NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

6 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Anyone managed to beat Giga Bowser and unlock him in WOL yet? 

Struggling with him!

I just beat him was struggling for ages probably close to an hour, in the end after I exhausted a number of fighter/spirit combinations I gave in and switched difficulty down from Normal to Easy :p

I have no shame!!!!!

The Yarn Yoshi spirit was also a tough one I did today. I was talking with someone yesterday who was having trouble with it and I thought I beat it already...but I must have been thinking of the Yoshi fighter unlock I guess :p

• Like 1

How the F do you beat the Andy spirit from Advance Wars in World of Light, I must have tried about 30-40 times

Edited by Ronnie

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

How the F do you beat the Andy spirit from Advance Wars in World of Light, I must have tried about 30-40 times

It's hard to give specific advice as you can customize your fighter to how it suits you. Have you been spending your points to upgrade your skills? Also, if a certain element of the fight is troubling you then try switching support spirits to help even the odds.

You could also leave it and come back once you're leveled up some more. Early on I struggled with a fight that had me tackle numerous metal Mega Man fighters. I came back later and destroyed it with a better setup and stronger spirits.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's hard to give specific advice as you can customize your fighter to how it suits you. Have you been spending your points to upgrade your skills? Also, if a certain element of the fight is troubling you then try switching support spirits to help even the odds.

You could also leave it and come back once you're leveled up some more. Early on I struggled with a fight that had me tackle numerous metal Mega Man fighters. I came back later and destroyed it with a better setup and stronger spirits.

Cheers, after what felt like the 47th attempt I finally beat them, only to be met with a blocked path. D'oh! I'll look around some more get skill points etc.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Haha 3

Spent many hours playing through Smash mode to unlock every character, i know there is an exploit which "can" work.  However, that felt cheap so played close to 70 matches* to unlock them

*Some characters including Chrom, Simon, Pichu, Little Mac and Cloud too multiple attempts.  Others i got on my 2nd shot, because the 1st i messed up by falling off the stage.

I may be addicted to the spirit board. I've been doing little else. I've only cleared classic with a few characters (while I've unlocked quite a few in the meantime), I have done only a couple online games (though that's also because I'm scared :p), and I have barely touched World of Light.

I just love waiting to see if anything familiar pops up, then try to fight it to add it to my collection. Some of the set-ups are hilarious. Probably most of them, but I'm not familiar with a lot of them, wish they explained the details of the set-up with some background info though.. 

Spoiler

You fight Zero Suit Samus. It was in luigi's Mansion, and the screen would occasionally flip upside down.

Spoiler

Donkey Kong and tons of very tiny Dark pits, and a Fly Swatter assist trophy slapping everyone indiscriminately. :laughing:

Spoiler

A Mii fighter dressed as Nia, with Inciniroar standing in for Dromarch. This on Gaur plain.

Spoiler

Pikachu who starts with a bomb-omb.

Spoiler

Captain Falcon with Rob standing in for Chibi. This in the Living room stage.

And tons more I already forgot.

While I love doing them, I also hate that they remind me certain games need sequels (or Switch ports) and certain characters need to be in Smash as more than a trophy spirit. Chibi of course.. Needs both a sequel and a Smash invitation. Another Code, Baten kaitos, Golden Sun, Magical Vacation, Disaster: day of crisis and Eternal Darkness all need sequels. Baten Kaitos and to lesser extent Golden Sun can also easily offer a character for the Smash roster. The miscellaneous catagory in the spirits list (everything at the end) is seriously a bit depressing to look at in that regard.

Anyway, I finally got my first legend spirit yesterday, Mecha Fiora. Maybe she'll help me with some of the tougher spirit challenges.

• Like 1

After around 20 hours playtime, World of Light is now complete. What a ride! Saying that, I finished with 99.67% completion, so I've missed a fight or two somewhere. Luckily you can mop up anything that you missed after the final boss.

There's so much to love about this mode. The customization, the fan service, the creativity of how the enemies fight and look, the various maps that pay homage to other franchises. Brilliant stuff.

While the ending was a bit flat and meh the actual lead up to the final battle is amazing. 

Spoiler

The little platforming section was great fun, as was the boss rush. However, the best bit was being able to control Master Hand and just unleash on all the copied fighters that were attacking you. So satisfying! 

• Like 2

Found the last two battles I was missing. On of them was a Tyranitar battle and the other was an optional big boss battle that I missed. WoL is 100% complete. I can now dip into some of the other modes that are on offer. :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting pretty obsessed with World of Light. I keep looking over at my Switch on my desk and thinking "fine, just another couple of spirit battles" *an hour passes* *puts Switch down* twenty minutes later I'm at it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I haven't tried Spirits Board yet, been pretty addicted to World of Light today. Am I able to unlock characters in Spirits Board? Got about 22 left to go and they're starting to kick my ass now!

