NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Patch notes.

A lot of characters are less vulnerable when waking up. (Gee, I wonder why?)

To clarify, when the team says "vulnerable", they mean "endlag". In other words, it actually means a lot of characters will be waking up faster from now on.

Personally, I think Ridley saw the biggest buffs. They're useful for both casual AND competitive play.

You also forgot to say that Piranha Plant got a couple of buffs as well, which is a good sign. The characters that needed to be buffed were buffed. Sonic is one that desperately needs a couple of fixes, though. A shame that he didn't get them. IMO, Palutena's the only character who needs a nerf or two...

As for Hero, I tried him for 10 minutes or so, and I love him.

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

As for Hero, I tried him for 10 minutes or so, and I love him.

I'm trying to kill a Liquid Metal Kirby and it's just as frustrating as it is in Dragon Quest.

You fancy some impromptu matches right now?

Sadly, I have guests. They'll be taking over the Switch in a few minutes.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm trying to kill a Liquid Metal Kirby and it's just as frustrating as it is in Dragon Quest.

You fancy some impromptu matches right now?

I’m up for a few games. :) 

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’m up for a few games. :) 

Right, I'll go open a room.

• Like 1

These menus are bloody hilarious!

I put myself to sleep with Hocus Pocus and no-one noticed because a final smash happened!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

These menus are bloody hilarious!

I put myself to sleep with Hocus Pocus and no-one noticed because a final smash happened!

I got a hocus pocus sleep.

I'm done. Wanna get in some Fire Emblem. Thanks for the games!

It’s so bizarre suddenly seeing players just standing still in this. What a bloody stupid move for a fighting game... I love it! :D 

Anyway, cheers for the games. 

:peace:

Truly one of the best characters to come to Smash in years! Everyone standing around looking at menus are just pure gold! I have no idea what I'm choosing from time to time, or where the hell I am :heh:

Great games everyone, it was quick because I had to go back to the babies :D Fun to play some games again though! 

Standing still is the new fighting. I think I’m just gonna be even more random and not look at the menu and just hit B on the first menu option. Total randomness. Do love kamikaze though. 

oh and this game tonight was insane. I’m not sure how I won it and got to KO’s. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Haha 2

There are some people that are saying that they got the Labo Spirits on the Spirit Board, despite missing the event.

I think @RedShell was the one who missed that, so it might be worth checking it out.

55 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There are some people that are saying that they got the Labo Spirits on the Spirit Board, despite missing the event.

I think @RedShell was the one who missed that, so it might be worth checking it out.

Cheers. Yeah, I managed to get all the ones I was missing yesterday! :)

Any sign of the Link’s Awakening ones that you needed? If not I guess they’ll show up when Banjo arrives.

32 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Cheers. Yeah, I managed to get all the ones I was missing yesterday! :)

Any sign of the Link’s Awakening ones that you needed? If not I guess they’ll show up when Banjo arrives.

No, no luck for me.

Just gotta wait.

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Just gotta wait.

Yep. There's going to be a lot of that going on now anyway, what with Hero's down B. :grin:

On the subject of silly Smash Bros., any post-MK8 shenanigans planned for tonight? :heh:

*EDIT*

Never mind, just seen the other thread. :hehe:

Edited by RedShell

On 29/07/2019 at 8:26 AM, Ike said:

There's probably a history lesson for everyone outside of Japan.

Turns out I wasn't entirely wrong. :heh:

y4mTszUsildSNvlHJdpBxBJQD-NWzn_wx8zNkGq6

On 30/07/2019 at 7:25 AM, Glen-i said:

I'm hoping the normal battle theme from DQ 5 gets in, that's my favourite.

I'm sure @Ike must have a few songs he's hoping makes the list.

Bit late, but that was one of my hopes along with Fighting Spirits, which got in (unsurprisingly).

DQVII battle them.

Sylvando's theme.

Heavenly flight would fit the stage, but maybe it's a bit too peaceful for Smash Bros.

Bit of a long shot since it's from the Monsters games.

• Like 1

Oh man, Heavenly Flight is a beautiful piece. I might have just flown around randomly in game just to hear the full song.

While I do prefer the selection of songs Dragon Quest got compared to what Persona has, I am a bit disappointed that it only focused on the games the 4 Smash Heroes came from. There's also no original Smash remixes. I mean, I'm not surprised, given who composed them (No way in hell he'd let anyone else remix his work). Still, at least it's not a Final Fantasy situation.

Now I go to hoping that they go all out on Banjo's songs. We already know about that awesome Spiral Mountain remix, but I want rips of loads of songs from Kazooie and Tooie. Give me that Rusty Bucket Bay!

And I secretly hope that a Diddy Kong Racing song sneaks its way into there.

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh man, Heavenly Flight is a beautiful piece. I might have just flown around randomly in game just to hear the full song.

While I do prefer the selection of songs Dragon Quest got compared to what Persona has, I am a bit disappointed that it only focused on the games the 4 Smash Heroes came from. There's also no original Smash remixes. I mean, I'm not surprised, given who composed them (No way in hell he'd let anyone else remix his work). Still, at least it's not a Final Fantasy situation.

I feel like Sakurai gave a subtle dig at Sugiyama in the Direct for not being able to get the Overture. :laughing:

• Haha 1

content-4-35905-supersmashbrosultimateheroesvsvillainsbanner.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate new tournament with the theme of Hero Vs Villain announced.

It starts on August 9th 2019 and lasts for three days, the better you do, the better spirits you get as a reward.

Also... how glorious is that artwork? I just wanted an excuse to post it. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1