NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Here's a couple more stages, the amiibo one I uploaded a while ago now:

D8fO8aDVsAAXETH?format=jpg&name=small

Made it to commemorate the new amiibo functionality. Shame that said functionality is actually terrible. :heh:

And here's the stage based on Yakuza:

D8fO_d8UEAIlepi?format=jpg&name=small

Made some Yakuza Miis too:

Kiryu:

D8fPEuGU8AAMN45?format=jpg&name=small

Akiyama:

D8fPHS9U8AAVQNP?format=jpg&name=small

& Majima:

D8fPB-SUEAAAaP-?format=jpg&name=small

Might tweak the Majora's Mask moon stage a bit before uploading, but look forward to that one next. :)

:peace:

• Like 1

Smash site has updated.

There's the Spiral Mountain remix from the trailer. Confirmed to be composed by Grant Kirkhope himself!

• Like 3

The second best thing about Smash Bros. character reveals is the onslaught of fanart that follows.

• Haha 1

Ah the sheer joy of watching that trailer (& listening to the music again, thanks @Glen-i) was thrilling!  I know it was heavily rumoured, but with all the potential hurdles in the way, no-one knew for sure!  As Kotaku quoted: it’s taken Nintendo to make Banjo relevant again!  I’ve also just come across the NYC reaction - brilliant! 😄

The reaction from DK and the crew is hilarious. It pretty much resembles what myself, and I imagine most Banjo fans, were like. :D 

Lc4X87O.gif

One of the best things about Banjo and the DQ character announcements is that surely this means we will be getting amiibo for both sets of characters, right? Those Dragon Quest heroes are going to look amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like how it's not the godawful Nuts and Bolts design

49c0e46d7b7d5d5fb6c64ae3af7237ac75b37273

Leave it to Nintendo to design characters properly, Banjo, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man, Simon Belmont..

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The reaction from DK and the crew is hilarious. It pretty much resembles what myself, and I imagine most Banjo fans, were like. :D

Well, I'm not particularly a Banjo fan, and I was like that too. :hehe:

I love how they basically used the exact same scene for this reveal. The use of Duck Hunt Duo was inspired! :grin:

So, just 2 character slots left... going to be really interesting to see who/what else makes the cut. ;)

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Well, I'm not particularly a Banjo fan, and I was like that too. :hehe:

Same here.

49c0e46d7b7d5d5fb6c64ae3af7237ac75b37273v2_00.jpg
Leave it to Nintendo to design characters properly, Banjo, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man, Simon Belmont..
Who fucked up the design of Pac-Man? He's literally a circle with a mouth?
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
49c0e46d7b7d5d5fb6c64ae3af7237ac75b37273v2_00.jpg

Who fucked up the design of Pac-Man? He's literally a circle with a mouth?

tbf, it was a tv show a few years back

Pac-man-ghostly-adventures-featured-imag

• Like 2

Why does it have the exact same face as Nuts 'N' Bolts Banjo?!

• Haha 4
  • Weird 1

1 minute ago, bob said:

Why does it have the exact same face as Nuts 'N' Bolts Banjo?!

That's the official "they fucked up the design" face. :laughing:

• Weird 1

Man, I honestly marked out at Banjo. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, despite the rumours.

I can imagine the reaction to DQ was the same in Japan. Nintendo really are on a roll. 

I can't even imagine who the final two characters will be, and IF we get another fighter pass next fiscal year... oh boy.

• Like 1

Can you believe that some people think Dragon Quest isn't a big deal in Japan?

That's always funny.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Hero. Those menu mechanics look fun. And if my guess is right, that means he'll effectively have 7 different Specials! Snooze looks like it can be devestating for delivering finishing blows.

Fair warning, I will try and put someone to sleep and then use Kamikazee on them. Because it'll be really funny.

Speaking of that, how mad is it that he has a move that kills himself? He's gonna be scary to approach when he's at high damage! I hope you'll be able to cancel it though, accidently using that move would be a real bummer otherwise.

We didn't see much of the DQ stage. I hope it's hilarious.

• Thanks 1

New stages...

Majora's Moon:

D8yoVaqV4AAcjvt?format=jpg&name=small

Made a few changes to this one, the biggest addition is the warp points on either side, to prevent characters with bad jumping getting trapped once the moon has dropped. :hehe: Also changed the angle of the face slightly so it's a bit more menacing.

Goemon Impact!:

D8yoYvQVsAAZ6E0?format=jpg&name=small

About time I made a Mystical Ninja stage. All set for Goemon's character reveal... in my dreams. :(

And finally Animal Crossing!:

D8-imydUEAA4Lqj?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah, I'm well and truly on the hype train for New Horizons, so I turned part of its logo into a stage. :D
Villager's side B is really fun on this one, as it travels along the curve of the island! :laughing: His trees are really good on it too. ;)

• Like 2

On 13/06/2019 at 9:28 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

This really shows just how popular the Dragon Quest franchise is in Japan.

Will be interesting to see if this boosts the popularity of DQ in the west like it did with Fire Emblem. Because if Smash can't then nothing can,

• Thanks 1

On 14/06/2019 at 9:00 AM, Glen-i said:

Can you believe that some people think Dragon Quest isn't a big deal in Japan?

That's always funny.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Hero. Those menu mechanics look fun. And if my guess is right, that means he'll effectively have 7 different Specials! Snooze looks like it can be devestating for delivering finishing blows.

Fair warning, I will try and put someone to sleep and then use Kamikazee on them. Because it'll be really funny.

Speaking of that, how mad is it that he has a move that kills himself? He's gonna be scary to approach when he's at high damage! I hope you'll be able to cancel it though, accidently using that move would be a real bummer otherwise.

We didn't see much of the DQ stage. I hope it's hilarious.

Is there a video somewhere where they've talked through his moveset? Keen to understand how he works.

3 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Is there a video somewhere where they've talked through his moveset? Keen to understand how he works.

Nope, I'm just going off of the reveal trailer.

• Thanks 1

I hear the Dragon Quest composer is really finnicky about his music being used by anyone other than himself. Hopefully they put more songs in the game than just the main theme...

6 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

I hear the Dragon Quest composer is really finnicky about his music being used by anyone other than himself. Hopefully they put more songs in the game than just the main theme...

I'm hoping that the whole "Orchestrated" music in Dragon Quest XI for Switch came with some kind of deal that included Smash usage. Probably not how it works, but...

Dragon Quest has some beautiful music and it would be a shame for it to get the same stingy treatment that Final Fantasy got.
I'm quite hopeful about this because unlike Smash 4's DLC, the music is being used as the thrid big selling point of each pack. (After fighter and stage, obviously)

Here's that stage showcase vid I mentioned in the SMM2 thread:

Would be great if people could share it. :)

I probably won't be making any more new Smash Bros. stages for a while now... ;) but I'll be back! :hehe:

• Like 2
  • Weird 1

So is Banjo paid DLC, or free? And if he is free, when is he available?