NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I thought his money was on Arthur making an appearance?

Nah, that's his dream. Totally different thing.

content-4-36109-supersmashbros5thcharacterbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate presentation to be shown on January 16th

Now up on the main page. :)

We'll be sure to cover the event and will post a roundup article shortly after the presentation has aired.

In the meantime... #RickForSmash! :D 

• Like 2

My wildest dream is Ryo Hazuki. Slightly more realistic is BOXBOY! but it's probably going to be Dante.

My money's on a Namco character. There's a reason we haven't seen the return of the Lloyd & Heihachi Mii costumes yet, and I think that's because they'll come with a Namco guy.

God, please let that Namco guy be Lloyd Irving

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna say Master Chief, Steve or Waluigi.

Personally hoping for Captain Toad or Rabbid Peach

38 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm gonna say Master Chief, Steve or and Waluigi.

Fixed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Fixed.

DLC Pack 2 confirmed! 😁😂

I’m so excited about this. Regardless of whether the reveal is huge or a disappointment they’ve managed to keep gamers interested for the better part of a year now which is so impressive! 

I hope it’s not but my realistic guesses are Steve, Doom Guy, Dante or Travis Touchdown.  My personal hope is for Sora (KH), Conker (which Chris Seavor has already shot down), Master Chief, Phoenix Wright or Alex Kidd.

Maybe the extra time will also be used to reveal an updated ‘Break the Targets’?

• Thanks 1

I really doubt Microsoft is getting a second character in the same Fighter's Pass. So I doubt Master Chief or Steve is happening tomorrow. Same logic applies to Atlus, Square and SNK. As mad and amazing as it'd be to technically get a Disney rep through Sora, we've already had Hero from Square.

After that, though? Who knows where this crazy Smash Train will travel? I do expect some Nintendo characters after this pass is done, Rex has been denied for too long now, and there's some great new sources from Switch titles to work with.

Byleth, Toxtricity, the Astral Chain twins and the Ring Fit Adventurer are just a few that pop off the top of my head. (I saw a suggestion that the Ring Fit Adventurer could attack with more traditional exercises like squats and such compared to Wii Fit Trainer's Yoga attacks, but also have some Bayonetta-style giant fists and legs for Smash attacks and I want it)

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

My money's on a Namco character. There's a reason we haven't seen the return of the Lloyd & Heihachi Mii costumes yet, and I think that's because they'll come with a Namco guy.

God, please let that Namco guy be Lloyd Irving

I was torn between betting on Namco or Capcom. Mostly because Namco are working on Smash and still only have Pac-Man, they deserve another character at this point. I'd also want it to be Lloyd, mostly because @Ugh first aid has been hoping for Lloyd since Smash 4 confirmed that Namco was working on it and she'd freak.

But I went with Capcom because that Resident Evil spirit event is too suspicious for me to ignore. (It won't be Resi Evil though) Given the choice, I'd want Phoenix Wright to be the Capcom character. I wouldn't mind Monster Hunter either. Smash needs more Monster Hunter music, especially White Fatalis and Valtrax, those songs are great!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

If Namco is to get more representation then I want to see this guy make an appearance.

250px-Klonoa.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ7WCM4zNo05gkZLoDKn8

Dude would fit perfectly into Smash.

As for Capcom, yeah, gotta go with Monster Hunter as well...obviously. :D 

• Thanks 1

Klonoa sounds like a STD, so they obviously can't go for that one.

They'll clearly have to stop disrespecting my boy Waluigi instead.

20170327-WPZA9N7OSa7y5pYcGlU2?s=9f005fafc2f8ac86a4c1a9719fc9c324

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I wouldn't mind Monster Hunter either. Smash needs more Monster Hunter music, especially White Fatalis and Valtrax, those songs are great!

Indeed. 
Reckon the hunters are a bit too generic for a Smash character though, but they could easily solve that problem by using a Felyne instead! ;):D 

9 hours ago, WackerJr said:

DLC Pack 2 confirmed! 😁

I was more thinking of a Pokémon trainer type of thing.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Hmm. What a coincidence... 

