NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Anyone else expecting the reveal to be from a Nintendo-owned IP? It's strange none of the Fighter Pass to date has been from a first party Nintendo title.

12 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Anyone else expecting the reveal to be from a Nintendo-owned IP? It's strange none of the Fighter Pass to date has been from a first party Nintendo title.

That would be nice.

As long as it’s NOT a Fire Emblem character. :heh: 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

That might be intentional? They might have decided to have all of the fighters pass characters come from 3rd parties, which would suggest that this last one will too.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Nah, it would be strange for it not to be third party franchise at this point. We're still in the Fighter's Pass.

There's still more characters after this one getting revealed, so I expect some Ninty ones in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, it would be strange for it not to be third party franchise at this point. We're still in the Fighter's Pass.

There's still more characters after this one getting revealed, so I expect some Ninty ones in the future.

I agree completely and expect that to be their plan too.

At least going the 3rd party route has meant we’ve learned to expect the unexpected and it gives a much greater pool of characters and companies to try and negotiate rights with!

Wow, I totally forgot the time. Magically got here just in time.. #unintentionallyEfficient

• Haha 1

As I fan of FE, I love this. Much preferred over Dante (though I wouldn't mind him). They even thought of a solution to the all the swords haha.

Think Dante will show up as the one more thing perhaps.

THIS is how you follow up on the previous four!? THIS is how you follow up on Banjo & Kazooie and Terry Bogard!?!?

LAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!

• Like 1

That was hands down one of the weakest Smash reveal/trailers since they started doing them. I honestly can't believe they went with another FE character. :( 

• Like 2

I think we know why they didn't reveal it at the game awards. Would have been an even bigger disappointment then.

Just received the weekly Nintendo releases press release mail, and the DLC character is not mentioned, which they usually do if there is a new one available. So either they will send out a separate release, or he won't be available yet today.

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

THIS is how you follow up on the previous four!? THIS is how you follow up on Banjo & Kazooie and Terry Bogard!?!?

LAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!

This.

9 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Just received the weekly Nintendo releases press release mail, and the DLC character is not mentioned, which they usually do if there is a new one available. So either they will send out a separate release, or he won't be available yet today.

Byleth is coming out at the end of the month.

• Thanks 1

0 interest, very thankful I just bought Banjo and Kazooie on their own rather than the fighter pass, absolute mugging!

• Like 1

The Mii Costumes were pretty great, especially Cuphead.

Also good news that they are adding another six characters in the future

Cuphead is a cool addition, but man... what a disappointment the rest of that was. :( 

Can’t see myself getting the 2nd pass.

Byleth was definitely a "when" not "if". So he's out of the way now.

Surprised it happened now though.

He looks fun, finally have some axe, spear and bow action from Fire Emblem.

Buying that Cuphead music though.

Edited by Glen-i