NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

17 minutes ago, bob said:

So is Banjo paid DLC, or free? And if he is free, when is he available?

He's paid. He's part of the season pass. If you hav e the season pass, you'll get him automatically. If you don't, you can opt for the season pass, or if you have no interest in the other extra fighters (Joker, Dragon Quest heroes and 2 unannounced characters), you can buy him separately. I don't know the price from the top of my head, I think 5 euros or something. I forgot when he's available, if they even mentioned a release window. You'll have to wait a while I think.

7 hours ago, bob said:

So is Banjo paid DLC, or free? And if he is free, when is he available?

7 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I forgot when he's available, if they even mentioned a release window. You'll have to wait a while I think.

Hero is out in Summer. Banjo arrives some time in Autumn.

Anyway, I don't follow many people on YouTube, but there is one who I tend to keep up to date with, and that's Heeew. Basically, he's a really good Smash player who makes humourous highlight videos and doesn't think that Melee is automatically the best game in the series.

He has this kind of mini-series going on called "Smash is Broken" that goes into some of the ridiculously stupid unfair stuff you can see from highly skilled players, and he's done a second one for Smash Ultimate. This one features @RedShell's favourite move in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This one features @RedShell's favourite move in the game.

Which one is that then, getting KO’d? :hehe: 

Crazy vid. That type of combo play is something I just can’t get my head around. Very cool though.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Which one is that then, getting KO’d? :hehe: 

Crazy vid. That type of combo play is something I just can’t get my head around. Very cool though.

I think you know, Mr. actually pretty good with R.O.B.

Also, ARGGHHHHH!

maxresdefault.jpg

There were Link's Awakening spirits last week and I missed them!

My perfect Spirit collection is ruined! Well, until they release those spirits for everything, hopefully.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

My perfect Spirit collection is ruined! Well, until they release those spirits for everything, hopefully.

Mine was also ruined, not by missing these ones but the LABO spirits. I imagine they will all be available in the shop eventually though. That's how I got the Pikachu and Eevee ones.

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I think you know, Mr. actually pretty good with R.O.B.

Also, ARGGHHHHH!

maxresdefault.jpg

There were Link's Awakening spirits last week and I missed them!

Finally I’m ahead in the spirit board completion race!

18 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Finally I’m ahead in the spirit board completion race!

*Gasp* You could've warned me!

You treacherous swine!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

*Gasp* You could've warned me!

You treacherous swine!

How am I ever going to win when helping the opposition holding on to his crown!

• Sad 1

Just to be sure, @Glen-i, you do know that after an event has ended those event exclusive spirits come available as random spirits on the spirt board, right?

27 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Just to be sure, @Glen-i, you do know that after an event has ended those event exclusive spirits come available as random spirits on the spirt board, right?

Does that include the LABO ones? I’ve been checking quite a bit and none of those seem to show up. :hmm: 

17 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Does that include the LABO ones? I’ve been checking quite a bit and none of those seem to show up. :hmm: 

It does, I’ve seen event exclusives pop up every so often.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

What, immediately? I thought we had to wait a while for that to happen.

Edited by Glen-i

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What, immediately? I thought we had to wait a while for that to happen.

Sorry, yes that was what I meant. They’ll eventually come available on the regular board

• Thanks 1

I just had Link’s Awakening Link appear on the Spirit Board, but I guess that’s because I already obtained it during the event. ::shrug:

Anyway, it looks like I’m actually missing more than just the LABO spirts, still have a few that need to be summoned too.

Here's my third video of people from my local community centre faffing about in Smash. Includes 5-player matches, a kid who really likes playing as Zelda and a glitch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The MetroidMania event is live this weekend, I like the write-up that came with the announcement...

"The three-day #SmashBrosUltimate spirit event "Metroidmania" starts on 28/06! Check your Spirit Board, because #Metroid characters are coming out of the walls! Defeat them in battle to earn more SP than usual."

I'm sure I'll be taking part in this one. ;)

• Thanks 1

Remember when I said I wasn't going to be making any more stages for a while?...

:laughing:

Yeah, I just had to take the SMM2 stylus for a test-drive, 2 actually. :D I'm finally going to start using Twitter properly as well, go me! :heh:

:peace:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RedShell said:

:peace:

Oh no, it's the sequel to "WA HA HA HA!"

Please tell me you called it "WAAAAAAA!"

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Please tell me you called it "WAAAAAAA!"

Unfortunately not, called this one “Waluigi is here!” :heh:

I still believe he’ll make it... so get ready to give me some points on that predict the roster thing. :grin: 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

@RedShell, I just called Sakurai, he had just finished his work on Tingle as the next DLC fighter but after telling him how much you want Waluigi on the roster he decided to go with him instead!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

@RedShell, I just called Sakurai, he had just finished his work on Tingle as the next DLC fighter but after telling him how much you want Waluigi on the roster he decided to go with him instead!

It's like Sophie's Choice for @RedShell

• Haha 4

In the latest "Rare employees help with Smash DLC" news, it's been confirmed that Paul Cunningham, the artist from Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemini, was bought in to help with Banjo in Smash Ultimate.

Here's a quote from Rare.

Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion gave us an opportunity for a fantastic partnership with our old friends at Nintendo, and as the bear and bird appeared with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool in the reveal trailer it was a joy to see just how warmly the news was received. It's been a tightly kept secret but we've been collaborating closely with the Smash team on this crossover since last year, on everything from movesets to musical choices – and while a core group of folks at Rare worked on this, we have to give a special shout out to our own Paul Cunningham who has been our point man on getting everything about Banjo and Kazooie's appearance just right. Your favourite duo are in very safe (albeit fighty) hands and we honestly cannot wait for everyone to get their game on in the incredible Smash universe.

• Like 1

Guess who's got another Highlight video from N-E Smash ups?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Guess who's got another Highlight video from N-E Smash ups?

Excellent and hilarious vid, as always. :laughing: :bowdown:

• Thanks 1