Makes sense. Dante uses a sword which means you instantly get into a Smash game. :D 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Makes sense. Dante uses a sword which means you instantly get into a Smash game. :D 

The next round of DLC fighters:

8a4.jpg

3jBGrr8l_400x400.jpg

24taydfs74bz.jpg

Bird-Sword-4da478b07ac4b_hires.jpg

animals-holding-things-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, Lloyd has two swords, which he combines to make a bigger sword. So all this is doing is getting my hopes up.

Big Brother because Bioshock Collection is coming to Switch. No, too Western.

Lara Croft because Tomb Raider HD is coming to Switch. No, too Western.

Diablo because Diablo 3 is on Switch. No, too Western.

Geralt of Rivia because the Witcher 3 is on Switch. No, too Western.

Solaire of Astoria, Dark Souls, too Western.

Tertromino? Could be! Rayman, Western but not all too much, maybe could be!

I think it will be another third Japanese party representative. Twin Bee? Bubble Bobble? A Yokai representative? Man, this is hard.

Oh wait, of course, it’s so blatantly obvious!!! Wart!

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Geralt of Rivia because the Witcher 3 is on Switch. No, too Western.

He's Eastern European! :p 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Sif?

Nope, Zacian.

zacian-crowned.jpg

21 hours ago, RedShell said:

Indeed. 
Reckon the hunters are a bit too generic for a Smash character though, but they could easily solve that problem by using a Felyne instead! ;):D 

Or, get this, how about Monster Hunter's unique feature being an AI controlled Felyne acting independently from them?

You control the Monster Hunter who uses all sorts of different weapons for each attack (Great Sword for Side Smash, Dual Blades for the rapid attacks, etc.), kinda like Inkling. Meanwhile, the Felyne is trying to get some cheeky hits in with claws, traps, bomb barrels and other Felyne shenanigans.

Of course, the Felyne would probably have to be easier to knock out than the Hunter, (probably twice the knockback) and there'd only be one per stock. And it wouldn't attack too frequently, to avoid being unfair. But a good player would be able to protect the Felyne and coordinate with it for some combos.

I think it's a great way to implement Monster Hunter, get the Felyne there and get the idea of co-operation, which the series thrives on, into Smash in one fell swoop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Or, get this, how about Monster Hunter's unique feature being an AI controlled Felyne acting independently from them?

You control the Monster Hunter who uses all sorts of different weapons for each attack (Great Sword for Side Smash, Dual Blades for the rapid attacks, etc.), kinda like Inkling. Meanwhile, the Felyne is trying to get some cheeky hits in with claws, traps, bomb barrels and other Felyne shenanigans.

Of course, the Felyne would probably have to be easier to knock out than the Hunter, (probably twice the knockback) and there'd only be one per stock. And it wouldn't attack too frequently, to avoid being unfair. But a good player would be able to protect the Felyne and coordinate with it for some combos.

I think it's a great way to implement Monster Hunter, get the Felyne there and get the idea of co-operation, which the series thrives on, into Smash in one fell swoop.

That actually sounds awesome. Great idea. :cool: 

And how’s this for an out-there addition?... Imagine if the hunter/felyne were just in some random armour by default, but if you had MHGU save data on your Switch, it’d pull the setup from there!

You’d be able to fight as Dino Chav! :laughing: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

That actually sounds awesome. Great idea. :cool: 

And how’s this for an out-there addition?... Imagine if the hunter/felyne were just in some random armour by default, but if you had MHGU save data on your Switch, it’d pull the setup from there!

You’d be able to fight as Dino Chav! :laughing: 

Oh man, that would be amazing. Instant top tier character if that happened. But let's face it, the amount of work that would require would be astronomical.

Not to mention that Smash is for good boys and girls and some of the armour in MonHun is, um... not. Especially for female players.

• Haha 2