NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Nintendo store order arrived. They packed the Ridley Amiibo vertical so when they closed the closed they bent the package. :hmm: Good Job I'm planning on opening it.

Joker as DLC was pretty unexpected, hoping they add a Dragon Quest rep to tie in with DQXIS.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Nintendo store order arrived. They packed the Ridley Amiibo vertical so when they closed the closed they bent the package. :hmm: Good Job I'm planning on opening it.

Joker as DLC was pretty unexpected, hoping they add a Dragon Quest rep to tie in with DQXIS.

YES!

03_jade_main_toriyama-min.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How come Nintendo have Video Capture turned off on this? :(

• Angry 1

23 minutes ago, Mokong said:

How come Nintendo have Video Capture turned off on this? :(

No way!

Why’d they always insist on taking backward steps with game/social features?!

This is the perfect game for having video capture!!!

Yeah, they really need to activate the video feature in a future update. This is the most important game for video capture. Imagine how many funny moments you want to save when playing this game. To leave it out is just stupid.

• Like 1

What is going on? I've spent about 45 minutes on Century Smash with Link, one of my top fighters, and I cannot beat it! Got to 98 several times but always got hit with something and then, boom, away! Sometimes I even get knocked out after 50 because the real fighters that appear have much more punch to them than the rest. Really frustrating.

I don't think I'll be playing this in handheld mode. Doesn't seem like a good fit controllerwise. Might go for tabeltop mode with the Pro Controller but mostly I'll try to game on the TV.

1 hour ago, Kav said:

No way!

Why’d they always insist on taking backward steps with game/social features?!

This is the perfect game for having video capture!!!

Hoping it gets added soon. Let's Go Pikachu didn't allow video capture when I first got that but then it did next day. Hopefully this is same, I wanna flood my social media with vids of me getting beat :p

• Like 1

They probably want us to use that upload service to upload replays.

WoL is actually quite difficult at times, even on normal.

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Shall we gather for Whiskey and Smash tonight?

Yes!

• Like 1

I've so far unlocked Ness, Zelda, Inkling and failed a challenge for Bowser :p

Is it random which charcaters approach for challenge once a condition is meant or is it certain conditions for certain characters (trying to resist looking at any guides for as long as possible)

7 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I've so far unlocked Ness, Zelda, Inkling and failed a challenge for Bowser :p

Is it random which charcaters approach for challenge once a condition is meant or is it certain conditions for certain characters (trying to resist looking at any guides for as long as possible)

I've had about the same order as you. You seem you get certain characters from finishing Classic with specific characters.

First character I got was Sonic. Then Ness, Marth, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Inkling and then Shulk which I lost to

GOURMETCHRIST. Unlocking each fighter by doing three normal battles is a chinese torture. Is there really no one faster way? My health depends on it.

But I alrteady unlocked Inkling and Zelda, hehehe.

Do we have any chat for online play? Or is this the place? I'm gonna play some BF V with some buddies of mine in an hour, but I'll be ready for some smash after that.

Surely they have to release Persona 5 on switch if they going to bring that character in. And I'd be 100% up for it. 

So Smash Bros. I have not had a gaming marathon like that in years. I've had to stop cause I feel the onset of RSI. I started with the game at 9am and went pretty much solid through to 6. 

What a game. Split my time between random online battles and WoL. Ive unlocked Olimar, Pacman, Lucario, Falcon, Marth. Mostly played Link, Villager, and Marion, but just started with Olimar. Its so bloody addictive. And the hard mode is hard, Not consistently, but a couple key battles have taken me 20-30 attempts to beat. But games are so quick you just keep restarting. The sense of satisfaction when that slow-mo kicks in for the conclusive smash is incredible.

There's been incidents of lag, but largely online has been great. Quick to get you into battles, mostly 4 player, and the matchmaking seems really fair.

Or maybe Im just not very good and I'm on the bottom rung.

Either way loving it. Every battle you improve. 

-------

By the way, I'm happy to arrange a tournament for tonight if someone helpful can tell me how to set it all up.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Yes!

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

@Sméagol @Ike

Yes, Whisky and Smash tonlight, I'm definitely down for that. Now for the more important question: Smokey or smooth...? :p

Not quite the response I was expecting.. :p But yeah I'm in. But I dunno what or how, so somebody else with more experience with the game will have to suggest and set-up something. I'm assuming a tournament of some kind? 20:00 UK?

I just got home and only had an half hour with the game so far, so I want to check more stuff out first. Do a little more of adventure mode, and maybe try to do a classic mode as well. And figure out how I unlock my partner Eeevee spirit.. I have a normal Eevee spirit, must be coincidence? It doesn't look like a partner version though, and it hasn't shown up. Hmm.

I hoe you don't mind I'm absolutely terrible though, I forgot everything including controls, and lost the very first spirit fight I tried. Forgot how to jump while falling from the platform. :indeed: I skipped the last generation obviously, but I never played the 2 games before that much either. I'm still in Smash 64 mode. What are those fancy side special moves? They are confusing me. :laughing:

Edit: This is probably a good time to update the friend codes thread, which I'll do later.

Edited by Sméagol

I'm up for some Smash at 8PM if everyone else is playing.

You making a tournament or just opening a private room and having random matches?

So, I just created an arena that is 'public', so I think you can search for it, but you need a password to get in. Thats pretty easy right? Could someone try and find it and join to test? If it is as easy as it sounds we'll set a time for everyone to join in a bit.

The Arena name is: N-Europe C2WML [edit, got it wrong the first time, made an ass of myself]

The Password is :1230

p.s. My screen name in the game is WangJiLin

Edited by LazyBoy

Whats the arena ID?

I can't find it with just public. Comes up with the first 20 rooms or so

Not seeing anything if I just go to public arenas. Set the type to all the format to 1 on 1 the rules to any and spirits off.

Try 'Enter Arena ID' on the screen where you can also access 'Friends Arenas' or 'Public Arenas'