NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

A few tidbits from Sakurai... Kirby bias NOT the reason he was the sole survivor

Can't watch the video at the moment, but my guess would have been that Kirby is a very easy character to grasp Smash mechanics with thanks to his simple moveset and multiple jumps.

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Flies & Hand
Flies buzz around the stage, and a hand holding a fly swatter goes around swatting up a storm. Getting caught in the swat-storm will cause severe damage, so think like a fly and run away!

234_1.jpg

234_2.jpg

What else is there to say? This one's great!

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know when the review embargo brakes for this? Looking forward to seeing the first (official) reviews.

• Like 1

Going back to play past Smash Bros games in anticipation for the release of this game. Ultimately (pun not intended) I won't be getting this on launch day because the pre-order I took means that it arrives a day late. Hopefully this will allow me to get the Piranha Plant in the game.

3 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Going back to play past Smash Bros games in anticipation for the release of this game. Ultimately (pun not intended) I won't be getting this on launch day because the pre-order I took means that it arrives a day late. Hopefully this will allow me to get the Piranha Plant in the game.

As long as you register you copy via the Nintendo Points program on the Switch before Jan 31st, you'll get a Piranha Plant DLC code email to you.

20 hours ago, londragon said:

As long as you register you copy via the Nintendo Points program on the Switch before Jan 31st, you'll get a Piranha Plant DLC code email to you.

Perfect. Probably didn't need to pre-order in the end. Oh well...

Now seems like the best time to get some more Switch controllers or a Gamecube adapter. Though for local multiplayer on the go the latter wouldn't really work.

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Tiki

Tiki is a Manakete, a race of dragonkin. While she usually stays in human form, she can transform into a fire-breathing dragon using the power of a Dragonstone. She doesn't look it, but Tiki is actually over 1,000 years old.

239_1.jpg

239_2.jpg

You see, I'm conflicted when it comes to Tiki. I prefer how her human form looks in Awakening, but I prefer her Dragon Form depiction in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Why can't I have both?

• Like 2

I've still not preordered this. I'll probably either pick it up on Friday morning or see if the likes of Simply Games or Shopto send it out early and then slam an order in.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've still not preordered this. I'll probably either pick it up on Friday morning or see if the likes of Simply Games or Shopto send it out early and then slam an order in.

Same here, and I’ve already settled on the digital version (since upgrading my SD card recently) so I really should. :hehe: 

Otherwise I might also be tempted to just order a physical version, if those retailers you mention do indeed start sending out copies early. :D 

I've still not preordered this. I'll probably either pick it up on Friday morning or see if the likes of Simply Games or Shopto send it out early and then *smash an order in.

There we go.

• Haha 2

So, is anybody gonna stay up until midnight and play this as soon as it drops? I think I will, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother playing online first, or if I just wanna head straight into Subspa.. I mean World of Light. *starts humming the tune* Man, that song is really catchy!

Edited by ArtMediocre

Just saw a shorter version of that music-less trailer on TV and it felt weird. Realised I'd only ever seen it with music added on top.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Just saw a shorter version of that music-less trailer on TV and it felt weird. Realised I'd only ever seen it with music added on top.

It's such a weird trailer. I wonder why they decided that a no music approach was the best way to go? ::shrug:

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's such a weird trailer. I wonder why they decided that a no music approach was the best way to go? ::shrug:

Guess they were going for epic and cinematic like how it's used in films sometimes. Comes across a bit more like that Mummy trailer that accidentally didn't have the music. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

People (even here I think?) speculated it was a stroke of marketing genius. It went viral because of the lack of music. If it was deliberate, well, then it worked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

People (even here I think?) speculated it was a stroke of marketing genius. It went viral because of the lack of music. If it was deliberate, well, then it worked.

Works on the internet. On television...

Still, hardly a game that relies too much on advertising to increase its sales anyway. 

8 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

So, is anybody gonna stay up until midnight and play this as soon as it drops? I think I will, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother playing online first, or if I just wanna head straight into Subspa.. I mean World of Light. *starts humming the tune* Man, that song is really catchy!

@Ugh first aid and I are gonna be playing nothing but multiplayer all night the moment it drops.

We'll probably end up unlocking everyone that way.

6 hours ago, Tim B said:

Review embargo is lifted when, Thursday 2pm? Or tomorrow?

Embargo lifts the 6th, so we'll have to wait a bit more.

Sweet @Glen-i, I'll join you for a couple of rounds. I've gotta go to work the next day, so I can't stay up for too long.

I live in Norway, will the game be available for us at the same time even though you're in a different time zone?

Edited by ArtMediocre

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

Sweet @Glen-i, I'll join you for a couple of rounds. I've gotta go to work the next day, so I can't stay up for too long.

I live in Norway, will the game be available for us at the same time even though you're in a different time zone?

We'll mostly be playing local, so just give me a shout here and then we'll make a room. Hope you like playing with items...

Unfortunately, I have no idea if we're getting the game at the same time as you. You'll have to tell us when you're ready.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Got Thursday + Friday off so should be playing at Midnight.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I'll be on as soon as the download unlocks. Is it Midnight in whichever territory you're in? Or is locked to midnight GMT for example?

2 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

I'll be on as soon as the download unlocks. Is it Midnight in whichever territory you're in? Or is locked to midnight GMT for example?

I wondered about this myself, so I contacted Nintendo Customer Chat. They said, even though they do not have this information themselves, that the game most likely would be unlocked at midnight in each time zone instead of having a unified drop. I suppose we'll see tomorrow night anyways.

This is another one for my Christmas list, so I probably won't be playing until the new year.

I got an e-mail from ShopTo saying this was dispatched but they're probably just holding it for Friday. I'll see you guys in the afternoon-ish once I've played through classic and WoL for a while.

• Like 1