NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

No doubt it'll be a funky announcement, although it will make a lot of people cranky. I know I'm sitting ready with my big bowl of candy for the ride!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'm sure that this won't be a... tiny announcement ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

The Smash hype has been going for so long, it's starting to make me wrinkly. But I sure hope Sakurai takes off the kiddy gloves for this announcement.

What would be would be a good announcement of a "complete edition" being released. It would be quite diddy in the grand scheme of things to most people, but to me it would make it a chunky announcement.

If they don't, I'll be cranky about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cube said:

What would be would be a good announcement of a "complete edition" being released. It would be quite diddy in the grand scheme of things to most people, but to me it would make it a chunky announcement.

If they don't, I'll be cranky about it.

Annnnnnd, that's 2 "Cranky"s. Game over.

I don't expect that to happen here. Next console port that includes the DLC? Sure. But it's not happening on the Switch.

No matter what the character is, a little part of me is still hoping for a Boss Rush. It's an easy to implement mode that would add quite a bit to the single player aspect. (Co-op compatible, naturally)

The bosses in Ultimate are great fun and it'd be nice to access them in a relatively quick way with any character.

Edited by Glen-i

38 minutes ago, Cube said:

What would be would be a good announcement of a "complete edition" being released.

A swanky complete edition you say…..?

I'd love if they called it Smash Bros Ultimate: Ultimate Edition

(Not engaging in all this monkey business)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Annnnnnd, that's 2 "Cranky"s. Game over.

I don't expect that to happen here. Next console port that includes the DLC? Sure. But it's not happening on the Switch.

No matter what the character is, a little part of me is still hoping for a Boss Rush. It's an easy to implement mode that would add quite a bit to the single player aspect. (Co-op compatible, naturally)

The bosses in Ultimate are great fun and it'd be nice to access them in a relatively quick way with any character.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, it unfortunately doesn't seem like something Nintendo wants to do, as BotW never had one.

I'll probably end up getting the base game in an offer and buying Piranha Plant, Banjo and Steve? from the DLC.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

(Not engaging in all this monkey business)

I think they have the Wright idea.

phoenix-wright-ace-attorney.gif

• Like 2

Ah, @Sprout showed up?

Now it's a character reveal!

For what it's worth, @Cube. Steve is one of the most technically impressive characters in Smash history. The sheer amount of behind the scenes shenanigans going on with him serves to make him truly unique.

This does come with the side effect of making him one of the more difficult characters to master thanks to the resource management.

It might be worth joining in a N-E session and seeing how the other characters play if you can.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Oh, the question mark for Steve? is because the question mark was part of his name when I played Minecraft, he's on my list because of how interesting his moves look.

I wanted to see all announcements before deciding what to get.

15 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Less than an hour!

@Glen-i are you ready to make a smash prediction roster topic for the next Smash game?

As soon as said game is actually officially revealed, then yeah.

I'm sure I'll be old and Wrinkly before they announce some kind of Smash DLC collection. 

I had a dream about Klonoa last night and that would be my ultimate Smash addition, I was always surprised he never made it into 4 when it was announced Namco were helping and the reveal of Pacman. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I had a dream about Klonoa last night and that would be my ultimate Smash addition, I was always surprised he never made it into 4 when it was announced Namco were helping and the reveal of Pacman. 

Let's face it, most of us were shocked it took until the second last character in this to get a second Namco rep!

Anyway, less then 5 minutes. I have to watch it on my phone, so see you on the other side!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

DAT DISNEY MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Can't imagine how much Nintendo must've had to pay for the licensing here...

Edited by Dcubed

Generic anime JRPG sword character #594. 

I wonder if his only mildly interesting characteristic (they he works alongside other Disney characters) will even be part of his Smash character...

Massively disappointing, never played (and don't care for) any of the games, so this character does absolutely nothing for me.

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game but I can still recognise that this is a huge and fitting final character that'll go down very well with a huge chunk of people. :)