NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Well, I've made three stages.

Are they balanced? Are they heck!

The ID for one of them is 1N28MPRM. In case someone is not on my friends list. (There's a filter in the search menu that lets you find stages made by friends)

• Thanks 2

So what's everyone's verdict on Joker? I played as him briefly this morning to notice everyone else was doing the same. So I've been playing as Kirby for most of the afternoon vs. a hell of a lot of Jokers and have been winning a lot :D

Edited by Tim B
Typo

He's not OP, that's for sure. He's a cool character, but not top-tier. I can't seem to find any advantage to play him other than the fact that he's a new character. And he's pretty cool, design wize. But I have to try him out in some online or local matches to see if I can get some fun combos with him.

Oh, and I like the fact that he gets a bit more powerful after being in play for a while (summoning his persona), kinda like Lucario who gets more powerful the higher percentage he has.

36 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The ID for one of them is 1N28MPRM. In case someone is not on my friends list. (There's a filter in the search menu that lets you find stages made by friends

Where do you get your stage ID from? :blank: 

Anyway, I’ve uploaded 2. A remake of Great Smash Ball, and something else... :heh: 

Glen-i, the new Great Smash Ball doesn’t play quite like the original I’m afraid, but on the plus side it’s now compatible with 8 player mode! :D 

So, custom stage N-E Smash session tonight? :hehe: 

3 minutes ago, Tim B said:

So what's everyone's verdict on Joker? I played as him briefly this morning to notice everyone else was doing the same. So I've been playing as Kirby for most of the afternoon vs. a hell of a lot of Jokers and have been winning a lot :D

He has severe problems with killing power normally, but once he gets that Persona out, he becomes very scary. That Neutral Special has a lot of nuance to it.

People who are good at landing counters will get the most out of Joker, because they'll be able to get his Persona out often. Which means I'll never be able to do that.

He also has a slide kick move, which makes him the fifth character with that I believe.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Where do you get your stage ID from? :blank: 

So, custom stage N-E Smash session tonight? :hehe: 

On the Shared Content screen, press X to bring up the search menu. Select Details and move the category right until you get to Creator and set the type to You. Then press A on one of your stages and it'll be on the right hand side.

And yes, custom stages to the max! It'll be proper jokes!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

I love the way Joker's final smash looks. It's incredibly stylish and one of the most impressive FS animations for sure.

Just now, Tim B said:

I love the way Joker's final smash looks. It's incredibly stylish and one of the most impressive FS animations for sure.

Have you tried winning a stock match with that Final Smash?

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Have you tried winning a stock match with that Final Smash?

No, I only played as Joker briefly. Everyone else is, so I thought I'd take advantage for the moment by playing as anyone else.

The game needs some censoring now. 

jIJ1AXY.jpg

QdEQCFP.jpg

n4IuHmj.jpg

Edited by MindFreak

Remember guys, you can report someone by selecting their user name on that screen.

• Thanks 1

Made a few stages, but since I don't have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription I can't share them or download any others. So, enjoy these stages you'll never get to play:

D4dBwR9UcAA-ofP.jpg

Fun story, Tetris Temple was also a stage I made on Brawl and the custom stage I remember most from that game. Admittedly I have tweaked the Undertale stage since to make it fit on all the whole stage but even so.

I have the idea of making custom stages for all the Mii Fighters that come from other franchises that don't already have a suitable existing stage, hence the Destiny Islands, Undertale and Anor Londo stages.

That said, they've got nothing on these stages...

D4cyr-TWkAA6ER9.png

Also, a few funny tweets I've seen about Joker's update

Edited by GenericAperson
  • Like 1

Funnily enough, Stage Builder can be a force of hilarity if used right, as we confirmed over in the Smash Online Thread.

Here are the stages I've made so far.

D4eS1tMU0AAzvP8.jpg:large     D4eS6PPUUAEKlGr.jpg:large

D4eS-E2UUAAL8Yn.jpg:large

Spoiler Alert: That Last Thumbnail is a lie

• Like 1

How do you retrieve your code? I can't find it anymore. I made a simple level.

Edit: And yes, stage builder brought me back haha. it was a surprise, as I wasn't online at all yesterday, and when I woke up today it was available. First time in months I started the game again.. I hadn't even seen Piranha plant. Had a quick go with him and Joker in classic mode.

Edited by Sméagol

6 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

How do you retrieve your code? I can't find it anymore. I made a simple level.

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

On the Shared Content screen, press X to bring up the search menu. Select Details and move the category right until you get to Creator and set the type to You. Then press A on one of your stages and it'll be on the right hand side.

Is it "GOOOOAL!!!"? Because I like that a lot! I gave it a "Yeah" (Miiverse yeahs live on!)

On the screen that shows your code, there's a "Share" button that automatically takes a snapshot and takes you to the "Post to Social Media" section of the Switch Menu. It's very slick.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is it "GOOOOAL!!!"? Because I like that a lot!

On the screen that shows your code, there's a "Share" button that automatically takes a snapshot and takes you to the "Post to Social Media" section of the Switch Menu. It's very slick.

I did share it obviously, so the button doesn't work anymore. But I can't find it in my tweets (if it's supposed to make a tweet) or in my images folder.

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I did share it obviously, so the button doesn't work anymore. But I can't find it in my tweets (if it's supposed to make a tweet) or in my images folder.

Are you talking about the Post Button? Different thing.

If you look at some of the more inappropriate stages posted above, you'll notice a "Share" button in the bottom right corner. That's how you post them to Social Media.

Edited by Glen-i

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

At you talking about the Post Button? Different thing.

If you look at some of the more inappropriate stages posted above, you'll notice a "Share" button in the bottom right corner. That's how you post them to Social Media.

K, thanks, found it! Problem was that I couldn't find my own level amongst them initially.

Probably need to tweak this one:

• Like 1

Decided to finally attempt the last lot of characters.

How I pulled it off with Incineroar, I'll never know...

21 out of 73 characters were a success on my first attempt. Not bad.

I'll be trying to improve that, of course.

• Like 1

Some new stages I've made:

D4jMM6EVUAAc7GV?format=jpg&name=small

D4jMQK-U0AAjjZn?format=jpg&name=small

D4jMS5WVUAAIqmJ?format=jpg&name=small

D4jMWK6UYAE2B3J?format=jpg&name=small

:peace:

That DK themed one can absolutely tank the frame rate! (Nintendo clearly didn't anticipate my craziness :laughing:) Can't wait to try it online! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Here's one I made earlier.

D4mXYdCUIAY_kG5.jpg

It's not utterly hilarious like my others, but there's nothing wrong with making a nice normal custom stage now and again.

Anyway, here's a hilarious one.

D4mfjjGUUAAnh0I.jpg:large

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tim B said:

I only want to play dirty stages.

Well, the first one I posted in my previous post was mostly made with the dirt material.

• Haha 1

Has anyone tried using the new "Edit Video" feature? Because it's awesome.

I made a quick video (with some help from @Ugh first aid, who controlled King K.Rool).
Forget "Avengers: whatever it's called" Here's the hero movie you need to see.

D4o4EDTUYAAe_J8.jpg

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 2