11 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Can’t

stop

playing

World

of

Light

please

send

help

I would help you there but...

...I'm about to start playing some World of Light. :D

• Haha 2

Master Hand does the 

Spoiler

Switch finger snap.

There a Fire Emblem event tonight in Japan, what's the odds of them announcing a new Fire Emblem character DLC? :heh: Edit: oh, it's for Heroes.

The game has so many fighters I forget who's in the game. Just unlocked Peach totally forgetting she was in the game. :laughing:

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

The game has so many fighters I forget who's in the game. Just unlocked Peach totally forgetting she was in the game.

I had the same thought earlier, but with Luigi

• Angry 1

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I had the same thought earlier, but with Luigi

How can anyone forget Luigi?! :angry: lol

I had a crack at Classic mode this morning. It's quite fun. I like how things get mixed up depending on who you use.

I seen there was a challenge for beating it in 9.9 difficulty. I decided to try my luck with it but I wasn't hopeful as I've never been able to do that in past Smash games. Ah hour later and I managed to succeed!

DuH9A_QX4AArqg4?format=jpg&name=medium

Chuffed to bits. :yay:

• Like 5

Wow, incredible! (As the announcer in Melee would put it.) I have yet to even try that - who did you use? My best was with Link and then later Lucario but with Link, I couldn't get around the final boss to hit it. Lucario - I guess I was just rusty but all the fights there were teams against you making it hard to win with Nice Play to increase the bar enough.

55 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Wow, incredible! (As the announcer in Melee would put it.) I have yet to even try that - who did you use? My best was with Link and then later Lucario but with Link, I couldn't get around the final boss to hit it. Lucario - I guess I was just rusty but all the fights there were teams against you making it hard to win with Nice Play to increase the bar enough.

I used King K Rool. He's hard to knock off the edge and both his running smash attack and side smash attack do good amount of damage. Also, his final boss is pretty easy when compared to some of the others. I pretty much just spammed his standing up smash and then blocked when the boss attacked.

If I can do it then anyone can. Honestly, I'm pretty rubbish at Smash. 

• Thanks 3

I'll try that tactic later @Hero-of-Time, thanks for the tip! But at the moment, I'm obsessed with World of Light, that mode is so much fun (and really addicting)! It's the perfect game for my daily commute, as long as the challenge is not too hard, and collecting spirits is really, really fun! Can't understand this mode is the one everyone is complaining about.

• Like 1

Even good old Jim is enjoying Super Smash Bros.Ultimate... well, apart from the A.I. in it of course. :D

Personally, I like that the A.I. is almost borderline taunting you at times, it can get a little grating in some World of Light stages but I've yet to encounter any annoying ones.

I think I beat Giga Bowser on my second try, but then, that doesn't mean that I'm not going to have trouble with other spirits which others may have beaten easily.

In case anyone was wondering, at the start, I just went for the "Right" path, because I liked the look of the spirit battle and I don't think I've really doubled-back yet.

I'm just having a lot of fun and I've only been really playing in the evenings, so I've only put in 8 hours or so at the moment but I am playing every night.

So even after eight hours at work, getting home late and not starting playing until midnight? Does not matter... play for three hours straight. :p

I've caught up on sleep since but I just really enjoy this game, lack of sleep is worth it, at least in the very short term; I have a couple of days off so I'll play more later for sure. :peace:

• Like 1

I think Phoenix Wright and/or Professor Layton are good guesses for the DLC. There will likely be a female character in the remaining four as well, but who?

I still need Doom Guy. With Doom Eternal coming out, and Doom even being 25 years old.. Should've been a no-brainer. Somehow I think it's unlikely.

I got the Chorus Kids!

Spoiler

3 Jigglypuffs (of various sizes) who constantly use the move "sing". :laughing:

Also I forgot to mention.. Jigglypuff's classic mode is pretty fun for those who've been there since the 64 days. It's really classic mode. Only Smash 64 characters and stages (apart from the bonus stage), and boss is

Spoiler

Giant Donkey Kong

I have gotten various bosses now by the way, in classic mode, regardless of score / intensity I think.  But none so special as Link's boss.

• Like 1

I don't think Doom Guy is that unlikely tbh, though they may have to steer clear of the BFG for his final smash.

If Joker is any indication I can see a lot of the DLC characters being third party ones. Steve from Minecraft makes too much sense, even if everyone would rather have Banjo. Maybe both.