NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Keep your eyes open!: :D

D5CG0KUUEAAxWAz?format=jpg&name=small

Oh... and Tennis, anyone?:

D5CG3qCU8AE2j_R?format=jpg&name=small

"Keep your eyes open" didn't exactly pass the beta test just now (@Glen-i got stuck inside the pencil :heh: and the fireballs stop moving) but that makes it even more entertaining so I'm not gonna bother fixing it. :grin:

:peace:

*EDIT*

And another:

D5HNiBpU8AAFidJ?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2

Another stage I made over the weekend:

D5KMqkdUIAEUePZ?format=jpg&name=small

D5RWh7SUwAAkFXB?format=jpg&name=large

:grin:

Got a few more that are almost ready to upload, including one that surpasses even Great Smash Ball and Pandemonium for sheer insanity! ;) You can basically only get hit a few times and then it pretty much becomes unplayable. :heh: So yeah, "look forward" to that. :laughing:

BTW, I noticed something interesting with two of my custom stages, specifically these two:

zQwkqz3.jpg

And it's that even when playing with items set to on, no items will actually appear during the fight! :confused: It's got nothing to do with the memory usage in the stage builder, as neither of those stages are at the maximum, plus I have several stages which are and yet still spawn items normally. Very weird. ::shrug:

• Thanks 1

OK, here's my next set of custom stages. Starting with the really crazy one*: :hehe:

D5WS6A3VUAA3S2a?format=jpg&name=small

*I take no responsibility for any Switch systems potentially destroyed in the process of playing that. :heh:

Next up, a stage based on a character that should've been playable: ;)

D5WS9IdU0AEjwFJ?format=jpg&name=small

And seeing as I'm not a huge fan of the regular Splatoon stage in Ultimate, decided to make my own: :D

D5WTAe5UwAIKuLm?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Decided to start a new mini-series on Youtube that is Smash Bros related... it's not custom stages but it is custom Mii Fighters

I added some commentary along with it in announcer style... and I may yet come to regret that decision xD. But I thought it would be boring to just have the fights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to take away GenericAperson's thunder here, but...

People do the darndest things.

• Like 3

Got some videos uploaded of last night's Smash Shenanigans featuring @RedShell, @Ike @BowserBasher, @Vileplume2000 and me.

D5sba4QUEAANnJI?format=jpg&name=small

I also got a highlight reel of a few matches from the Community Centre I routinely play Smash at. A few "More than 4 player matches" there. Not 8 player though, not enough Pro Controller/Gamecube controllers available.

D5sbeD8U8AAZydA?format=jpg&name=small

Forgot to get a good thumbnail for that one.

EDIT: I just figured out that you can use the Switch Mobile App to get the Youtube address! Sweet!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great editing on those vids, @Glen-i, you have a knack for putting together entertaining Smash Bros. highlights. :cool: 

I’m still really annoyed that replays with custom stages can’t be edited. :angry: Would’ve been nice to see what you could do with those, not to mention see what the games from your community centre are like on custom stages. :hehe: 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Also just noticed @RedShell new avatar on the boards. Love it. 

Hehehe! Thanks for “helping” me make it. :D 

*EDIT*

New stage:

D5vbYQHUwAA_IE3?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Glen-i Watched the first video, some quality goof ups from some people in those battles...

For anyone who was watching the Smash Bros. Ultimate Mii Fighter Tournament, the semi-finals have finally been uploaded

On another note The Runaway Guys Colosseum is doing Smash Bros. in about 15 minutes. It's an hour's block.

http://www.twitch.tv/ProtonJon

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Thanks 2

It all concludes today...

Who will the winner be?

Also, there's an announcement at the end of the video...

• Thanks 1

I thought this recreation was nicely done, especially as it was made just using SSBU's video editior. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Literally just came to post that @S.C.G! (15 hours late, but whatevs) It's amazingly well done! :D 

Wonder if they'll try to do the other Smash Bros intros next...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Literally just came to post that @S.C.G! (15 hours late, but whatevs) It's amazingly well done! :D 

Wonder if they'll try to do the other Smash Bros intros next...

Uhhhh... Brawl might be a bit tricky there. Some of the bosses show up. You might be able to get Petey in there along with Rayquaza, (although all it does in Kalos Pokémon League is fly around while twisting, which it never does in the Subspace cutscenes)

And good bloody luck getting the split screen thing from the N64 intro to work!

Smash 4 WiiU would be the easiest to do. The only issue there would be that Pyrosphere is not in Ultimate. Which isn't too big a deal.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Uploaded my latest stages.
I tried to make these ones a bit more like actual levels, as opposed to just giant characters/death traps. :laughing: Although as some of you will have seen yesterday, I couldn't resist adding one of my favourite mechanics to the Metroid stage. :heh:

D6NMwvfUwAcuoqj?format=jpg&name=small

D6NMz8kUYAEZzmy?format=jpg&name=small

Made a slight tweak to the Mario one too, after I noticed larger characters were getting a bit stuck inside the warp pipes during our N-E battles last night. :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Speaking of N-E battles, it's the moment four of us have been waiting for.

I had so many replays that I didn't have enough room for the matches when @RedShell left. That will have to come in a future video.

Anyway, it also stars @BowserBasher, @Ugh first aid and me.

• Haha 3

I was quite chuffed with catching the base of that drill item as Link, I never get the timing right for doing that. :grin:
Also, very cool how you avoided the Dragoon in that fight. :cool:

Anyway, here's a quick montage of Sudden Deaths from last night: :laughing:

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I was quite chuffed with catching the base of that drill item as Link, I never get the timing right for doing that. :grin:

The clip where that happens is a phenomenon I like to call Smash Zen.

Normally happens in 1 on 1's where the hilarity stops for a brief moment because both players are throwing attacks but can't land a hit because both players are dodging them just right. It looks incredibly slick, even if it does inevitably end.

I like to look out for them, because they provide a nice contrast in highlight reels. It's not as important as getting a shot where someone hits the front of the screen in a video though.

• Like 1