NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

1 hour ago, Sprout said:

I can't believe my boy Phoenix Wright got passed over for his evil, topless counterpart in Smash. Curse you horny gamers.

OsfvtsM.gifW3q5Z69.png

"An attorney? Pfft. Fists speak louder than words."

...This is fine. Phoenix Wright is actually going to close things out as Challenger Pack 11, because after all these trailers involving Nintendo characters getting murdered and invitations getting stolen, someone is gonna be in need of an attorney. He's gonna cross-examine Kirby, the lone survivor.

28 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

bubble-objection.gif

miles-shrug(d).gif

Come now, Sprout. You know horny gamers largely prefer handsome men in suits. Having a hunk like Phoenix Wright casually smashing would be inappropriate for good boys and girls.

i3nBrhm.png

Let's say your theory about preferences for suits is true. But if that's the case, if you were observing properly, you'd have noticed Kazuya's alternate outfit.

tIi6Bon.png

0aVy33zb.png

(Maybe you were too distracted by the topless version to notice...)

tumDyBq.gif

Topless Kazuya, suited up Kazuya, he's covering all the horny bases! It's a horny home-ruuuuuun!

This was definitely the best way to start the top of a new page.

Edited by Sprout
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sprout said:

Topless Kazuya, suited up Kazuya, he's covering all the horny bases! It's a horny home-ruuuuuun!

EDIT: The post character hilarity has started!

SF8U2pP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

E38Y5pnWEAcdUr0?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

So, I just discovered this actual Tekken song!

Whoa-Parks-and-Recreation.gif

How am I only hearing this song now!?

"I know, you love, choc-o-late ice cream!"

"Let's go get some cheese-bur-gers and fries!"

If this isn't one of the songs available in Smash, I will riot!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

We're now two characters away from being able to play an 8-player match using characters closely associated with PlayStation. 

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So, I just discovered this actual Tekken song!

Whoa, first time I heard of it, too! After some digging, it seems it's Tekken Ball music from Tag 2.

Amazing

Edited by Jonnas

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Whoa, first time I heard of it, too! After some digging, it seems it's Tekken Ball music from Tag 2.

Amazing

Apparently, it's also available in Tekken 7, as well as being in that Taiko drum game (The title escapes me) on Switch.

That's promising, shows that Namco are proud of it, which they should be.

@Cube, yep. You're right, I've been steadily updating this joke every time we've gotten a more Sony orientated character.

Unfortunately, there's only one more character left in this pass, so we can't reach the magic number. But I wouldn't object to having a certain 90's mascot to really twist that knife in!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

@Glen-i I didn't think of Hero (I know little of the DQ franchise). I was including Richer Belmont, as he's mainly known for Symphony of the Night. He's an Echo fighter, but I think he can still count. 

1 minute ago, Cube said:

@Glen-i I didn't think of Hero (I know little of the DQ franchise). I was including Richer Belmont, as he's mainly known for Symphony of the Night. He's an Echo fighter, but I think he can still count. 

Specifically, the DQ 8 Hero was stuck on the PS2 for a long time, which is why I went for that one. Nintendo only got that game recently on the 3DS. He's quite similar to Cloud in that regard. The other Heroes wouldn't work for this joke.

The problem with Richter is that the game where he's the main protagonist isn't a PlayStation title. Sure, he's a supporting character in SotN, but Alucard is the hero of that title.

Of course, it all depends on your viewpoint, so I wouldn't say you're wrong. That said, if we do get a certain bandicoot, I might be willing to stretch my views to reach that magic 8-player All-Star Battle Royale.

21 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Apparently, it's also available in Tekken 7, as well as being in that Taiko drum game (The title escapes me) on Switch.

That's promising, shows that Namco are proud of it, which they should be.

@Cube, yep. You're right, I've been steadily updating this joke every time we've gotten a more Sony orientated character.

Unfortunately, there's only one more character left in this pass, so we can't reach the magic number. But I wouldn't object to having a certain 90's mascot to really twist that knife in!

Depends if we get enough variants...

An 8 player Playstation roster isn’t impossible!

21 hours ago, Cube said:

Richter is from Rondo of Blood (TG16)/Castlevania Dracula X (SNES).  Not only did he not debut in SOTN, his role is also merely supportive in SOTN.

Edited by Dcubed

Has there been a case where the fighter was not released immediately after the presentation?

9 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Has there been a case where the fighter was not released immediately after the presentation?

If by immediately, you mean the following week, then no.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If by immediately, you mean the following week, then no.

I would expect within 24 hours of the presentation.

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I would expect within 24 hours of the presentation.

Then that almost never happens.

Presentation begins at 3pm GMT.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Quite a few crushed dreams in that Mii costume pack, and I'm not talking about the one I was expecting. Totally getting that last one for the music though, been ages since that happened, and it's a catchy song. One in particular was quite a popular hope over on Era, so I'll be shortly heading over there for the inevitable throwing toys out of prams.

EDIT: Hah! Some comedy genius made a thread with the title saying that character is in Smash Ultimate! Hilarious!

39 songs is quite meaty, but none of them are High School Love, so that's a massive fail.

I'm dreading having to learn diagonal tilt attacks! I can see mistakes happening in the heat of the moment. And don't even get me started on inputting Crouch Dash multiple times in a row! Smash may have taught me how to do a Shoryuken, but I don't think I could pull that off!

The Kirby costume is great in how it changes one of his eye's colour!

Edited by Glen-i

Oh well, at least that's confirmation.

At this point, I won't even guess at who the final character will be, but at least those latest Mii Fighters costumes confirm who it won't be.

As an aside, I know existing alternate colour palette characters are set as the eight variations, but it would have been nice to see Samus in full Metroid Dread form.

If those Mii costumes were characters, they'll all be in the top 5 DLC characters (with Banjo). 

Also, I'm glad one Mii costume in particular has no music, I wouldn't want a con artist composer celebrated in Smash.

Had to chuckle at the Mii costumes, out of 4 characters...

Spoiler

sword.jpg

Three are sword-wielders, obviously.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Had to chuckle at the Mii costumes, out of 4 characters...

Reveal hidden contents

sword.jpg

Three are sword-wielders, obviously.

One I know, should dual-wield, and I would have said they were already there as a Mii. ::shrug: Another I haven't the foggiest who they are or what they are from. :confused:  And the other I have heard of. :idea:

The fourth actually looks cool and came in backed by a nice ditty. :cool: 

Think I’m going to pay for Kazuya. Going to have to put loads of time into him, but the prospect of ruining someone’s day with those combos is incredibly inviting.