NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

8 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Can anyone help me with Classic mode, the best I can get is King K Rool with 9.8 and I really want to complete the challenge. What are the factors that dictate how much the difficulty increases after each fight?

In my experience, speed was the main factor. Taking no damage would work as well but that was bloody hard sp that's only a bonus. Also, don't use tickets. If you die, you start over.

7 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

Can anyone help me with Classic mode, the best I can get is King K Rool with 9.8 and I really want to complete the challenge. What are the factors that dictate how much the difficulty increases after each fight?

Speed and Damage Taken, yes. If you get hurt more than 100%, the meter it will barely advance.

If you're determined to do it with K.Rool, I recommend using his meteor smashes (back air, down air) to end matches quickly. His opponents are easy to hit that way.

If you're up for trying someone else, Snake gets a lot of explosion-related items in his route, which help speed up the victories. Wolf also has a surprisingly easy path.

18 hours ago, MindFreak said:

In my experience, speed was the main factor. Taking no damage would work as well but that was bloody hard sp that's only a bonus. Also, don't use tickets. If you die, you start over.

Normally, this would be the case, but if you actually get the intensity to 9.9 before your first death, then use as many tickets as you need to finish the run.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Who do people think has the easiest path to 9.9? I'm not a particular fan of Snake...

I finished it pretty easily with Ike, and I've also done it with Cpt Falcon and Ganondorf. I pretty much just picked who I'm good with though..

6 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

Thanks guys! Who do people think has the easiest path to 9.9? I'm not a particular fan of Snake...

Besides Snake, I had a particularly easy time doing it with King K.Rool, Mega Man, Wolf and Ike. Kirby's route may also be worth a look-see (I did it when I first got the game and wasn't used to the physics yet, so I didn't get 9.9, but I recall the route being easy), as is Jigglypuff's (though I didn't actually try to get 9.9 with her).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Besides Snake, I had a particularly easy time doing it with King K.Rool, Mega Man, Wolf and Ike. Kirby's route may also be worth a look-see (I did it when I first got the game and wasn't used to the physics yet, so I didn't get 9.9, but I recall the route being easy), as is Jigglypuff's (though I didn't actually try to get 9.9 with her).

Thanks! I actually did it with Kirby last night purely to get the "5 recovery items" achievement and got a 9.8 by accident so this may be the easiest route!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/01/2019 at 3:41 PM, Rob3008 said:

Thanks! I actually did it with Kirby last night purely to get the "5 recovery items" achievement and got a 9.8 by accident so this may be the easiest route!

I was about to suggest Kirby, but do keep in mind, his route ends with Marx, who's a genuinely difficult fight on a 9.9 run.

Any character who ends with a Master Hand fight is probably not a good idea to go with. On 9.9 runs, they always have to fight Master and Crazy. Them two are easily the hardest boss in this game.

Master Core 9.0 on WiiU was still harder, mind. Now that was hard! I'm surprised it didn't show up in Ultimate.

On 18/01/2019 at 1:49 PM, Glen-i said:

I was about to suggest Kirby, but do keep in mind, his route ends with Marx, who's a genuinely difficult fight on a 9.9 run.

Any character who ends with a Master Hand fight is probably not a good idea to go with. On 9.9 runs, they always have to fight Master and Crazy. Them two are easily the hardest boss in this game.

Master Core 9.0 on WiiU was still harder, mind. Now that was hard! I'm surprised it didn't show up in Ultimate.

I'd argue Dracula is the hardest boss, followed by Ganon. The hands are tough, but at least they don't have any invulnerable parts to their body.

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I'd argue Dracula is the hardest boss, followed by Ganon. The hands are tough, but at least they don't have any invulnerable parts to their body.

Dracula only has an invulnerable body during the first phase, and that goes down pretty easily. I do find Ganon the second hardest boss though.

