NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I almost want to get it just for that lovely box

I wonder if the art will change when more characters will be revealed. Don't need that box, I just need that art as a big-ass poster!

• Like 1

Didn't get the opportunity to comment yesterday, but let me just say, I'm super ecstatic to see Castlevania representation in Smash. And they already have the best version of Vampire Killer! (It's from Castlevania Judgement, a super "meh" game with a godly soundtrack)

I was never behind the idea of K.Rool coming to Smash, but I liked what I saw. I'm glad he's in.

Disappointed that Dark Samus is an echo fighter rather than having a full-fledged unique moveset, but I'm still glad to see her. Him. It. Salty about Chrom getting in before Lyn. Awakening gets its 3 protagonists, but Blazing Blade? Nooo...

11 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Haven’t seen anyone mention the Limited Edition bundle for the game yet? 

Screen_Shot_2018_08_08_at_12.18.54_PM.0.

It will include the game (obviously), a Nintendo GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros. edition, and a Nintendo GameCube Controller adapter. It will release on December 7th along with the standard edition of the game.

I was waiting for this! :yay:

Edited by Jonnas

Even though it's been a whole day since the reveal...The hype hasn't changed at all...Found an amusing picture that I felt would make a few people smile!
38801286_150473759176518_3333493705209282560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=fd5975d5b618a8a1051a0b81f9d332e0&oe=5BC6A8C1

PS. This is cute

Edited by Ugh first aid
  • Haha 6

Where’s the best place to pre-order? Smyths have it for £45, anyone else beating that?

Well, this looks promising for Golden Sun fans...

sAdvEEScxj9g1BrOI2Cip8Jb10QZ_udFtBNABSK1

...guess the hype train keeps a-chugging. 

• Thanks 1

I think that's reaching.

You could easily interpret that as any typical "Heroes fight evil dragon" scenario.

I love the crazy speculation that goes on after each Direct.

Subspace Emissary sequel incoming because Meta Knight fights Lucario in a throw-away half a second scene mixed in somewhere in the gameplay footage?

Skull Kid is the next newcomer because of the colour of thr chairs and cushion behind Sakurai?

Specific poses reveal Isaac and Karate Joe!?!

One of Sakurai's eyes looks a bit red and irritated so King K. Rool confirmed!

Some I can follow easier than others, but if Isaac and Karate Joe turn out to be true then Sakurai is truly a master at subte hints.

• Haha 2

Smyths Toys are selling the limited edition for a tenner cheaper (or £15 cheaper if you opt for C&C) than the Nintendo store. I've just pre-ordered in case anyone is interested.

Spoiler

Pokemon: Abra

Abra will ensnare a nearby fighter and teleport them to a random position on - or even off - the stage. Look out!

105_1.jpg

105_2.jpg

I can see plenty of silliness with that Pokémon.

Also, King K.Rool makes the printed press! For some reason...

IMzNgkn.jpg

Guess he is the second British made character, after all.

I like how the author blames Konami for Bomberman being an assist trophy and actually gives huge, effing spoilers about Metroid Prime.

Edited by Glen-i

40 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
  Pic of the day (Reveal hidden contents)

Pokemon: Abra

Abra will ensnare a nearby fighter and teleport them to a random position on - or even off - the stage. Look out!

105_1.jpg

105_2.jpg

I can see plenty of silliness with that Pokémon.

Also, King K.Rool makes the printed press! For some reason...

IMzNgkn.jpg

Guess he is the second British made character, after all.

I like how the author blames Konami for Bomberman being an assist trophy and actually gives huge, effing spoilers about Metroid Prime.

I think we're past the point where Metroid Prime spoilers are a thing to worry about given that in a few months time there will be married people who were born after the game was released.

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I think we're past the point where Metroid Prime spoilers are a thing to worry about given that in a few months time there will be married people who were born after the game was released.

Wait, what? You’re gonna get married @Ashley???

Congratulations man!!

7 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Wait, what? You’re gonna get married @Ashley???

Congratulations man!!

I'm just flattered that you think I'm 15 :p 

• Haha 3

Spoiler

Dracula's Castle

On this stage, various characters from throughout the Castlevania series will appear as guests, and you can get items by breaking the candles. Including new and classic tunes, this stage has 34 music tracks to listen to in total!

107_1.jpg

107_2.jpg

There's also a sample of DKC's "Gangplank Galleon" remix. It's done by ACE and has rapping in it. God help us all.

• Haha 1

So I just discovered this Tier List creator for Smash Ultimate. I suppose you could use it to show which characters you think are the best and so on...

But that's boring. I used it to help answer the important questions...

Like which Smashers are the best dancers!

XunKMvg.png

There! Now you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I take issue with that list. Fox should be a pretty sweet mover (assuming he learned his dad's sweet moves), King Dedede faceplants with alarming frequency, and I am confused as to why Doctor Mario dances worse than Plumber Mario.

