NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

19 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bugger, it's once a day? I might not be able to get the ones on Monday then...

Are there 4 new ones every day? If not, then you can earn them all in one day. I've just unlocked 3 of them on the way to work. It was my mates turn to drive and so I sat next to him playing Smash. :D

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Are there 4 new ones every day? If not, then you can earn them all in one day. I've just unlocked 3 of them on the way to work. It was my mates turn to drive and so I sat next to him playing Smash. :D

Nope, I misunderstood. There's only 4 spirits for these 5 days.

EDIT: Had a chuckle with how they did Xenoblade 3's Ouroboros. Clever.

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Glen-i said:

Nope, I misunderstood. There's only 4 spirits for these 5 days.

Cool.

I still need to the Splatoon one to show up. Hopefully it will pop up during my ride home.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Cool.

I still need to the Splatoon one to show up. Hopefully it will pop up during my ride home.

Failing that, you can just use refill when the bottom right slot is empty, and you're guaranteed an event one.

On a semi-related note, Sakurai says he'll be wrapping up his YouTube channel sometime this year.

From YouTube:

It's a bit late to be saying this, but... Happy New Year!

I'm planning to wrap up Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games sometime this year. Until then, I hope you'll stay tuned!

It's very likely because he hasn't got time to do these videos now.

And that's very likely to be because he's working on a new project. (Be amazed if it isn't a Smash for the next Ninty console)

He has hinted he is, or will be, working on something. Plus I think there's only a finite amount of topic he can cover.

Would like to see some more collabs like the GCCX one. Sad they didn't sub the GCCX side of that though.

Since that new set of stickers hit I've still been playing the game here and there to grab other stickers that I'm still missing. I think I'm still needing 200+ more so it's gonna take a while. It's a bit weird that there's no message that pops up if you've obtained them all on the Spirit Board. I could potentially be sat there waiting for a sticker to spawn only for me to have gotten them all from that mode. 

I've been grinding gold coins in order to afford the ones in the shop. Some of the high end ones are costing me 15,000 a piece. The ducking gold method is easy enough and it's something I can do whilst watching stuff on TV.

I will say that I love how creative the fights and characters are when it comes to representing a sticker. There's some real thinking outside the box going on with some of these battles. :D

I'm still not sure if I will get all of the stickers but I'm really enjoying playing the game again.

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's a bit weird that there's no message that pops up if you've obtained them all on the Spirit Board. I could potentially be sat there waiting for a sticker to spawn only for me to have gotten them all from that mode. 

Well, if I remember right, the only Spirits that don't show on the Spirit Board are the bosses from World of Light (Rathalos, etc.), and the actual fighters themselves, which you get from completing Classic Mode with each one. I assume you've already completed those. But don't forget about alternate characters like Alph, or the Koopalings. You can get those from the shop, or from completing Classic again with that specific costume.

Oh right, yeah. Don't forget about the ones you can only get by fusing other spirits together. And obviously, evolve every spirit you can.

If you're like @markderoos and I, and you want an actual "living Dex" of all the spirits, this means you'll have to play World of Light again to get the unevolved versions of Dracula and Marx.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I've been evolving the spirits but I don't like how I lose them and so I go and fight them again in order to have the unevolved version. Same goes for the fusing side of things. I don't think I've done many as I don't like losing the sticker in the process. 

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I've been evolving the spirits but I don't like how I lose them and so I go and fight them again in order to have the unevolved version. Same goes for the fusing side of things. I don't think I've done many as I don't like losing the sticker in the process. 

One word of warning though.

The Rex Spirit (Xenoblade 2) got a post-launch evolution via the Pyra/Mythra update, so double check you have that. It's easy to overlook if you already had the spirit beforehand.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

One word of warning though.

The Rex Spirit (Xenoblade 2) got a post-launch evolution via the Pyra/Mythra update, so double check you have that. It's easy to overlook if you already had the spirit beforehand.

Yeah, I actually just evolved that one last night. I tend to order the spirits so that whatever needs evolving goes to the top.

