NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Aaaaaannnd unlocked!

Did it with Ike, and no BS strats.

So is anyone actually beating Sephiroth by knocking him down to 0 HP? Or is it just constant edge guarding tactics? Because I can't edge guard to save my life. Which is probably why I can't beat this.

Edited by Glen-i

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So is anyone actually beating Sephiroth by knocking him down to 0 HP? Or is it just constant edge guarding tactics? Because I can't edge guard to save my life. Which is probably why I can't beat this.

I’ve beaten him by knocking him down to 0 HP on all difficulties except for Very Hard. I’ve only tried twice on Very Hard, came very close so I’m sure I’ll get him down today.

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I just beat him on easy to unlock him. Don’t plan on doing anything else. Lol 

There was way too much material from Sephiroth night! So I have no choice but to split it all into two videos.

This first one focuses on the matches @BowserBasher and I had while waiting for others to join. It also features a couple of three player matches once @Sprout showed up.

I am Blue coat Sephiroth, @BowserBasher is the white coat one and @Sprout is the classy guy who went shirtless.

Still working on the 4-player highlight video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome vid. Some great sudden death moments. So happy to see my double KO in the last five seconds moment in there. One of the best things I’ve ever done especially the off stage KO. It didn’t win me the game but I was well chuffed. Oh and that triple smash moment where you got the smash ball for your second one was totally unfair. 

• Like 1

And now, the second part of Sephi silliness. Focusing on the 4-player matches.

Once again, I am Blue coat Sephiroth, @BowserBasher has the white coat, @S.C.G is sporting the black coat while @Dcubed is shirtless with red trousers. @RedShell, not having the pass, elected to be Sephiroth's biggest fan, Cloud.

@Sprout started with shirtless and black trousers but then started cycling through the rest of the characters you see in that video.

Edited by Glen-i
Why the hell did I mention Sméagol? Half asleep posts are dangerous!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The update is out now, which means it's time to shout out @markderoos.

Cloud now has the FF7 artwork for his Spirit. Final Fantasy finally feels like it has proper representation in Smash.

Spoiler

I beat the Aerith Spirit by using Sephiroth's Down Air on her.

It had to be done. I'm not sorry.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, markderoos said:

That article mixed up it's characters. That's Kohga in the picture, not Sooga.

Now I'm wondering why the first Hyrule Warriors got no spirits (or music) back when Smash was released...

Edited by Glen-i

On 6-1-2021 at 2:24 PM, Glen-i said:

Now I'm wondering why the first Hyrule Warriors got no spirits (or music) back when Smash was released...

You can’t do a round of Hyrule Warriors spirits without one of its main characters, Cia... ;)

content-4-36430-supersmashbrosultimatethreeprojectilebanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a Going Ballistic themed tournament, starting this Friday

Up on the main page. :D

Characters with at least three different projectile-based weapons are eligible.

• Thanks 1

Ok, now that the noise around Sephiroth has subsided, I'd like to share a theory of mine: the next character reveal will either introduce or completely disconfirm Lloyd Irving.

What's the basis behind the theory? Mii costumes. Smash 4 had several 3rd party Mii costumes that were entirely absent on Ultimate's launch. However, these have been steadily reintroduced with each DLC pack (Joker brought back the Knuckles costume, Min-Min brought back Heihachi, etc.). Two of these costumes were even thought to be permanently removed, until the Sephiroth reveal convincingly brought back Geno and the Chocobo Hat.

Where am I going with this? There's only one Smash 4 Mii costume left, and that's Lloyd Irving. That costume is for sure returning during the next pack, and there are only two scenarios where that happens: A. Lloyd is cheekily introduced alongside his own Mii; or B. The next character is not Lloyd at all, in which case the costume reveal will crush our hopes and dreams.

So that's it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Where am I going with this? There's only one Smash 4 Mii costume left, and that's Lloyd Irving. That costume is for sure returning during the next pack, and there are only two scenarios where that happens: A. Lloyd is cheekily introduced alongside his own Mii; or B. The next character is not Lloyd at all, in which case the costume reveal will crush our hopes and dreams.

So that's it.

Yep, it's a matter of when, not if.

Honestly, at this point, I just think Namco deserve a second character at this point. Their team have put so much into Smash 4 and Ultimate and they still only have Pac-Man.

Don't get me wrong, Pac-Man absolutely had to be the first Namco Smash Rep, but it's been long enough. Let Lloyd have a go. (Certainly not who I would choose from Namco, but I know quite a few people who would be super hype about Lloyd, so that's the big reason I hope for him)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Ok, now that the noise around Sephiroth has subsided, I'd like to share a theory of mine: the next character reveal will either introduce or completely disconfirm Lloyd Irving.

What's the basis behind the theory? Mii costumes. Smash 4 had several 3rd party Mii costumes that were entirely absent on Ultimate's launch. However, these have been steadily reintroduced with each DLC pack (Joker brought back the Knuckles costume, Min-Min brought back Heihachi, etc.). Two of these costumes were even thought to be permanently removed, until the Sephiroth reveal convincingly brought back Geno and the Chocobo Hat.

So that's it.

Lloyd is a sword user. This theory checks out. :D 

• Haha 3

On 05/02/2021 at 9:02 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Lloyd is a sword user. This theory checks out. :D 

Helps that Mii Swordfighter also cribbed 33% of their moveset from the Tales of series anyway!

Been a while since I tackled some 9.9's. Finally took the plunge on the latest two characters.

Nailed the Sephiroth route on my first attempt! This Classic route is definitely one of my favourites, but it did come with a sour aftertaste knowing that a proper Boss Rush mode is so tantalisingly close!

Let's not talk about how badly my Steve attempts went though. That route is a nightmare!

• Like 3

The deepest dive next Thursday at 14:00 GMT. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

content-4-36443-supersmashbrossakuraipresentspyramythrabanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mr. Sakurai Presents Pyra/Mythra to be shown on March 4th

Now up on the main page. :peace:

N-Europe will have the full Roundup article posted, shortly after next week's presentation.

- - - - -

• Like 1

It’s almost time to take another Mii Costume filled trip down The Avenue of Crushed Dreams again! :D 

Cant wait!

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It’s almost time to take another Mii Costume filled trip down The Avenue of Crushed Dreams again! :D 

Cant wait!

Yep, some potential candidates got crushed there!

Spoiler

Technically Monster Hunter is not out yet as they can throw in a Hunter with a different armour set. But it's bye bye for our boy Arthur.

And some great moments again with Sakurai. Yes, you want those statues to take a look at how the bottom of a foot looks like. We get you. ;)

RIP Capcom characters...

... but Lloyd Iirving still lives!!! He’s officially the one and only Smash 4 Mii Costume currently unaccounted for now!  Surely it means everything!!

At least Arthur got in in some form... I’ll take it.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

At least Arthur got in in some form... I’ll take it.

Ah, that bittersweet moment of seeing a character you really want getting added to Smash via... Mii costume. :indeed: I remember it well with Goemon. :hehe: 

• Haha 1

content-4-36450-mrsakuraipresentspyramythranssbubanner.jpg

Mr. Sakurai presents Pyra/Mythra in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roundup

All up on the main page. :)

Full press release, and entire video presentation embed. :peace:

- - - - -

Another great presentation, it'll be interesting to play as these latest dlc characters, even though I've yet to finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2. :smile:

• Like 1