NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

New set of Mii costumes. Bomberman looks nice, shame he doesn't get to be a full character.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that's Travis at the bottom right. Gonna have to update the Prediction thread.

Edited by Glen-i

The stuff you could do with creating blocks boggles the mind!

Steve has the potential to be an edge-guarding monster!

The stuff you could do with creating blocks boggles the mind!
Steve has the potential to be an edge-guarding monster!
It does seem like a bit of a game-breaking move. Balancing him must have been really hard.

content-4-36351-mrsakuraipresentsstevealexminecraftinssbubanner.jpg

Mr. Sakurai presents "Steve & Alex" from Minecraft in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roundup

All up on the main page. :)

Full press release, and entire video presentation embed. :peace:

- - - - -

I thought Sakurai put on another good showing from his home, he really showed off how well everything has been implemented.

Minecraft is getting probably the best representation it will ever have in a videogame, outside of the main game itself. (or even, including it) ;)

They've put in a lot of effort here, and It really speaks volumes about the Smash development team, when they can take a videogame series, and make you want to play as a character, from another series, in Smash, more than playing a game from the respective characters original series. :smile:

Obviously, for something such as Minecraft, that's easily done if you're not too fussed about the main game already, but even with characters such as Min Min from ARMS, I've much rather play as that character in Smash, rather than in the original game, even though ARMS is great, for what it is... I'd probably say the same for Joker from Persona 5, though I have yet to give that game an actual playthrough, so I can't say for certain on that front.

I just wanted to take a moment, to appreciate the amount of effort which goes into the DLC, regardless of whether it's for a character which each of us is invested in or not, the attention to detail, is still nothing short of impressive; and I can't wait to see what characters the series has in store for between now and the end of 2021, all going well. :D

Also... Banjo-Kazooie, Byleth and Terry Bogard amiibo's, when? They all look really great, and I guess it won't be long before Nintendo have finished the Steve amiibo. :p

It needs saying again - the effort Sakurai's team continues to put in is unmatched. To go to those lengths to create a moveset with reflects the guest's game so well is incredible.

The character looks very Pacman - you'll spend a lot of the match buying yourself time. I'm thinking Falcon as a counter - just rush them down, or one of the Link's and just keep the pressure on from a distance. Anyway, very excited to play him. I imagine the character will be a regular on the Yeet smash videos.

• Thanks 1

content-4-36359-supersmashbrosultimateeuropeanonlinechallengebanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate European Online Challenge Throwback Throwdown announced

All up on the main site.

This might be worth entering, for anyone who's quite competitive at Smash.

It looks like it runs from 5pm to 7pm UK time on Friday, 16th October, 2020.

Uh oh! More N-E shenanigans! This one features reckless armadillos, Sheikah bullying, Nana being the epitome of suck and the proudest I've ever been playing as Pichu.

Can't tell you who everyone is, but it features me, @RedShell, @S.C.G, @BowserBasher, @LazyBoy and @Sprout

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

Ah so glad to see those highlights fr)m DK and Isabelle. I shouldn’t have one that match but it was so pleasing when I did. That missed FS into a KO, then getting KOd was just perfect. I wasn’t even mad. 

Edited by BowserBasher

On 28-8-2020 at 12:23 PM, Glen-i said:

Spirit event is live, @markderoos.

The Olivia fight was fun. So many Bobbys!

It’s that time again, completionist notification @Glen-i!

Some fun fights again :)

...So I tried Minecraft Steve. The Classic Mode and Events were cute, even if I don't understand the references. Though I did laugh at the spirit called "Pigblin". So blatant.

But I think I hate him. Barely anything about this character agrees with me. His blocks have more limitations than I though, I can't make sense of how to use them properly, nor his low stiff jumps, I can't figure out the minecart, much less the glider (never liked the system in Brawl, either), and he has the most confusing resource management system yet. This character is absolutely not for me, which is disappointing, considering how unique he is.

On the other hand, Min-Min has been doing wonders for me lately, so I'm not too fussed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:

...So I tried Minecraft Steve. The Classic Mode and Events were cute, even if I don't understand the references. Though I did laugh at the spirit called "Pigblin". So blatant.

