NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

More messing around with Edit Video, this one is a surprisingly tense and skillful fight between @Ugh first aid (Toon Link) and me (Lucas). An almost 7 minute match, but this cuts the run time in half to show you the best bits. It's got everything! Bomb deflection, exploding Hookshots and even some Rhythmic fighting.
Corneria is a pretty sweet remix after all.

D4p7pTsUYAA7S7L.jpg

Why yes! That Thumbnail IS awesome.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Has anyone tried using the new "Edit Video" feature? Because it's awesome.

Haven’t tried it yet but I did see the videos that are showing up on the online share bit. Some people have some good skill in editing videos. And not just of matches but just funny stuff. 

Uploaded a bunch of Mii Fighters, including the Fresh Prince gang!: :D 

D4rYD4RUYAAp8nB?format=jpg&name=large

Hit the daily limit for posting stuff too :hehe: (which seems to be 15), so no more from me today. But I’ll be back! :heh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I might be enjoying Edit Video a bit more than Stage Builder.

And this one isn't mine, but I wish I thought of it.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:
And this one isn't mine, but I wish I thought of it.

If you look carefully, you see he's running on a spinning disc. So he's more like a hamster.

• Haha 1

OK, last one from me for this week. I promise. I spent almost 2 hours on this montage of random matches between @Ugh first aid and me. She was Shulk, Link, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer and Ridley while I played as Villager, Ryu, Pichu, Bayonetta and Dark Pit. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Amazing vid, @Glen-i:bowdown:

I’m yet to really use the editing feature, will have to check it out once I get over my addiction to stage builder. Seriously... I can still see the UI whenever I close my eyes! :laughing: 

Send help! :heh: 

• Haha 3

Anyone think the Stage Builder needs a Copy function? It's really frustrating to have to draw every single object over and over again when you want to do multiples of something,

For example, I made a Native Fortress stage based on the level from the original Crash Bandicoot and wanted to have circular platforms which rotate, 

D4weixxWkAAdfKi.png

It would be helpful if I didn't have to draw out every single circle.

Edited by GenericAperson

1 hour ago, GenericAperson said:

Anyone think the Stage Builder needs a Copy function?

It’d certainly be helpful, and if they’re ever going to update stage builder (unlikely) then yeah, that’s something they should definitely look to add.

1 hour ago, GenericAperson said:

It would be helpful if I didn't have to draw out every single circle.

It’s actually not much of a problem if you’re just doing circular or square shapes though, especially by making use of the grid, or holding down the shoulder button when drawing to retain aspect ratio. If there was a copy function I’d only use it for freehand stuff I reckon, as it’s far more annoying to duplicate that than simple shapes.

The only thing better than playing Smash Bros. is playing Smash Bros. with friends, and the only thing better than that, is playing Smash Bros. with friends on custom stages!! :bouncy:
So with that in mind, I hope everyone enjoys this vid of N-E custom stage Smash Bros. shenanigans!:

Can't wait for the next session.
:peace:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 2

This stage was hilarious, Here's me as Greninja getting stuck in the logo for a good amount of time.

• Haha 2

I have to go with Pandemonium as my favourite. Couldn't concentrate through all the tears of laughter!

Great vid @RedShell!

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

This stage was hilarious, Here's me as Greninja getting stuck in the logo for a good amount of time.

That stage has been hilarious since the WiiU Smash!

Smart Bombs were better when the person who threw them could still get hurt...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

I was watching this video on recreated Super Smash Bros. stages and right near the start I saw the stage from the intro where you're fighting on the desk...

...weren't we fighting on that one on the Thursday the update launched? I was convinced that @RedShell or someone from here made it originally.

Unless it was a stage which had been downloaded and saved, either way it's a cool stage and I can't wait to try out more and try my hand at making some. :D

12 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

weren't we fighting on that one on the Thursday the update launched? I was convinced that @RedShell or someone from here made it originally.

We were indeed. :) Not one of mine though (I wish my stages got featured on GameXplain :hehe:) someone must have downloaded it from Smash World.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RedShell said:

We were indeed. :) Not one of mine though (I wish my stages got featured on GameXplain :hehe:someone must have downloaded it from Smash World.

That'd be me. It was really well made.

I would have downloaded a "Meta Cave" one as well, but they all kept making the mistake of having the drop through platform in the middle grabbable. Which is wrong and bad and wrong.

I'll have to check out that video. Even if it's impossible to have Orbital Gate Assault on Stage Builder, I really miss that stage.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Looks great guys, really gutted I missed that session. Will be sure to join this Thursday!

7 hours ago, markderoos said:

So, finally some new event-exclusive spirits! @Glen-i you must be thrilled with all the recent updates, I know I am!

If you're talking about the Persona Spirits, I've already got them all and leveled them up to 99.

The Igor Spirit fight was my favourite. Having to survive a Big Ridley team while you steadily get healed was an interesting fight.

Thinking of more stages to make in the Stage Builder and I came to the conclusion that Super Hexagon, the mobile game, would make for a bonkers Smash Bros stage:

D49Ug8cUIAApKvb.jpg

The entire stage rotates at a fast rate... so it's one of those manic ridiculous stages that would never be competitively legal, but just stupid fun... the only thing I couldn't mimic from the mobile game was having the platforms moving inwards and disappearing but rotating quickly was the closest thing I could do for it.

Oh, and just now I got done making Alpine Skyline from a Hat in Time to give my Hat Kid Mii Fighter a home stage of sorts.

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, markderoos said:

So, finally some new event-exclusive spirits! @Glen-i you must be thrilled with all the recent updates, I know I am!

Oh wait, I just saw the Labo Spirit announcement.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. It's been ages since the Super Mario Party one.

@RedShell, just saw your Complete Chaos video. I was wondering how you got 8 friends together but then realised they're all CPU's.

Just you wait until I make a montage of the matches at my community centre.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Just you wait until I make a montage of the matches at my community centre.

Looking forward to seeing that. :)

I was wondering how you got 8 friends together but then realised they're all CPU's.

You gunna take that [mention=182]RedShell[/mention]? He's calling you a friendless loser!

• Haha 3