NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

WarioWare Gold ( 3DS 27th July 2018)

Oh my word, the demo has got me so hyped for this!! :bouncy:

Lol at there being a microgame where you have to attach Joy-Con to a Switch. :grin: I’m still a little annoyed this is exclusive to 3DS (especially with Sushi Striker and Captain Toad being on both) but I now know that once I start playing the full game I’ll have forgotten about that pretty quickly.

And it looks like there’s going to be substantial use of the mic in this game too, so that no doubt influenced the decision to keep it 3DS only. 

Yeah, the game features full voice acting (which is awesome BTW :cool:) and according to the manual there’s even an option to re-dub Wario’s dialogue! :laughing: 

The amiibo art thing sounds entertaining as well. :heh: 

This game really is going to be GOLD. :yay:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RedShell said:

Oh my word, the demo has got me so hyped for this!! :bouncy:

Lol at there being a microgame where you have to attach Joy-Con to a Switch. :grin: I’m still a little annoyed this is exclusive to 3DS (especially with Sushi Striker and Captain Toad being on both) but I now know that once I start playing the full game I’ll have forgotten about that pretty quickly.

And it looks like there’s going to be substantial use of the mic in this game too, so that no doubt influenced the decision to keep it 3DS only. 

Yeah, the game features full voice acting (which is awesome BTW :cool:) and according to the manual there’s even an option to re-dub Wario’s dialogue! :laughing: 

The amiibo art thing sounds entertaining as well. :heh: 

This game really is going to be GOLD. :yay:

I just tried the demo myself.

Fully voiced Wario is something I never knew I needed. I particularly like the tutorials where he explains stuff to you like you're a dope.

The re-dubbing feature sounds like something from Star Fox Command. Sounds great for a laugh. I hope you can sub over the voice clips that play when you pass/fail a microgame. I need to tell people how much they suck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/07/2018 at 12:30 AM, Glen-i said:

The re-dubbing feature sounds like something from Star Fox Command. Sounds great for a laugh. I hope you can sub over the voice clips that play when you pass/fail a microgame. I need to tell people how much they suck.

Yeah, I loved messing around with that on Star Fox Command, and Diddy Kong Racing DS too. :D

Yeah, this demo is gold.  The full game is gonna be awesome! 

I wasn't expecting them to make new touch and twist games too! I thought that the new ones would be buttons only, glad to see that's not the case!

I also noticed (in the demo outro) that it also includes microgames from Smooth Moves and the Gamer mode from Game & Wario! Nice!

• Like 2

I also played the demo yesterday, and man I forgot how much I enjoyed WarioWare! I think I have only played Mega Microgame$ and Touched!, but the GOLD demo immediately got me into that same vibe. Voiced Wario is awesome, and the weirdness of the minigames is still there.

I wonder if I'll get it (depends a bit on the price and I still have a bit of a backlog), but it's good this series is getting some love still. If I get it I think I need to get a screen protector on my 3DS, as Touched! really did a part on my DS screen (luckily that also had a screenprotector!).

• Like 1

Finally Europe gets at least some of the games from the best WarioWare game that never made it here with the Twisted! games. Although it's missing the feedback from the rumble. And of course looking forward to the new Pyoro game.

It's nice to finally get a new(-ish) WarioWare, really missed it (Game & Wario doesn't count).

As a sidenote, the Japanese title is Made in Wario Gorgeous.

Been getting my 3DS XL sorted out in anticipation for this game. :hehe: 

Thought I was going to have to get a new battery (as it was no longer holding a charge) but before doing that I decided to open it up and remove/reinstall the existing one, and to my utter amazement that seems to have completely solved the problem! :o It’s so nice when “have you tried turning it off and on again” style d.i.y repairs actually work. :laughing: 

Then I replaced the severely scratched screen protector that I had on the touch screen. This was a bit of a botch job as I didn’t have another one, so instead just cut the protector designed for the top screen (from the same Hori set, but which I had never previously installed) to the correct size to fit the touch screen. Bam! 2 for the price of 1! :D Wario would be proud. :heh: 

My trusty old 3DS XL is now good as new and ready for WarioWare Gold action! :bouncy:

• Like 2

Totally unrelated, but you should probably check out the 3DS eShop.

Just saying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Totally unrelated, but you should probably check out the 3DS eShop.

Just saying.