But I think I hate him. Barely anything about this character agrees with me. His blocks have more limitations than I though, I can't make sense of how to use them properly, nor his low stiff jumps, I can't figure out the minecart, much less the glider (never liked the system in Brawl, either), and he has the most confusing resource management system yet. This character is absolutely not for me, which is disappointing, considering how unique he is.

On the other hand, Min-Min has been doing wonders for me lately, so I'm not too fussed.

I actually agree with this 100%. I just can’t like him. I tried the classic rout and whilst a unique character I just couldn’t play as him. There doesn’t seem to be any variety in the normal attack, it’s just all sword, never been a fan of specials that don’t attack but are more for another move like the resource digging here. I’m sure tonight will be fun with others on Smash but I don’t see me liking the character. 

• Thanks 1

Gave him a quick go. (Don't want to get too familiar before Smashcraft night tonight)

Holy crap, the diamond stuff has insane knockback! Manage to craft those tools and you're in a good position.
Problem is, unless you're doing a 1 on 1 match, that's gonna be tough, especially on smaller stages.

TNT is a great edge guarding tool, get one set up after knocking someone off stage and you pile some real pressure on your opponent. I'm looking forward to the inevitable accidents that come about from multiple Steves all messing with TNT. Don't let me down, guys! That stuff is comedy gold.

15 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I can't figure out the minecart

If you have redstone and gold, you can press the B button while riding the minecart to get a quick speed and damage boost, that's how you wreak havoc with it. (Also lets you go up hills) Using it downhill also increases the speed and power as well, so you can catch people off-guard on some sloped stages.

Also, 4 notches of one material on your bar is enough to craft tools with.

Edited by Glen-i

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

If you have redstone and gold, you can press the B button while riding the minecart to get a quick speed and damage boost, that's how you wreak havoc with it. (Also lets you go up hills) Using it downhill also increases the speed and power as well, so you can catch people off-guard on some sloped stages.

Also, 4 notches of one material on your bar is enough to craft tools with.

My issue with the minecart comes more from me not feeling if I'm controlling it or not (which I now understand, I'm not). Feels like a combination between Yoshi's and Villager's side-b, joining the worst of both moves.

Also, my main issue with the resources is that the bar is so confusing to interpret. Maybe Minecraft veterans can see it easily, but I can't even notice tiles without having to stop and squint.

I know, this is a "me" thing. Steve's got tools, I just don't like using them. I don't like his down tilt, or his down smash, I can't do his up tilt in any way that isn't awkward... This guy's just a big ball cube of things I don't like doing. Sometimes that just happens, and the worst about it is still Diddy Kong (I actually enjoy Steve's dynamite, down air, and up smash, whereas Diddy's got nothing I like).

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

On 14/10/2020 at 11:35 AM, MindFreak said:

Woops! :D

Guess it'll be patched out soon enough.

steve-meat.jpg?resize=1000,562&ssl=1

This has now been patched out.

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Shenanigan video from the Steve night last week. Includes really stupid looking animation, people playing Minecraft and a magical supersonic block of dirt.

I'm Scottish Steve, @BowserBasher is Zombie, @S.C.G was Alex. @Sprout was default Steve, but switched to Isabelle and Kirby (in the three player fights) near the end.

The non-Steves are @Nicktendo as Piranha Plant, @LazyBoy as Mega Man and Mr Game & Watch, and @RedShell as everyone else (Including Kirby on Big Blue and 4-player fights).

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So that's why Gal Gadot and Brie Larson are there. They're reprising their roles as Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel for a Marvel & DC double character in Smash!

• Like 1

I was hoping for this, after Joker a couple of years ago. You’ve got the audience Nintendo, please make the most of the opportunity! Let the speculation commence again.

Going by the comments on the American and European Twitter account, a lot of people are asking for a Fortnite character. Looks like it's a different target audience over there compared to here. ;) Also a couple of shouts for Soma. 

10 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I was hoping for this, after Joker a couple of years ago. You’ve got the audience Nintendo, please make the most of the opportunity! Let the speculation commence again.

So...what you're saying is it's going to be Ryuji, and we still won't have Persona 5 on Switch? :p

soedgk7sfas41.jpg

All jokes aside though, very excited to see who's next!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1