NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

That Rathalos Armour Mii costume is the first time I have been interested in Mii costume DLC.

Also loved the presentation, Pyra/Mythra look real fun to play as and love the way he made them fairly different in how they play too.

And can we give Sakurai serious props for how well he plays his own game haha. Immediately handicaps himself to 1 vs 3 and still wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wait... The Monster Hunter costumes weren't in the game yet!? I could've sworn they already were... which means my math was wrong! Lloyd Irving wasn't deconfirmed! There is still hope! The coffee was hot the whole time! The dream will never die!

Semi-related video

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It’s almost time to take another Mii Costume filled trip down The Avenue of Crushed Dreams again! :D 

Cant wait!

I do find it ironic that you were the one pointing this out, and the one character (besides the Monster Hunters, arguably) to be deconfirmed was your biggest hope.

But Arthur will absolutely look great next to my Goemon. Great to see that franchise make it in Smash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mokong said:

And can we give Sakurai serious props for how well he plays his own game haha. Immediately handicaps himself to 1 vs 3 and still wins.

I've managed to pull off a 1 VS 5 win once. (Although the CPU's were only level 6)

Squad Strike is the second best mode that people forget exists.

• Like 1

Oh ffs, another two locked spirits? One is a Persona 5 Strikers exclusive and the other a Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrected exclusive. 

Do

Not

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, markderoos said:

Oh ffs, another two locked spirits? One is a Persona 5 Strikers exclusive and the other a Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrected exclusive. 

Do

Not

Oh, that's annoying, but if it's anything like the Pokémon Let's Go ones, they should be available in the future.

• Like 1

Just a heads up to Spirit collectors (mostly @markderoos), because this isn't exactly obvious in game.

The Rex spirit has been changed so that it can now be enhanced at level 99. So you'll need to do that (and then get another Rex Spirit and get that to level 99 to maintain that 100% completion)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Just a heads up to Spirit collectors (mostly @markderoos), because this isn't exactly obvious in game.

The Rex spirit has been changed so that it can now be enhanced at level 99. So you'll need to do that (and then get another Rex Spirit and get that to level 99 to maintain that 100% completion)

Yeah, Sakurai mentioned it during his presentation earlier this week. Also, is this the first time they’ve added the spirits that came with the base game to the spirits battles for the New Fighter? 

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

Yeah, Sakurai mentioned it during his presentation earlier this week. Also, is this the first time they’ve added the spirits that came with the base game to the spirits battles for the New Fighter? 

No, ARMS got some as well when Min Min dropped.

• Like 1

Gave in and bought Fighters pass vol 2 the other day. Been trying the new fighters out and out of the box I really enjoy Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra. Steve was fun to use but requires more getting used to, same with Min Min. 

content-4-36461-supersmashbrosultimatetransformbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is hosting a Transformation themed tournament

Up on the main page. :D

Characters who have some form of transformation ability are eligible.

I'm currently playing a bit of Smash Bros Ultimate, and I often see a blue glow around my character when battling in the World of Light, but I don't know what it is. I did Google it but didn't find any definite answers. xD Anyone got any idea? If necessary I'll upload a screeny later.

Edited by Sckewi

22 hours ago, Sckewi said:

I'm currently playing a bit of Smash Bros Ultimate, and I often see a blue glow around my character when battling in the World of Light, but I don't know what it is. I did Google it but didn't find any definite answers. xD Anyone got any idea? If necessary I'll upload a screeny later.

It's a spirit effect that means one of your stats has been increased.

Some support spirits increase a stat until you get hit, or for a limited amount of time, or when you have 100% damage.

If it's not a spirit, then it's something to do with the fight itself. When you select a spirit, it shows you who you're about to fight? Well, there's a description of what conditions to expect on the bottom left. Make sure you read them.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36472-supersmashbrosultimatekirbybanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is hosting a Kirby themed tournament

Up on the main page. :D

It's all about 'dat 'dere' Kirbeh!

(and Rick)

• Thanks 1

Heads up, @markderoos. Monster Hunter Rise Spirits are available now.

Get on that, quick!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

On 3-4-2021 at 1:04 PM, Glen-i said:

Get on that, quick!

Yeah got them all trained up on friday, but thanks for reminding anyway! My OCD is kicking in for missing those two missing spirits for Persona 5 S and Ghosts ‘n Goblins though...

12 hours ago, markderoos said:

Yeah got them all trained up on friday, but thanks for reminding anyway! My OCD is kicking in for missing those two missing spirits for Persona 5 S and Ghosts ‘n Goblins though...

Theoretically, I could just borrow @Dcubed's Switch in May, boot up Ghosts 'n Goblins with my profile, die incredibly quickly, and then use save data cloud storage shenanigans to get that spirit.

But then I'd be missing 1, and I think that actually might be more aggravating.

• Haha 1

On 3-4-2021 at 1:04 PM, Glen-i said:

Get on that, quick!

Heads up: 3 Bowser’s Fury spirits incoming!

• Thanks 1

I think he deserves it. I can't see him being retired for long though, if he does.

Presentation on the 28th for Kazuya will be 40 minutes long and have no info on the next challenger (not unexpected at this point):

I can't believe my boy Phoenix Wright got passed over for his evil, topless counterpart in Smash. Curse you horny gamers.

OsfvtsM.gifW3q5Z69.png

"An attorney? Pfft. Fists speak louder than words."

...This is fine. Phoenix Wright is actually going to close things out as Challenger Pack 11, because after all these trailers involving Nintendo characters getting murdered and invitations getting stolen, someone is gonna be in need of an attorney. He's gonna cross-examine Kirby, the lone survivor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I had lost all hope for Tekken, so holy fuck! I don't even like Kazuya (I'm more of a Jin guy, as far as Mishimas go), yet he looks great! So faithful to Tekken, how is his moveset going to work? One to one? Is it going to depend on subtle movement differences? Can't wait for that deep dive!

Now, I already main a Tekken character (Incinerorar is just King without his mask, right?), but I can tell Kazuya will be super fun to use. Just like Terry.

Ooooh, and the music! I heard a Tekken 3 track there! Please, let Jin's Theme from that game make it. Or Snow Castle from TTT2. Or Moonlit Wilderness from T5. Or Baile de Batalla. Or all of them!

Just now, Sprout said:

I can't believe my boy Phoenix Wright got passed over for his evil, topless counterpart in Smash. Curse you horny gamers.

OsfvtsM.gifW3q5Z69.png

"An attorney? Pfft. Fists speak louder than words."

bubble-objection.gif

miles-shrug(d).gif

Come now, Sprout. You know horny gamers largely prefer handsome men in suits. Having a hunk like Phoenix Wright casually smashing would be inappropriate for good boys and girls.

• Haha 3