The big difference between Ganon/Dracula and the hands is that there's only one boss to focus on. If you're careful, they can also be somewhat read. Some of the hand's attacks come out lightning fast and if you're unlucky, you can get a horrible combination of attacks that's near impossible to dodge. (Just try dodging Master's five fireball-background punch combo while Crazy is flailing around the stage!)

• Thanks 1

I wish I was this good with Richter... Or just in general...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Nearing the end of World of Light. I’ve decided that any I have trouble with I’m just dropping the difficulty down as it’s less stressful that way. I had the worst time with some of the fights. Especially the one for Pauline. You’re on the old DK stage and have to beat Peach with DK and Mario helping. I think I only did it when Peach couldn’t get back in and floated down to the bottom of the stage. Other wise I kept running out of time or just giving up. 

I am enjoying it though. 

Give us Piranha Plant already you cowards!

And then Rick, of course.

• Thanks 1

I've not used 95% of the characters that are already in it, why do we need more!?

2 hours ago, bob said:
10 hours ago, Ashley said:

I've not used 95% of the characters that are already in it, why do we need more!?

Because the world doesn't revolve around your cowardice Bob.

• Haha 3

Sakurai had an interview with Famitsu.

There's a few bits of new information gleaned from it, such as...

- ARMS and Xenoblade 2 happened too late for a playable character spot.

- Decidueye was almost chosen as the Pokémon character.

- Zelda is an amalgamation of the Link to the Past design and the Link between Worlds one.

- Simon/Richter, Ridley and K.Rool were added because of the Smash 4 Ballot.

He made the right choice on Incineroar. I mean, I completely suck with him, but goofy taunting wrestler tiger oozes way more personality than Aloof Archer Owl.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sakurai had an interview with Famitsu.

There's a few bits of new information gleaned from it, such as...

- ARMS and Xenoblade 2 happened too late for a playable character spot.

- Decidueye was almost chosen as the Pokémon character.

- Zelda is an amalgamation of the Link to the Past design and the Link between Worlds one.

- Simon/Richter, Ridley and K.Rool were added because of the Smash 4 Ballot.

He made the right choice on Incineroar. I mean, I completely suck with him, but goofy taunting wrestler tiger oozes way more personality than Aloof Archer Owl.

I usually prefer smaller quick characters but I am enjoying the eye of the tiger. 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Arms came as DLC. 

2 hours ago, Tim B said:

What was the Smash 4 ballot?

Back during the WiiU and 3DS Smash Bros. Sakurai started a ballot where fans could vote for what character the last DLC spot should go to.

The character that got the most votes (and was realistically able to be in Smash, so no Goku and stuff like that) would be the last playable character for those games.

Bayonetta won.

I must say this is the most I've enjoyed Smash in years, definitely since the GameCube release. For some reason the Wii and Wii U versions both left me cold but this has really reignited my love for the franchise.

I've put in 50+ hours already (just into single player!) and I'm determined to clear all the challenges which is looking increasingly doable.

It's a shame the online is so laggy and damn near unplayable at times, particularly in handheld mode. I'm using the hammers to break the Online challenges as I just don't have the patience to sit through 200+ online matches.

• Like 1

What exactly is the timer for the Spirit Adventure measuring? It claims I've played for 80 hours, but I don't think I've turned my Switch on for that long since I got it, so it can't be that...

13 hours ago, Rob3008 said:

I must say this is the most I've enjoyed Smash in years, definitely since the GameCube release. For some reason the Wii and Wii U versions both left me cold

I agree with this. I’ve been enjoying the game a lot.

Just got this agonising but great achievement for myself. 

I think I’ll be able to get 9.9 with Dr. Mario if I don’t do it with anyone before then. It easily my best so far. 

• Like 1

So according to Radio Free Nintendo if you aren’t at 9.9 before the final boss fight, the maximum score you can get is 9.8. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

So according to Radio Free Nintendo if you aren’t at 9.9 before the final boss fight, the maximum score you can get is 9.8. 

That isn't true, there's been plenty of times where the final boss has gotten me to 9.9.

If you use a continue before getting to 9.9, then you can't get there.

• Like 2