NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

20 minutes ago, Kav said:

I just wanted the characters unlocked and all I now care about it Smashing, don’t care for other modes.

Wait ‘till they announce voice chat mode... ;)

• Haha 1

Finally got this today (been using my housemate's copy up until now) and oh boy did I forget how cringe-worthy that song is.

Jumped around the modes a bit.  What's with the desire to get 9.9 in classic (or whatever it's called)?  Other than it being the hardest obviously, but is there something to beating it?

30 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Jumped around the modes a bit.  What's with the desire to get 9.9 in classic (or whatever it's called)?  Other than it being the hardest obviously, but is there something to beating it?

It's one of the many challenges that needs unlocking.

Speaking of beating 9.9 classic. I just came here to say that I just beat 9.9 classic with Captian Falcon... I forgot to screenshot the mural but I got one of the challenge board which i'll edit in later.

Edited by martinist
because i said so

55 minutes ago, martinist said:

Speaking of beating 9.9 classic. I just came here to say that I just beat 9.9 classic with Captian Falcon... I forgot to screamshot the mural but I got one of the challenge board which i'll edit in later.

Why not just take a picture of the Classic Mode Character select screen with Captain Falcon highlighted?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Sure, it's a challenge you have to do. (You can't use a Golden Hammer on it)

But the higher the difficulty when you beat Classic, the better the rewards you get (Money, Spirits, Snacks, etc).

And for me personally, I just like trying to do it with every character. Shows me how competent I am with various characters. And how much I suck with Fox.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Why not just take a picture of the Classic Mode Character select screen with Captain Falcon highlighted?

DvnEzzRUcAAPt9j.jpg:large

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's one of the many challenges that needs unlocking.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sure, it's a challenge you have to do. (You can't use a Golden Hammer on it)

But the higher the difficulty when you beat Classic, the better the rewards you get (Money, Spirits, Snacks, etc).

And for me personally, I just like trying to do it with every character. Shows me how competent I am with various characters. And how much I suck with Fox.

So it's just a skills test then? Cool. I'm sure I'll give it a go at some point but I already know I'm not very skilled. 

From what I've noticed, if you use a continue of any kind in Classic Mode, the game doesn't add nearly as much difficulty points as before and as a result it becomes impossible to reach 9.9 difficulty even when starting at 5.0.

So it looks like you have to beat Classic Mode starting at 5.0 without dying in order to reach 9.9. Found out as much when trying it for myself, a few tickets may have been wasted...

This game is just fantastic.

Reminds me when I was younger playing through Melee. Everything about it - characters, stages and the modes make it all seem fresh.

I missed out on Brawl but played 4. I hated that game as I found the single player really dull with hardly any substance.

Ive been playing classic, world of light, spirit board and online. Having fun with this. The comparison with Smash 4 is night and day.

I'm pretty average at the game but getting better. I managed to 7.5 on classic with ganondorf - an achievement! 

• Like 6

And now, a couple of silly things I found:

As well as each character's reaction to superspicy curry:

1f6.jpg

I can't even single out a single one, they're all funny in so many different ways. The attention to detail is remarkable.

• Haha 4

Just a note to anyone who goes online: If you're the kind of person whose reportoire involves using one attack over and over again, 90% of the time. You're the worst kind of Smash player and you're an utterly boring to fight.

@Ugh first aid and I team up whenever I decide to play online and we inevitably end up just using themed teams. Including Roy and Roy (Not the same character), Team Swimsuit and Bayo 1 meets Bayo 2.

• Thanks 1

My copy of Smash didn't come with any sort of code or scratch off thingy. How do I register it so that I can get the plant?

34 minutes ago, bob said:

My copy of Smash didn't come with any sort of code or scratch off thingy. How do I register it so that I can get the plant?

On the main menu, highlight the Smash icon and click +. There you should see something about My Nintendo or Register Game or something like that.

• Like 1

On the main menu, highlight the Smash icon and click +. There you should see something about My Nintendo or Register Game or something like that.
Of course! Cheers mate.
  • Like 1

Decided to pick it up and played a few games. Going through the adventure mode with the original 8 before venturing out into the rest of the game really liking the game so far. 

It is a bit depressing unlocking all these characters I know i'm never going to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone got or tried the wireless GameCube controller?
Does it work well with other Switch games also?

I'm tempted to pick one up...only down side I can see without having used it is it needs AA batteries and doesn't have it's own rechargable one like a pro controller

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/gamecube-wireless-controller-for-nintendo-switch-–-black/p/169228

7 hours ago, Mokong said:

Has anyone got or tried the wireless GameCube controller?
Does it work well with other Switch games also?

I'm tempted to pick one up...only down side I can see without having used it is it needs AA batteries and doesn't have it's own rechargable one like a pro controller

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/gamecube-wireless-controller-for-nintendo-switch-–-black/p/169228

I've got one and I'm loving it. Haven't tried it with any other Switch games yet, but it feels just like the original Cube controller, except that it doesn't have rumble. Nice to not be tethered to the console/dock with a wire, though. The console treats it as if it's a pro controller. Would have been nice if it had a rechargeable battery pack, but it has a long battery life (yonks longer than a PS4 pad!) so if you just get a couple of rechargeable AAs, you won't need to worry much.

• Thanks 1

Thanks buddy, that enough for me, might try pass Smyth's after work tomorrow so :)

The official adaptor is in CEX in my hometown. It's £48 which is stupid but I do have a lot of GameCube controllers...

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

The official adaptor is in CEX in my hometown. It's £48 which is stupid but I do have a lot of GameCube controllers...

I've got a Wii U branded one spare, boxed, unopened if you're interested.

Spoiler

Strong rumours going round that there's going to be a Dragon Quest character in Smash Bros. Multiple leakers and hackers are claiming as such. If this turns out to be true I can understand and it makes a lot of sense.

If there is going to be Dragon Quest in Smash though will we have a similar situation music wise to Final Fantasy given that the Dragon Quest composer is very protective of his music?

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I've got a Wii U branded one spare, boxed, unopened if you're interested.

Ooh that'll be good. I'll message you tomorrow (as I'm just going to bed). 

I got this for Christmas and despite never having been that into Smash I'm really enjoying the World of Light mode so far. I'm about 13 hours in and I love how deep some of the references go, the presence of spirits from Another Code, Hotel Dusk and Nintendo Pocket Football Club have been my highlights so far, but the battle for Reyn's spirit was probably the best I've seen so far in terms of making the fighter act like the spirit - the constant taunting was hilarious.

How many spaces are there to clear? I'm not very good at Smash and even on easy some of the fights have seemed really difficult so I doubt I'll clear all of them but just wondering how many you need to clear to unlock all of the fighters and reach the last boss.

• Like 1