at times, but it seems that's a minigame that helps you practice the new mechanic which looks to be about fighting at high speeds. (Which looks hella fun, by the way)

It seems the other main section of the game focuses on your Mii and involves a lot of other smaller games, Poker, running a shop, stuff like that. I imagine this would help you raise cash and make preparations to make Dillon's life easier. Other Mii's can be recruited to man Gun Towers and protect certain parts of a stage. (That's the Tower Defense element)

The two eShop games are fun (but difficult) games if you're interested. I'm not gonna claim they're for everyone, due to their difficulty, but this retail game seems to be a lot more feature rich and varied, which is great. The above gameplay trailer makes me want it even more.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this