Looks like there's still a few surprise Spirits yet to come!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9AIdwh5YqwUF6uvIgJ.webp

Power Pros, 13 Sentinels, and Hades, are the games featuring, and will be available from 26th of January, in case you can't tell from the image

And here I was expecting something like FE Engage or Mario Wonder! This is a pleasant surprise! Nice to see Hades get a much deserved nod.

Zagreus would make an excellent Assist Trophy for next Smash.

If yakisoba pan isn't part of the 13 Sentinels collection then Sakurai has failed.

I'm still plugging away at collecting Spirits. Think I'm down to needing 130 or so now. It occurred to me yesterday that I won't be able to get them all. I don't own any of the DLC and so I'll miss out on being able to get some of the Fighters Spirits.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm still plugging away at collecting Spirits. Think I'm down to needing 130 or so now. It occurred to me yesterday that I won't be able to get them all. I don't own any of the DLC and so I'll miss out on being able to get some of the Fighters Spirits.

Or the spirits tied to the games said DLC comes from.

That said, I don't think the game actually has them on the checklist if you haven't got the DLC, mind.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Or the spirits tied to the games said DLC comes from.

That said, I don't think the game actually has them on the checklist if you haven't got the DLC, mind.

You still get Spirits from characters from the DLC. I have a bunch of Persona ones already, it's only the Fighter Spirits that don't show up. They are on the checklist (bunch of empty blocks at the end) even though I don't have the DLC. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You still get Spirits from characters from the DLC. I have a bunch of Persona ones already, it's only the Fighter Spirits that don't show up. They are on the checklist (bunch of empty blocks at the end) even though I don't have the DLC. 

Oh, well that sucks.

I never realised you could actually get the other DLC spirits without owning the DLC though. That's kinda strange.

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, well that sucks.

I never realised you could actually get the other DLC spirits without owning the DLC though. That's kinda strange.

Yep, I have some Minecraft spirits tarnishing my collection*, despite not owning FP2. :heh:

*I'm missing 15 in total, but like @Hero-of-Time, won't be able to complete because of the unavailable fighter spirits. :blank:

• Sad 1

I finally managed to nab all of the Fighter Sprits the other evening. This is what it looks like @Glen-i  when you don't have the DLC.

I've now got around 80 odd Spirits left to unlock. The grind is gonna be pretty rough though. A lot of the ones I have left to unlock are the DLC ones which cost either 6000 coins or 15,000 coins. I sat and watched a movie last night while hitting down on 2 joy-cons throughout the whole thing and got 26,000. I'll be doing this every time I watch a movie or TV show to help get the amount of coins I need.

I've also been playing through World of Light again to grab more Spirits that I need for the summon/fusion section. It's crazy how fast you can get through it on new game+.

• Thanks 1

I'm now down to my 2 final Spirits. I need Yuffie, who has shown up before but I couldn't afford at the time, and Lora. Lora has never shown up in the shop once and I only know it's her I need after Googling the Spirit number. I've got the gold needed for both, I just need the game to now make them available in the shop for me to buy. Sucks that I can't manually refresh the stock and have to wait a set period of time. I was hoping to have the game finished this month but I'm not hopeful that both characters will show up before tomorrow, especially as Lora has yet to show her face at all.

I kept checking the shop all last night whilst doing other things and neither of the Spirits showed up. This is gonna be a slog, isn't it? It's just like when playing Monster Hunter and you are wanting an item to drop that you need for a weapon or armour but it never appears. The Desire Sensor is real. 

Are they not summonable (note: I have no idea how that works).

Just now, Ike said:

Are they not summonable (note: I have no idea how that works).

Sadly not. Either have to get them via the DLC Spirit board, which I don't have, or have them randomly appear in the Vault's shop and buy them for gold.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I kept checking the shop all last night whilst doing other things and neither of the Spirits showed up. This is gonna be a slog, isn't it? It's just like when playing Monster Hunter and you are wanting an item to drop that you need for a weapon or armour but it never appears. The Desire Sensor is real. 

Pink tail in FF IV.