NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hell, I recall one recent match between me and @Ike on Final Destination where he was Dark Samus and I was Ryu, and it was really tense and exciting, but he lost his last life at the end not because I outplayed him, but because he mistakingly used an air dodge and had no hope of getting back from an easy recovery.

I like winning matches, but not like that... It felt like @Ike got robbed...

EDIT: It's actually in one of my highlight videos. Skip to 3:01 to see what I mean.

That match was awesome and it's such a shame it ended like that.

Ah, yeah, that really sucked, it was a really good match. I couldn't do anything even after getting hit by the explosion until it was too late. Makes me not want to use the air dodges but in the heat of the moment I kinda forget. I did under-estimate how big the blast radius was going to be though, I should've aimed for the ledge, didn't think my controls would still be locked after getting hit.

I do seem to have The Knack™ of falling off the stage and not being able to recover though.

Seems like we're getting an update soon that will mean replays will no longer work. And Greninja will probably get nerfed.
Don't get too excited, the numbering suggests that it's a balance patch and not much else.

Convert any replays to videos if you want to keep them.

Here it is at last, the TRUE FINALE to the Smash Bros. Ultimate Mii Fighter Tournament

Been fun to do these, hope you guys enjoyed.

Well, that finale fell flat on it's face...

Oh well, got something a bit more relevant to current Smash now, I've been posting screenshots of the stages in this thread sometimes but, better to see some of these on video

• Thanks 1

A future update is going to include a couple of features.

Spoiler

People will be able to use amiibos in online Battle Arenas.

And support for the Labo VR set will be added.

I, for one, am looking forward to having my eyes bleed.

Someone on ResetEra pointed this out.

Labo VR is the only VR platform that features three 90+ MC game.

It's funny because it's true.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Character balance changes are detailed here.

Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Ryu, Ken and Bayonetta got some significant buffs.

Meanwhile, Peach, Daisy, Olimar and Pichu got nerfed the hardest. Especially Olimar and Pichu, it's actually easier to hit them now. And Pichu takes more damage when it uses electric moves.

Oh, and Shulk got a couple of small buffs. Which makes me happy.

Greninja got completely ignored, which is a win for Greninja.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

VR mode is really cool! It’s like having a built-in Boundary Break mode! You can see how all the stages work! :D 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

VR mode is really cool! It’s like having a built-in Boundary Break mode! You can see how all the stages work! :D 

Yeah, I had a quick go on the Pilotwings stage earlier, very cool. :cool: Now I want VR Pilotwings damnit! :hehe:

Anyway, uploaded my latest stages:

D72cM-9U8AA8qAe?format=jpg&name=small

D72cQG9U0AAZb_B?format=jpg&name=small

D72cTgUVsAEs7vj?format=jpg&name=small

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Character balance changes are detailed here.

Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Ryu, Ken and Bayonetta got some significant buffs.

Meanwhile, Peach, Daisy, Olimar and Pichu got nerfed the hardest. Especially Olimar and Pichu, it's actually easier to hit them now. And Pichu takes more damage when it uses electric moves.

Oh, and Shulk got a couple of small buffs. Which makes me happy.

Greninja got completely ignored, which is a win for Greninja.

How fortunate, I just picked up Falcon (my old Melee main). 

A couple of pics from VR mode...

Tingle makes his VR debut!: :D

D75ZxPfUIAAaPBx?format=jpg&name=large

MK8DX has to be next for a VR update, surely:

D75Z1DkUcAEwnmg?format=jpg&name=large

Come on, Nintendo! If you can get Smash working in VR, there's no way you can't do the same for Mario Kart. :bouncy:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, I had a quick go on the Pilotwings stage earlier, very cool. :cool: Now I want VR Pilotwings damnit! :hehe:

Anyway, uploaded my latest stages:

D72cM-9U8AA8qAe?format=jpg&name=small

D72cQG9U0AAZb_B?format=jpg&name=small

D72cTgUVsAEs7vj?format=jpg&name=small

:peace:

Yeah, I tried it on Pilotwings just after you mentioned it.  I want a new one so bad now!

Another pro tip, try playing the F-Zero GX stage while looking backwards; away from the characters fighting.  It'll make you want a proper F-Zero VR game something fierce!

BTW, all of your stages are bloody amazing! Do you own a capacitive stylus? How on earth do you manage to draw so well!? :o 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

BTW, all of your stages are bloody amazing! Do you own a capacitive stylus? How on earth do you manage to draw so well!? :o 

Thanks. :) Yeah, this is what I use:

9DUbT5n.jpg

I imagine the Mario Maker one will be more or less the same thing.

• Thanks 1

Nice stages @RedShell. Having a proper stylus to draw them with certainly helps (I had considered investing in a phone stylus for use with the Switch and Mario Maker 2) but not everyone can draw well, some people are terrible at drawing. So, mad props to you for making the objects look so good.

Speaking of stages, I did another one of those showcase video thingeys I did in my last post in this thread. Some of these stages have already been posted in this thread, but I highly recommend you check out the Super Hexagon stage in this video to see how crazy it really is.

• Thanks 2

On 01/06/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ike said:

So they made Pichu even worse in stamina battles?

That one match has really soured you on Pichu, huh?

• Haha 1

hello everyone so do you have a game night for smash as well if so what day is it

12 minutes ago, Louise said:

hello everyone so do you have a game night for smash as well if so what day is it

Check the other (online) thread.

A theory about the dlc line-up.

Spoiler

The 5th character is super surprising, and also makes this theory unlikely to be true. That said.. I never knew I wanted him. It would be fucking fantastic, he's awesome. If this does turns out to be the line-up.. I'd be extremely satisfied.

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

The 5th character is super surprising, and also makes this theory unlikely to be true. That said.. I never knew I wanted him. It would be fucking fantastic, he's awesome. If this does turns out to be the line-up.. I'd be extremely satisfied.

If that's the line-up for all of the DLC characters, I'd be happy with that as well and you're right, that 5th character is very surprising, heck even the "third and fourth" are surprising as well.

The second is surprising to a degree but more believable, but in any case in that video yeah... it's credible I think.

I'm not going to go into any more detail than that as I don't want to accidentally spoil anything if this does end up being the line up but... I'd be happy with it. :D

And having said that, even after looking at that video, I'd still be surprised to see those characters full reveal when the time comes. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Louise said:

Hey there. We normally have it tonight, but I can't set it up this week, so we're moving it to tomorrow night 8pm.

• Like 1

So I was just playing online when my Space Channel 5 custom stage got selected, and I was surprised to see Ulala not looking quite like she used to...

What she looked like when I first made the stage is on the left, how she appeared a minute ago on the right:

wF5s6HO.jpg

At first I was like, this must just be some weird glitch in this particular match, but I then went to check it out in the stage builder itself and sure enough it was still messed up! :o

I wonder if this is due to the latest patch. :hmm: None of my other stages (the one's I checked at least) seem to be affected though.
Bizarre. Not to mention annoying. :nono:

• Weird 1

Last lot of stages, this is all I have for now, probably best not to make any more until after I put the current ones online.

Yes, I made a meme stage...

• Like 2

Who likes highlight videos? Sure, you do. This first one focuses on matches I've had with this one kid who's probably better than me (He's player 1). Seriously, he's crazy good. Although there are a few three player matches thrown in there.

And the next one is highlights from the past two weeks of N-E Smash. Expect some anti-climatic Stamina mode deaths!

That thumbnail might be my best one yet.

• Haha 2