NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I've only just realised that at some point, I've gotten every Spirit. You'd think there'd be a milestone for that, but...
I'm running out of stuff to do on the Single Player side. (Still begrudgingly working toward that 200 online match challenge) I hope that April update gives us a Boss Rush mode. I'd play that forever!

Dunno how I pulled that one off. I always feel like i'm playing super clumsily whenever I play as Diddy. Guarantee I flop on Lucas' route next, despite him being one of my favourite characters.
Either way, that's 11 successes out of 39 characters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The video below suggests that Home Run Contest and Stage Builder are on their way, possibly version 3.0.

• Like 2

Been playing Sonic a lot over the last week. In Ultimate he seems to be a lot more the character I wanted him to be when Brawl came out. He fights like I want a sonic to fight, all about speed, timing, movement - getting your opponents frustrated by how fast you move. A lot of fun, though I've got to get a lot more practice in on confirming kills.

Generally this game has been exceptional in characterising all the move sets. Megaman and Mario feel like Megaman and Mario, heavy boss characters feel like boss characters. What a game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Come on Stage Builder! :bouncy:

Then this can truly become the Ultimate Smash Bros. :cool: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Come on Stage Builder! :bouncy:

Then this can truly become the Ultimate Smash Bros. :cool: 

Well, one massive step closer at least.

I still want boss rush and have a hopeless dream of secret best side mode Smash Run coming back.

But I (and a lot of the community centre kids) do miss that Great Smash Ball stage...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

secret best side mode Smash Run

Oh man, Smash Run was great. Spent lots of time playing it on 3DS. :) The Wii U alternative mode (board game whatever) was absolutely shocking in comparison. :shakehead So yeah, if they’re bringing more stuff back then that would definitely be another good choice.

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

But I (and a lot of the community centre kids) do miss that Great Smash Ball stage...

Well, it’ll be the very first stage I recreate if we do indeed get a builder with similar tools, so hopefully it’ll also still be possible to share stages over the internet too. Can’t remember for sure now, but was it done via Miiverse before? :hmm: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Well, it’ll be the very first stage I recreate if we do indeed get a builder with similar tools, so hopefully it’ll also still be possible to share stages over the internet too. Can’t remember for sure now, but was it done via Miiverse before? :hmm: 

You're right, it was done through Miiverse for public sharing, but you could send stages, snapshots and replays directly to your friends within the game.

If I have to bet money on it, I'd put it on it being done through the upcoming Smash Bros section on the Switch Online App. (Assuming Stage Builder is in)

• Like 1

Haven't been on this in ages, other games have taken my attention.

I'll probably go back to Smash when Joker gets added as DLC.

On 01/03/2019 at 8:32 PM, Glen-i said:

Zero Suit Samus's Classic route involves having to beat 6 Little Macs on the fight before the final boss...

HA HA HA HA HA! NOPE!

That's a whole new level of hopeless 9.9 runs!

You know, I just tried to do this... and the Little Macs were the easiest part of the whole run. Seriously, Side+B and Up+B makes mincemeat out of them. I won 1.1 for defeating them (and then lost to the hands, leaving me with 9.8 at the end).

What is it about the Macs that gives you a hard time?

13 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Better to switch to Windows. 

On a serious note, i Just tried Pirahna Plant (yeah, I've not been smashing in quite a long time) and I love it! Perfectly weird for Smash, and I like the care and detail they've put into the character.

It makes me even mote optimistic about the future DLC characters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

You know, I just tried to do this... and the Little Macs were the easiest part of the whole run. Seriously, Side+B and Up+B makes mincemeat out of them. I won 1.1 for defeating them (and then lost to the hands, leaving me with 9.8 at the end).

I can normally get a hit in, but then the other 2 would completely muller me and before I knew it, I had 60% damage and then about 10 seconds later, I was dead.

I died twice on that one stage.

I haven't actually attempted it more than once, because I'm going through each character with one attempt, so I will go back and attempt some failures in the future.

• Like 1

I've been on a bit of a roll with 9.9 runs today. 4 out of 6 runs were successful. Messed up with Lucas on Round 6 (I knew I would...) and I was so close with Olimar on the final boss.

Shout out to @LazyBoy for inadvertently making me more annoying with Sonic yesterday. The CPU's just can't handle those Down B combos! So thanks for that!

So that's 15 out of 45 now.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3

Seems like the render for Joker has been leaked via a Best Buy ad.

Spoiler

Looks nice.

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Seems like the render for Joker has been leaked via a Best Buy ad.

In case anyone doesn't want to see it. (Reveal hidden contents)

Looks nice.

Speculation he could be released tomorrow. :hehe: It would be funny if they made him playable for only a few hours. :heh: 

Been a while since I updated my 9.9's.

4 successes out of 14 attempts. Not so hot, but broke my highest score twice, first with Mega Man and then a glorious 2 million with Ryu! I doubt I'll top that.

Funniest thing is, I'm rubbish at Street Fighter.

Down to the last row now. 12 characters left to attempt.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Waiting on Joker to be made DLC for the game before going back to the game. When Joker got announced I speculated that it would be around April time that he would be released, on the expectation that we would be getting a new DLC character every two months.

If that is accurate then I would expect that the second DLC character will be announced some time this month.

Not sure if this was already known, but a new mode has apparently been accidentally leaked in a recent commercial.

Spoiler

Pause right at the beginning, while the kid is picking up the controller. Check the screen, right next to the amiibo option:

...So, should I mention Redshell, or do we let him wait for the inevitable Direct?

Your friendly neighbourhood Intern strikes again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, that's a big woopsies.

Also that copy of the game hasn't even unlocked all the characters yet. Bunch of noobs.

I say wait. If he wants to find out, he'll find out.

Spoiler

"Barrels of Doom" will return in a blaze of unbalanced glory!

...Assuming they don't forget to provide an option for custom stages when playing with friends...

Edited by Glen-i
Phone auto corrects "noobs" to "boobs" Good to know...
  • Haha 1

Yay! :bouncy:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Assuming they don't forget to provide an option for custom stages when playing with friends...

This. :hmm: 

Hopefully they get it right. Our weekly Smash Bros. sessions could be getting even more crazy soon! :D 

That MUST have been intentional. Or the commercial was released a couple of weeks too early.

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bunch of noobs.

To be fair, the autocorrected version seemed appropriate, too.

11 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Or the commercial was released a couple of weeks too early.

I'm guessing that's the explanation. Seems like an obvious oversight otherwise.

• Haha 1

I want to pick up a Heavy for my regular rotation. Who do we reckon is the most fun of the heavys to play?

• Like 1

K. Rool seems to be a firm favourite.

I like Bowser though, he's a lot faster than he used to be.