NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I don't believe it. Mainly because of the number of newcomers there. They said they'd slow down the pace of the reveals but this many characters will need to speed it up before the game launches. 

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

Do they ever not reveal characters before launch?

Yes, every Smash game to date has kept some secret. They tend to be the unlockable ones. (Except Snake and Sonic in Brawl, but that's understandable)

But seeing as every character is unlockable apart from the original 8 in this game, they're just throwing everyone out there.

EDIT:

54e4c6195715c8757bed7d7f8689634f.png

OK, whoever works for the Wendy's PR Twitter account is awesome.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

I haven't even heard of half the leaks. Am I too old? Or too young? No idea.

21 hours ago, bob said:

I haven't even heard of half the leaks. Am I too old? Or too young? No idea.

Oh, don't worry. The majority of them are utter crap posted by someone just looking for attention. This one I mentioned earlier just hasn't been debunked yet, which is not what normally happens. So it still could be legit.

Anyway, back to stuff that is definitely in Smash.

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Nikki

The host of Nintendo Letter Box on Nintendo 3DS family systems joins the battle. Her drawings all look very cute – but they still do serious damage, so be careful!

191_1.jpg

191_2.jpg

Out of all the new Assist Trophies, this one is my favourite so far. I do like my wacky ones and Nikki deserves it after almost losing her job because that's why we can't have nice things. At least Nintendo Letter Box can live on through this.

• Like 1

Smashing! Time to see whether that supposed leak is true or not. Exciting!

Spoiler

Living Room

This stage is based on the nintendogs games. Check out the antics of the animals in the background – a total of five different puppies and a cat.  Be careful not to get hit by the falling blocks while you're distracted by their cuteness!

193_1.jpg

193_3.jpg

One of many 3DS stages that help to elevate the 3DS version over the WiiU one in my opinion. The randomly falling toys make for some hilarious shenanigans. This stage is the reason "Bath Time" got a remix in Smash 4 BTW.

EDIT: 40 minutes? Is that the longest Smash focused Direct ever? That gives a little credibility to the leak.

Edited by Glen-i

At first I was like, why do they have to reveal everything about a game before release. Then I realised, news of any unannounced new characters would be all over the internet about 32 minutes after the game releases (or more likely a few days before) so they might as well announce ahead of time and make a big fuss.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

At first I was like, why do they have to reveal everything about a game before release. Then I realised, news of any unannounced new characters would be all over the internet about 32 minutes after the game releases (or more likely a few days before) so they might as well announce ahead of time and make a big fuss.

There it is. It's just the world of gaming we live in. As soon as review copies get sent out. Everything's gonna be revealed.

The one thing I think we won't get told is all the songs that are in the soundtrack. I love a lot of the Smash remixes and enjoy collecting the CD's and slowly discovering it all in the desperate hope that something from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon gets in.

This time guys, I've got a good feeling about it. They're gonna put in something from GO instead, aren't they?

So should we get a new thread going for the Direct discussion, or should we just keep it in this thread seeing as it is a Smash focused Direct?

1 hour ago, ArtMediocre said:

So should we get a new thread going for the Direct discussion, or should we just keep it in this thread seeing as it is a Smash focused Direct?

Probably best to keep the discussion here.

One last pic of the day before all hell breaks loose.

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Klaptrap

Moving back and forth on the stage, Klaptrap jumps at the nearest fighter and repeatedly bites down. It may be small, but attacks from its strong jaws are dangerous!

196_1.jpg

196_2.jpg

I can't believe it took three games to get the first DK Assist Trophy! That second picture is the best contender for giving kids nightmares as well.

Anyway, here's the Direct. It starts at 2pm UK time.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 4

I can't imagine what they want to show for 40 minutes but then again, the last Direct was rather long as well and that was action packed and great!

Alright Mah Freaky Nyurper Smash Bitches!

Hop on this Hype train with me, for we are about to embark to Crazed-Cray Cray City which should take us about 3 hours from now!

Hold your hopes close to you and your fantasies even closer. Don't let go of that special one who you think you might see in ol' Cray Cray City and be sure to inhale the fumes coming from the steam vents for maximum hypage!

Geno, Shadow, Skull Kid, Woof Rat, Gruff Doggo, John Paul, Gravy McFlystone, Daft_Little, John Stacy MacAfee Donnel, Stance, GET IN HERE AND LET'S CRACK A COLD ONE!

Edited by Fused King
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

I absolutely love the Smash Directs.  I’ve also been able to remain spoiler free so far (or at least only reading officially confirmed characters, modes, etc).  More characters and more game modes would be fantastic.  I love the high value that goes into the videos for the character reveals.

So many characters I’d love to see included (mainly retro / N64 ones on my list mind). 

40 minutes as well, should be pretty comprehensive.  They’re throwing everything at this game!

Less than 10 minutes to go. Took my lunch break just now to make sure I get it all.

It's time to settle this leak in Smash!

I hate that they alter the stats of the characters. But that's just me, in Mario Kart 8 I play standard kart because that's how everyone is equal. So I won't use it - however, I like the Event battles so will definitely spend time on that.

Also "That's all the characters" in the beginning? I want to see it before I believe it.

So.. Piranha Plant is post-launch characeter - but is it one of the five confirmed DLC packs?