NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Luigi's Mansion ( 3DS 2018 )

The GameCube classic is heading to 3DS sometime this year. It's great to see the 3DS still getting this kind of support so late on in it's life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's great to see the 3DS still getting this kind of support so late on in it's life.

Not really. I would have liked to play this if it was coming out on the Switch but I’m not dragging out my 3DS for it.

39 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Not really. I would have liked to play this if it was coming out on the Switch but I’m not dragging out my 3DS for it.

I still find this kind of thing baffling. It's not as if it's some kind of heavy object that needs lifting out, dusting off and plugged in to your TV. If you have one then why not use it? Given you like retro gaming, I don't see the issue with using your 3DS. ::shrug:

I'm loving that the 3DS is still getting supported. The salt from people is very real. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I still find this kind of thing baffling. It's not as if it's some kind of heavy object that needs lifting out, dusting off and plugged in to your TV. If you have one then why not use it? Given you like retro gaming, I don't see the issue with using your 3DS. ::shrug:

I'm loving that the 3DS is still getting supported. The salt from people is very real. :D 

The 3DS is getting a game in 2019. Crazy.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it was an HD version on Switch I would have been way more excited but it's still cool to see the superior game in the series return in preparation for the third installment on Switch next Autumn :grin:

I reckon this version will lose something by not having the analogue triggers or the rumble of the Poltergust 3000. I've been wanting to play it again but I've been waiting for a remaster or Gamecube VC to come along..

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

I reckon this version will lose something by not having the analogue triggers or the rumble of the Poltergust 3000. I've been wanting to play it again but I've been waiting for a remaster or Gamecube VC to come along..

I wonder if with this version being a thing that means that the GC VC isn't on its way.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder if with this version being a thing that means that the GC VC isn't on its way.

@Kaepora_Gaebora tweeted similar sentiments last night and that could unfortunately be the case, though the longer the wait for VC news the more I fear for it in its entirety! Online enabled Balloon Fight isn't going to cut it!

As it is, the only advantage of me getting the 3DS version of this game is that the portability improves accessibility! I haven't really got near my older consoles since I moved house in August :hmm:

I wonder if is the version that was being rumoured before the Switch was released as there was definitely talk about a Luigi Mansion game being worked omn.

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Amen to this. 

I recently bought a 2DS XL so I'm made up it looks like it's going to get a whole load of support for a while! 

And the OCD in me is happy that both Luigi's Mansion games will be on the same system. Dat double homecreen icon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Switch doesn't have anolgue shoulder buttons so not sure how most games will work without either requiring the Gamecube adapater, a new wireless Gamecube controller (Wavebird 2.0) or a new Joycon set.

As far as I know Nintendo have never said anything about a GC VC, it was just a rumour/"leak".

I'm wondering if the 3DS version is going to be New 3DS only so they can use the ZL/RZ to mimic the anologue functions or something to get around it.

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Agreed. I still use my 3DS everyday. I use my Super Famicom often. It's such a weird concept to me that the 3DS is now unplayable somehow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

Agreed. I still use my 3DS everyday. I use my Super Famicom often. It's such a weird concept to me that the 3DS is now unplayable somehow.

To be honest its just an old console that I never found all that comfortable and the right stick nub on my new 3DS is just so stupid that it offends me to look at it for too long :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I use my 3DS regularly. Funnily enough I neglected it throughout its life and only played it a lot more recently.

According to this Australian classification, the game is being worked on by Grezzo (Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D, Ever Oasis, Tri Force Heroes).

Makes one wonder what Next Level have been working on since Metroid Prime: Federation Force...

30 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

According to this Australian classification, the game is being worked on by Grezzo (Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D, Ever Oasis, Tri Force Heroes).

Makes one wonder what Next Level have been working on since Metroid Prime: Federation Force...

The game is in good hands with Grezzo. Their work on the 3DS has been outstanding.

Next level Games clearly are working Mario Strikers for the Switch. Surprise release at E3 just in time for the World Cup. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The game is in good hands with Grezzo. Their work on the 3DS has been outstanding.

Next level Games clearly are working Mario Strikers for the Switch. Surprise release at E3 just in time for the World Cup. :D 

Haha.. that's exactly what I want, therefore it probably won't happen. I suspect they may be working on Punch-Out!!, which would also be great, but at this moment I think the Switch would benefit more from Mario Strikers :grin:

As much as I'd love Luigi's Mansion 3 on Switch, I kinda hope Next Level aren't on that one as I always found the original game to be far superior to the sequel so I'm not sure they're quite the right fit there..

Doubt they'd be working on a new Punch-Out given ARMS is a thing, can't see Nintendo wanting two games so similar.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Doubt they'd be working on a new Punch-Out given ARMS is a thing, can't see Nintendo wanting two games so similar.

Have you ever played Punch-Out? That game is nothing like ARMS.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Have you ever played Punch-Out? That game is nothing like ARMS.

Yes I have played Punch-Out and I'm aware they play completely differently. I still don't think they'll want to release another punching game  whilst they're still trying to make ARMS a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yes I have played Punch-Out and I'm aware they play completely differently. I still don't think they'll want to release another punching game  whilst they're still trying to make ARMS a big deal.

I dunno, with Ninty releasing Punch-Out Arcade recently, I don't see why they couldn't bring out another to piggyback off of.

Also, ARMS has been out for almost a year now, I think the time for being a big deal is done. Nothing short of Smash Bros representation is gonna help it at this point.

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I dunno, with Ninty releasing Punch-Out Arcade recently, I don't see why they couldn't bring out another to piggyback off of.

Also, ARMS has been out for almost a year now, I think the time for being a big deal is done. Nothing short of Smash Bros representation is gonna help it at this point.

If Next Level are doing it Nintendo will have had to sign off on a new Punch Out game a couple of years ago, around the same time as they were making ARMS. We'll see. Personally I'd rather they did another Luigi's Mansion

Next Level are obviously working on Wario Woddysey. A game where Wario and Waluigi are traveling around the Galaxy in a souped up garbage truck in search of treasure.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Next Level are obviously working on Wario Woddysey. A game where Wario and Waluigi are traveling around the Galaxy in a souped up garbage truck in search of treasure.

I assume Wart is the ultimate villain too? Would love a new Wario game and especially one that legitimises Waluigi. 

I think it's quite likely that Grezzo are treating this as a test to get used to Switch hardware too, it'll undoubtedly come to Switch at some point so as well as scaling down the assets to work on the 3DS they have probably been scaling them up for use on Switch, then when it comes to porting it to the newer console they will be so familiar with Luigi's Mansion that it will make the process of learning the new hardware that much simpler. 

• Thanks 1

But Luigi was killed... Is there new content where he has to get back to his body?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ike said:

But Luigi was killed... Is there new content where he has to get back to his body?

What if Luigi's Mansion was Luigi's journey to the afterlife all along? It's all symbolic and the better the mansion you get at the end. The better the place he winds up in.

Of course, dying in the game sends him to the Underwhere.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this