Also, Robin, Corrin, Villager and Pokémon Trainer should totally be on "It depends".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I take issue with that list. Fox should be a pretty sweet mover (assuming he learned his dad's sweet moves), King Dedede faceplants with alarming frequency, and I am confused as to why Doctor Mario dances worse than Plumber Mario.

Also, Robin, Corrin, Villager and Pokémon Trainer should totally be on "It depends".

I'm glad someone is. I'm open to changing it. Provided I see reason enough to do so.

Let's start with Fox. I'm gonna need to see some proof his Dad has got sweet moves, because I couldn't find any.

As for Dedede, have you played any Kirby game where he's playable? The guy can move! Then again, everyone from the Kirby series can. Do they have nightly discoes on Pop Star or something? I firmly believe that diving attack is intentional. He's very heavy after all.

And Doctor Mario is one place below Mario for the same reason he can't jump as high or run as fast, the heavy Doctor coat. It states that's the reason in his Smash 4 trophy, so I'm gonna assume it would affect his dancing capabilities. It's the same reason Samus is one block lower than Zero-Suit Samus.

I can understand why you'd think the avatar characters should be in "It depends" I was considering it myself. But as far as Smash goes. Default Robin and Corrin are what represents them.

So I turned to Fire Emblem Warriors, which uses the same depictions. So Corrin's fancy footwork and Robin's slow movements are what helped me decide.

Red (I'm gonna call him Red, because that's who is) is completely anti-social and a right nerd. I really doubt he can pull off anything impressive.

Villager was a bit trickier to think of. Sure, it's meant to be the player. But no matter what you do, the best move they could pull off is the "Shrunk Shuffle" Which is a pretty decent move.

You (or anyone else) find me some proof someone is in the wrong place and I'll consider changing it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm glad someone is. I'm open to changing it. Provided I see reason enough to do so.

Let's start with Fox. I'm gonna need to see some proof his Dad has got sweet moves, because I couldn't find any.

As for Dedede, have you played any Kirby game where he's playable? The guy can move! Then again, everyone from the Kirby series can. Do they have nightly discoes on Pop Star or something? I firmly believe that diving attack is intentional. He's very heavy after all.

And Doctor Mario is one place below Mario for the same reason he can't jump as high or run as fast, the heavy Doctor coat. It states that's the reason in his Smash 4 trophy, so I'm gonna assume it would affect his dancing capabilities. It's the same reason Samus is one block lower than Zero-Suit Samus.

I can understand why you'd think the avatar characters should be in "It depends" I was considering it myself. But as far as Smash goes. Default Robin and Corrin are what represents them.

So I turned to Fire Emblem Warriors, which uses the same depictions. So Corrin's fancy footwork and Robin's slow movements are what helped me decide.

Red (I'm gonna call him Red, because that's who is) is completely anti-social and a right nerd. I really doubt he can pull off anything impressive.

Villager was a bit trickier to think of. Sure, it's meant to be the player. But no matter what you do, the best move they could pull off is the "Shrunk Shuffle" Which is a pretty decent move.

You (or anyone else) find me some proof someone is in the wrong place and I'll consider changing it.

My comment on Fox comes from James McCloud from the F-Zero series, who's supposed to be a human version of Fox's dad... but at the time I made the original comment, I was going off memory, and forgot his slip at the end. To complicate matters, Smash 4 removed tripping. I still propose moving Fox up one tier, but it's your call.

I'll take your word for Dedede. The fact that he faceplants on every fight is still suspicious, but if he dances, he dances.

ZS Samus moves very fast compared to armoured Samus, and the moves and flips she's got are very different, so the different tiers make sense. But Dr.Mario still has the same moves as Mario, including that breakdance for his down smash. Slower he might be, I don't think he'd drop a whole tier. He's even rid of the FLUDD.

Fair points on Robin&Corrin, but I think your bias is showing for Red. Fair point on him being a loner, though. By the way, is Leaf also an anti-social nerd?

I disagree on the Villager. My Mii regularly pulls off stuff I couldn't possibly do, but that doesn't affect the tier.

Also, I must ask: Why would Cloud refuse a dance? Dude dresses up like a prostitute to save Tifa (possibly to the point where he's sexier than her), but dancing is where he draws the line? Dubious. I mean, he has two left feet (he couldn't even march properly to the rhythm back in Juno), but he'd try. Just tell him it's a mini-game.

One more point to consider: does Young Link encompass the Oracle games? Because that Link learned the dances of Gorons and Subrosians. That has to count for something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

My comment on Fox comes from James McCloud from the F-Zero series, who's supposed to be a human version of Fox's dad... but at the time I made the original comment, I was going off memory, and forgot his slip at the end. To complicate matters, Smash 4 removed tripping. I still propose moving Fox up one tier, but it's your call.

