NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Spoiler

Assist Trophy: Krystal

In addition to attacking with her staff, Krystal also uses Ice Blast to freeze fighters. Don't underestimate her!

53_1.jpg

53_2.jpg

Such a bizarre Assist Trophy, given it's timing. How long has it been since Star Fox Adventures was relevant? Still, nice to see that game get a long overdue shout-out in Smash.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
  Pic of the day (Hide contents)

Assist Trophy: Krystal

In addition to attacking with her staff, Krystal also uses Ice Blast to freeze fighters. Don't underestimate her!

53_1.jpg

53_2.jpg

Such a bizarre Assist Trophy, given it's timing. How long has it been since Star Fox Adventures was relevant? Still, nice to see that game get a long overdue shout-out in Smash.

She was in Starfox Command tbf and the Duck Hunt duo shows Sakurai doesn't mind looking waaaay back.

57 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

She was in Starfox Command tbf and the Duck Hunt duo shows Sakurai doesn't mind looking waaaay back.

You know, if you don't put it in spoilers, it kinda defeats the purpose of it...

Spoiler

Star Fox Command is pretty damn old anyway, same console.

I'm not too surprised that Krystal is in there, but I'm surprised he chose now to do so.

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You know, if you don't put it in spoilers, it kinda defeats the purpose of it...

Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

Star Fox Command is pretty damn old anyway, same console.

I'm not too surprised that Krystal is in there, but I'm surprised he chose now to do so.

2006, not that old tbh, Duck Hunt was 1984, Game & Watch etc. The beauty of Smash is it spans all of Nintendo/gaming history so it's nice to get a mix of consoles/gens.

Edited by Ronnie

btw, I just have to give Sakurai credits to go with the original Ocarina of Time artstyle for Ganondorf. He looks bonkers!

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

9 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

btw, I just have to give Sakurai credits to go with the original Ocarina of Time artstyle for Ganondorf. He looks bonkers!

Yeah, this is low key my biggest surprise so far. Having almost each Zelda character be from a different game is really cool.

We've got BotW Link, Link Between Worlds Zelda, Wind Waker (And by extension, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) Toon Link, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf and Shiek, which is a weird mashup of Smash 4's and Hyrule Warriors design.
The only slip up is Young Link, who also uses Ocarina of Time. Could have used Majora's Mask for him...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

Is he wearing metal pants, leg warmers and metal thigh plates...?

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Gerudo Desert is a pretty cold place...

...wait...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Absolutely, all of these items were at the height of Gerudo fashion during the late Nineties.

It's all coming back into popularity now though, some twenty years on.

Ganondorf is a real trend-setter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh wait I've just noticed that he seems to actually be wearing a metal singlet that is a slightly different colour from his flesh.

So if I've got this right, hes wearing the black patterned all in one piece (or a top and matching bottom), with a metal singlet on top, with metal pants on top of that.  He's also got metal thigh plates, some goth as fuck knee pads, shoulder pads and hand pads and then also some random fabric at the end of his arms and legs.  Plus finishes it off with a cape.

Ganon is extra. Confirmed.

• Like 2

On 06/07/2018 at 9:13 AM, Glen-i said:

The only slip up is Young Link, who also uses Ocarina of Time. Could have used Majora's Mask for him...

Yup, shoulda based him off Majora's Mask and gave him moves based off the mask transformations, his Final Smash would have been using the Fierce Deity mask. Then at least we wouldn't have 3 Links with the same movesets. At least they changed Link 's move set a bit so he's not completely the same.

19 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yup, shoulda based him off Majora's Mask and gave him moves based off the mask transformations, his Final Smash would have been using the Fierce Deity mask. Then at least we wouldn't have 3 Links with the same movesets. At least they changed Link 's move set a bit so he's not completely the same.

Two of Toon Link's moves, (His Forward Smash and his Up Smash) are different as well.

Spoiler

Pokémon: Alolan Raichu

He rides his tail and rushes the enemy. Since he moves freely around the stage, Alolan Raichu may be a bit difficult to dodge.

63_1.jpg

I wonder why the description refers to it as a "he"? Is that strange? There's no visual difference between the genders of this Pokémon... Yeah, I've got nothing else on this.

Although there is a new Mega Man 4 Medley on the music page.

Spoiler

They seem to have started giving Pikachu a heart-shaped tail end for females, is there something similar for Not Gonna Raichu A Love Songs that it may be referring to?

That or the writer just defaulted to male.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:
  pics (or didn't happen) of the day (Reveal hidden contents)

They seem to have started giving Pikachu a heart-shaped tail end for females, is there something similar for Not Gonna Raichu A Love Songs that it may be referring to?

That or the writer just defaulted to male.

Spoiler

Normal Raichu has gender differences but Alolan Raichu doesn't, so it's definitely on the writer.

Spoiler

Moray Towers

This is a stage from the Splatoon and Splatoon 2 games. Look closely for Judd and Li'l Judd. Judd will raise the flag with the colour of the fighter or team currently in the lead.

69_1.jpg

69_2.jpg

69_3.jpg

I corrected the colour spelling there...

You know, I really don't like Moray Towers in Splatoon 2. Takes forever to get anywhere and it heavily favours sniping, which is the anti-thesis of fun.

Luckily, none of that applies to Smash, so maybe it can redeem itself here.

• Like 1

Spoiler

All that paint on a high rise without barriers is dangerous. Someone could get hurt. 

• Haha 2

Spoiler

Wily Castle

Hazards from the previous game for both Nintendo 3DS and WiiU will appear on this stage. The Yellow Devil will cause a big explosion when defeated, but the player who landed the final attack doesn't take any damage. Use this to your advantage!

71_1.jpg

71_2.jpg

This isn't well known, but the 3DS version of this stage has slightly different moving platform patterns to the WiiU one. This description is implying that the Switch one will be a combination of both. Which is cool.

Also, there's a music sample for a remix of Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3. I love me some unnecessary electric guitar!

EDIT: Also also, Palutena's Render on the website got updated. Her crown thingy is a little smaller.

Sakurai's latest column came with this awesome slammer against leakers.

He's right, you know.

Edited by Glen-i

I like how the first tweet mentions an "incredible reaction" but the only photo we see is a blank-faced Sakurai. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Pokémon: Bewear

Bewear's more ferocious than it looks, with slow movement speed offset by very powerful attacks.

74_1.jpg

74_2.jpg

Really got nothing much to say about this one. Although it does remind me that I have no idea what to except from the new playable Pokémon. I guessed Decidueye, because it would fill out the Fire-Water-Grass Triangle.

But then Ivysaur came back... Now I have no idea...

Spoiler

I suspect that dead Pikachu will turn up, but just as an assist trophy. 

Fair warning, this one has actual new information. It's nothing huge though, but it is cool.

Spoiler

Mii Fighter (Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner)

You can choose from the three types of Mii Fighter and select from a set of three specials for each type. You can also choose from 12 voice options!

Not gonna post the video because all the character videos have been available since E3. It's why I skip over posting stuff about the Characters.

But this one told us something. The Mii's have voices this time. And you can choose between 12. (I'm not sure if it's 6 per gender or 12 per gender though)

That's pretty damn cool. I hope they shout "YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!" like they do in Mario Kart.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Great Plateau Tower

This is the tower everyone visits first in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The top part of the tower can be destroyed after taking damage, but will come back eventually. You can spot a certain Old Man in the background, watching over the match...

76_1.jpg

76_2.jpg

If there was ever a game that I thought would get a travelling stage in Smash, I would have thought it'd be BOTW... Oh well, it's a nice enough stage. Even if it is a less complicated Luigi's Mansion.

• Thanks 1