NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Ok I just saved my first replay (cuz I finally got my first online wins haha) I converted it to video but when I go to the Switch's album the video is not there.

Now I reading online that I have to transfer file from SD card to my laptop and upload the old fashioned way....WTF Nintendo? The Switch has the ability to upload directly...it was bad enough they didn't activate the 30second capture for this :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Ok I just saved my first replay (cuz I finally got my first online wins haha) I converted it to video but when I go to the Switch's album the video is not there.

Now I reading online that I have to transfer file from SD card to my laptop and upload the old fashioned way....WTF Nintendo? The Switch has the ability to upload directly...it was bad enough they didn't activate the 30second capture for this :(

I so very much agree with this. Why remove the 30 second recording feature? A few times already I’ve wanted to use that but nope. And the save replay feature is only available in smash matches and no single player stuff. So many times I’ve wanted to save a decent combo I did but it’s lost forever. 

But I did do this just now

Ended up using Ganondorf and got to the hands already at 9.9 and didn’t need to use a continue. His side Smash is mega powerful. Almost did it with K. Rool too. 

• Like 4

While we're talking about classic mode, I was really disappointed there's literally just one bonus stage. May have always been the case (I forget) but still, makes it a bit bleh. And I'm sick of playing through the credits 😋

They're little things obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And I'm sick of playing through the credits 😋

That emoji makes me second guess what I'm about to say but I have to try...

You know you can press + to skip it, right?

Anyway, you're right to be disappointed by the Bonus stage.

It's the first Smash to only have one.

Granted, WiiU's Classic had none.

Brawl had 5 depending on the difficulty level.

Melee had 25 (One for each character)

64 had 24 (Two for each character) plus Race to the Finish.

Edited by Glen-i

I love the credits minigame! It’s just so damn hyper, it makes me want a full shmup game like that. :grin: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

I love the credits minigame! It’s just so damn hyper, it makes me want a full shmup game like that. :grin: 

It's definitely my favourite Smash Credits game. Helps that you get little rewards for doing it.

I tried a 9.9 run with Sheik, Zelda and Dr. Mario last night. Didn't pull it off with any of them. But I got a 9.6 with Dr. M with no continues. I could probably nail it with him.

Can't say the same for Sheik, I think I have to put her in my Hopeless tier along with Fox.

Yeah the rewards are why I keep doing it. 

The emoji was more to show that I'm sick of it but going to keep doing it for the swag.

• Haha 1

Finally got my 9.9, WOHOO :)

Managed it with Ganondorf, got to 9.9 before the bonus stage so had it going into the boss fight...sweating buckets I was haha.

Had to use two tickets also but it still counts :p

Check out @MokongX3M’s Tweet:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heh, Ganondorf is quite the popular one.

Haven't tried it with him yet. I'm up to Lucina in my "Go down the list and see who I can pull it off with".

Marth has a very hard route. There's a lot of giant characters that can quickly end you. It says a lot when his final boss (Rathalos) is probably the easiest part.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

:idea:

Clearly, this only means one thing...

Shovel Knight getting promoted to playable!

• Like 1

I went to a local tournament yesterday. My first time going to a competitive event. Despite some inevitable issues with the organisation (there wasn't much physical space available), I had a ton of fun, and felt like I learned a great deal.

For example, Incineroar is now officially my main. Ganondorf's great, and I might bust him out in the future, but in the stress of a competitive match, I keep using his Side-B to recover as though he's Incineroar. I also got some mileage out of Zelda, who I had to counter-pick against a Belmont.

Seeing as my internet situation is dire (I can't resort to an Ethernet cable), this turned out to be great venue to play competitively. Hopefully next time I'll be able to get out of pools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished all the Challenges over the weekend and I'm beyond chuffed. Fingers crossed Nintendo adds some new ones, alongside the DLC.

16 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

Finished all the Challenges over the weekend and I'm beyond chuffed. Fingers crossed Nintendo adds some new ones, alongside the DLC.

You know, out of all the things I love about Ultimate, there are three things that I think it falls flat on.

- Those challenges are probably the easiest to complete out of Brawl, WiiU, 3DS and Ultimate. 9.9 Classic isn't easy, sure, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when I had that done in less than a month. It took me more than a year to beat WiiU's Classic.

- Outside of Spirits and Classic, there's so little that captures my interest. 3DS had Smash Run, WiiU had Crazy Orders, Brawl had Boss Rush. Ultimate has... Um?

- I hate the air dodge in this game. It's so useless. It's not as horrible as Melee, but still.

Also, Master Core is still the best boss in Smash history.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

- Those challenges are probably the easiest to complete out of Brawl, WiiU, 3DS and Ultimate. 9.9 Classic isn't easy, sure, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when I had that done in less than a month. It took me more than a year to beat WiiU's Classic.

If you hadn't spent a year doing that, it may have taken longer for you to pull it off on Switch. Sure, it's probably easier but it requires training and overall, the training from previous versions extends to Ultimate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

there are three things that I think it falls flat on

I can definitely think of another thing. ;)
:cry:

I'm still amazed it didn't make the cut. I mean they literally could've just included Smash 4's stage builder. :blank:

The notes for the latest patch have been released.

・You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
Select the Spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO'd.

・The below Spirits will now appear in the Shop.
 ・Partner Pikachu
 ・Partner Eevee
 ・Dice Block
 ・River Survival
 ・Golden Dash Mushroom

・Adjusted the calculation method for Global Smash Power.
*Online play requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.

GENERAL
・Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
*Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date. 
・Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to Short Hop.
・Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates' KOs when Team Attack was On.
・Game-balance adjustments. You can see which fighters had specific adjustments on the official website. 
・Various gameplay fixes.

Also, be wary of this...

Nintendo added Piranha Plant to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tonight. It’s not just a new playable character, as it can also be used across various game modes. However, you may want to hold off on playing as Piranha Plant in one specific mode.

We’re hearing that save data may become corrupt after going through All-Star Mode with the latest roster addition. It’s currently unclear why this is happening, but multiple player reports are out there. Nintendo will likely be preparing a fix very soon, so it’d be best to hold off until a patch is made available.

• Thanks 4

Pleasantly surprised by the news of Co-op Spirit Board. That's a pretty cool addition.

• Like 1

How/where do you use the green lunchbox things? The support boxes that say stuff like "no items" on them? I must have about a thousand of them now, but haven't seen an option to apply them to anything?

Also, why does your character sparkle during a match? I don't mean when they get a full Smash meter, but before that, they sparkle and I don't know what it means.

13 minutes ago, bob said:

Also, why does your character sparkle during a match? I don't mean when they get a full Smash meter, but before that, they sparkle and I don't know what it means.

Vampires in the sun?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bob said:

How/where do you use the green lunchbox things? The support boxes that say stuff like "no items" on them? I must have about a thousand of them now, but haven't seen an option to apply them to anything?

They can be used on the spirit board. You should see it as an option to the right before you go into the character select screen.

Characters "sparkling" means they have a spirit equipped with a power which enhances them e.g. increased speed.

• Like 1

Piranha Plant is just hilarious. :laughing:
Really fun character to use, but it feels like the specials will take some getting used to. Down B is especially weird as it's kind of counter-intuitive, pretty versatile though as you can modify the power and angle. Neutral B is very handy for defending the edge. Side B doesn't seem so great but Up B is absolutely nuts, crazy recovery distance! :hehe:

Still a ridiculous character choice, but they really have made it work. :cool: