NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

@Glen-i completionist reminder!

Good news for anyone who missed the Pokemon SwSh and/or Resi events; these spirits have now been added to the Spirit Board rotation.

I’m 100% complete and max level on Spirits again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, markderoos said:

@Glen-i completionist reminder!

Oh right, I got distracted by Pokémon battling and forgot. Cheers for that.

content-4-36169-supersmashbrosultimatespikyvsroundtournamentbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosts a spiky vs round tournament, starting today

Starting today on March 6th, 2020 there will be a tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will have a theme based on spiky vs round character and items.

This tournament will last for three days, will almost certainly have spikes in difficulty but at least there's a well-rounded cast of characters to choose from.

• Haha 1

Argh, he beat me to it!

Well, that rules out any Ring Fit Adventure character in the next pass, I guess. (Not that I expected it to happen)

Dragaux makes me crack up every time I see him! It's so over-the-top.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The Ring Fit Adventure spirits are up now.

@markderoos will be getting on that soon.

And complete and leveled up again!

content-4-36178-supersmashbrosringfitadvanturespiriteventbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event themed around Ring Fit Adventure has just launched

The latest spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now live, for five days you can get three new spirits from Ring Fit Adventure. :D

But, you probably already knew that. :p

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The next fighter has been announced...kinda. :p 

693964-FA-751-A-4539-9948-095-F3-DC9987-

If it ends up being Spring Man, that will completely kibosh the Assist Trophies probably won't be DLC theory a lot of people have.

Which is why I think it'd Ribbon Girl instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

If it ends up being Spring Man, that will completely kibosh the Assist Trophies probably won't be DLC theory a lot of people have.

Which is why I think it'd Ribbon Girl instead.

I agree completely!

It will do well to improve the visibility and popularity of Arms.  I’m still disappointed though as there are so many other franchises I’d like to see recognised.

Quite surprised they went with a character from ARMS for the debut of Fighter’s Pass 2, the way in which they’ve announced it was a bit weird too. Having said that, I already wish this would’ve been the final character of Fighter’s Pass 1. :hehe: 

Anyway, whoever it ends up being, the potential for a Smash character with crazy range attacks (that aren’t a projectile) is pretty exciting. Not exciting enough to make me purchase the 2nd pass, but I’ll be keeping a close eye on it for sure.

20 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I agree completely!

It will do well to improve the visibility and popularity of Arms.  I’m still disappointed though as there are so many other franchises I’d like to see recognised.

As far as Nintendo's first party repertoire these days goes, there isn't that much that doesn't have a character in Smash yet. The only IP that's even remotely relevant these days that I would prefer to see would be Rhythm Heaven.

Thinking about it more, it's not just Spring Man that has the potential to break a milestone. Obviously he's the big one that Waluigi fans (and the one Dillon fan) are hoping for, but Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle and Ninjara all have Spirits in this game. One of them becoming playable would mean a whole bunch of characters that some people thought wouldn't have a shot are suddenly viable.

Like I said in the Direct thread, the fact they didn't outright announce a specific character makes me think the "default" characters are out of the question, so no Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. I'm hoping for my mistress Twintelle myself, but I wouldn't mind Min Min either. I'm really happy with an Arms character as the first fighter in the 2nd pass, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind any of them. Just wondering what the moveset will be.

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Like I said in the Direct thread, the fact they didn't outright announce a specific character makes me think the "default" characters are out of the question, so no Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. I'm hoping for my mistress Twintelle myself, but I wouldn't mind Min Min either. I'm really happy with an Arms character as the first fighter in the 2nd pass, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind any of them. Just wondering what the moveset will be.

The only issue with Twintelle is that it would be weird to have a character representing a game called ARMS who doesn't actually use her arms. It helps her stand out in the game, sure, but it'd be odd in Smash.

I really doubt that technicality is going to a factor. I think popularity and diversity will be. She'd still be a great representative of the game. Pretty sure we're getting a female character, though if I'm being honest I think Min Min is more likely. Mechanica would also be fun, with her mecha, Dr. Coyle would be cool (though unlikely, as we'd have a villain before a hero), and Helix would be hilarious.

Again, hoping for Twintelle, but my bet is actually on Min Min.

Edited by Sméagol

Uhhhh... Not sure what we do about that.

Tell you what, everyone wins that race, we'll go on to GP2.

I'm thinking they'll actually announce an ARMS 2 or something like that, and that game will feature a new main character... which will be the actual newcomer.

Either that, or they'll add someone completely out of left field, like Helix or Lola Pop. I'd like that, too.

I think it will be eight characters from the ARMS series, just have your basic characters and then the rest can be alternative costumes. ::shrug:

content-4-36191-supersmashbrosultimatepinkspiritseventbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits event titled 'Cherry Blossom' launches today

The event focuses on pink coloured spirits such as; Amy Rose from Sonic the Hedgehog, Paula from EarthBound...

...and of course that pesky Rabbit from the Nintendo Badge Arcade on the Nintendo 3DS. :p

This event is available for five days as per usual, then you can get the spirits in standard rotation thereafter.

8 minutes ago, markderoos said:

New Animal Crossing Spirits incoming: CHECK IT OUT

@Glen-i notification

Yeah, I was worried about that.

I won't be able to get them. I can't go online for the foreseeable future.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I was worried about that.

I won't be able to get them. I can't go online for the foreseeable future.

That sucks... Wish there was a way to gift them :(