*checks 3DS eShop...*

Oh wow. :laughing: Nice! :grin:

That eShop take-over is great! Never seen them do that before. Makes it all the more obvious how dull the Switch eShop is.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

5-Volt has a Pushmo and Fire Emblem micro game! :laughing:

• Like 1

I can't stop smiling! :grin: This game is indeed pure gold. Sure I've seen a lot of it before, but there are also many surprises, even for a WarioWare nut like me. In fact it's really fun just seeing how the old microgames have been spruced up or altered for this version. :hehe: And the presentation is just so good. Loving the new style of cutscenes with voice acting, lots of laugh out loud moments from those already. And they even snuck baby face MPface.gif SFX into the menu music. :laughing:

• Weird 1

I really need to get my sealed copy of Ever Oasis on eBay and pick this up instead..

53 minutes ago, martinist said:

6uk721O.jpg

I think I need to stop playing this...

That happened to my old XL as well. Congratulations on joining the "plays too much 3DS" group.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Mike is my new favourite character.

Was worried the other voiced characters wouldn't be as good as Wario, but they are.

I want this game so bad...But with octopath, monster hunter ultimate later this month, My recent obsession in Binding of Issac and more...I don't know if i'll get a chance just yet. ; ^ ;

Unlocked all the microgames. Wow, what a collection! :cool: Anyone that's completely new to the series is in for a right treat with Gold. So cool how there's stuff in there from pretty much every other WarioWare game, even D.I.Y. Showcase and Game & Wario get a look in! :D

Also...

Spoiler

In my mind I'm totally taking responsibility for the inclusion of Baby Face in Tiptoe Titan. :laughing: Seriously, someone that worked on this game must visit N-E, have played my WarioWare D.I.Y. stuff/Super Mario Maker levels or seen that custom stage I made for Smash Bros. There can be no other explanation. :heh:

The original Tiptoe Titan microgame from WarioWare Twisted:

ayO9CQ9.png
No Baby Face anywhere to be seen. :hehe:

The new version of Tiptoe Titan in WarioWare Gold:

5Yb8CQl.gif
There he is! MPface.gif ...was. :grin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, nekunando said:

I really need to get it too..

Anyone who enjoys Nintendo and owns a 3DS needs to get it I reckon, it's absolutely filled to the brim with varied and fun content! :bouncy:
Speaking of which, last night I unlocked everything in the Toy Room and...

OH MY GOD!! :o

Spoiler

First there's the minigames. A whole bunch of them, but most importantly Pyoro from the original WarioWare is in there, plus a new version, Super Pyoro! And not only is the legendary Mewtroid from WarioWare Twisted in there too, but a sequel, Mewtroid 2: Return of Sameow!! :laughing: They both add dual screen gameplay to the proceedings and are a right laugh.

You also end up with a wonderful Nintendo collection, showcasing everything from the Hanafuda cards from 1889, right through to Nintendo Switch! Complete with photos and little descriptions. :)

There's also a records section featuring lots of great music from the WarioWare series. This is particularly awesome for long-time fans, as we finally get to hear high quality versions of songs from earlier titles! Including Wario de Mambo (from Twisted) and Body Rock (from D.I.Y)! And all of them are available in both English and Japanese! :love:

Loads of other cool stuff to unlock/collect as well, including cards that feature the cast of WarioWare Gold. I was wondering what these were going to be for, as they all start out at Lv. 1, giving the impression you could level them up. Well, I just discovered that too...

Spoiler

Once you collect everything in the toy room a new game appears, WARIO KARD! (The logo even mimics that of Super Mario Kart :heart:) I swear the developers of this game are trying to give me a heart attack! :heh: Anyway, sure enough it uses those character cards, and is a Rock-Paper-Scissors style card game where you have to strategically build a deck of cards in order to battle enemies from the microgames! :D
Actually seems pretty deep, and it's just tucked away behind all that other stuff. Amazing. :cool:

I've clocked 15 hours playtime so far, but think I'm going to be playing this for a looooooong time yet! ;)

Still got loads of the missions (in-game achievements) to do as well. Seriously, there are hundreds of them! :eek:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyone who enjoys Nintendo and owns a 3DS needs to get it I reckon, it's absolutely filled to the brim with varied and fun content! :bouncy:

I'll be buying it at some point. There's simply too many games to be played at the moment. Remember when Summer used to be good for catching up on the old backlog? Good times.

• Like 1

Unlocked everything in the capsule machine last night. Now it wants me to collect cards and play this wierd card game...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this