I'll take your word for Dedede. The fact that he faceplants on every fight is still suspicious, but if he dances, he dances.

ZS Samus moves very fast compared to armoured Samus, and the moves and flips she's got are very different, so the different tiers make sense. But Dr.Mario still has the same moves as Mario, including that breakdance for his down smash. Slower he might be, I don't think he'd drop a whole tier. He's even rid of the FLUDD.

Fair points on Robin&Corrin, but I think your bias is showing for Red. Fair point on him being a loner, though. By the way, is Leaf also an anti-social nerd?

I disagree on the Villager. My Mii regularly pulls off stuff I couldn't possibly do, but that doesn't affect the tier.

Also, I must ask: Why would Cloud refuse a dance? Dude dresses up like a prostitute to save Tifa (possibly to the point where he's sexier than her), but dancing is where he draws the line? Dubious. I mean, he has two left feet (he couldn't even march properly to the rhythm back in Juno), but he'd try. Just tell him it's a mini-game.

One more point to consider: does Young Link encompass the Oracle games? Because that Link learned the dances of Gorons and Subrosians. That has to count for something.

Ah, F-Zero? I get where you're coming from. But it really isn't the same person... fox-guy(?) as Starfox James. That video was pretty great though.

I'm not convinced Dr. Mario would be able to pull off some of the stuff that Mario does in Dancing Stage: Mario Mix (The reason I put the three Mario Characters at the top where they are). Especially the awesome breakdancing sequence on the Bowser's Castle stage. He'd just trip over himself most of the time.

In every single appearance in a Pokémon game, Red never says a word. Sun and Moon even has Blue ask Red to introduce himself to the player. Not a peep from him. He doesn't even applaud when he loses in Smash. His Pokémon does, so he's a lot ruder than them. So he's definitely anti-social. And in his house, his only possessions are a TV, a bed, a PC and a Super Nintendo. Only nerds own a SNES.

Thankfully, the template I use doesn't include alternative character costumes. So I didn't have to worry about Leaf. Or Alph. Or the Koopalings. (phew!)

But you know what? @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid bought up similar points about Villager and Cloud. So I'm gonna conceed to that and swap them around a bit once I'm not on my phone on Thursday.

The Link from the Oracle games is definitely the same one from Link's Awakening. But Smash uses the OoT/MM one, which is canonically a different Link. So that doesn't have any bearing on the matter. Good memory though!

• Haha 1

Don't know if these are new:

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still disagree with you BTW @Glen-i.  Mega Man deserves to go up a tier for inventing the Mega Man Shuffle...

ChillySophisticatedCoypu-max-1mb.gif

He got dem 8 bit moves n’ grooves!

Also deserves to go up a notch for inventing Bullet Time...

e05.gif

He did it way before it was cool.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 3

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I still disagree with you BTW @Glen-i.  Mega Man deserves to go up a tier for inventing the Mega Man Shuffle...

ChillySophisticatedCoypu-max-1mb.gif

He got dem 8 bit moves n’ grooves!

Also deserves to go up a notch for inventing Bullet Time...

e05.gif

He did it way before it was cool.

We've been over this before.

Bullet Time isn't a dance move!

The Mega Man Shuffle literally consists of twitching your leg. That's a rubbish dance move!

Spoiler

Pokémon: Togedamaru

This Pokémon shoots sparks from it's body. You'll take severe damage if they hit you, so we recommend keeping your distance.

115_1.jpg

115_2.jpg

This looks similar to Dedenne in Smash 4, I wonder if that's been replaced? Anyone who knows their Pokémon will tell you that Togedamaru is never doing "Severe Damage" But that's Smash for you. The game where you can submerge a Charizard in water and it'll be A-OK...

Oh wait, that actually happened in that Pokémon Origins Anime, didn't it? Stupid anime...

Anyway, this week's music is a remix of menu screen music from Fire Emblem Heroes. It's officially titled "Gear up for..." and it's composed by Hiroki Morishita.

Hold up, is that the music with that Vic Reeves-like singer? Could it be!?

Awwww... It's not... Profound sadness...

Anyway, it's notable that this is music from a mobile game. Just as long as it's not Pokémon GO. Because that soundtrack is dreadful.

I swear, if PMD's soundtrack gets snubbed yet again in favour of the eardrum rugburn GO has to offer, I'm going to be very upset.

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Alucard

Alucard will attack nearby opponents with a flurry of slashes. As the son of Dracula, he can also turn into a bat and charge at opponents further away. By the way, when you read "DRACULA" backwards, you get...?

118_1.jpg

118_2.jpg

Can you believe someone in the character prediction thread actually predicted Alucard as a playable character? I still can't! They were almost right.