NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I’ll be playing WoL mostly; on the commute to/from work.

When I get online at home I don’t think I’ll be able to pull myself away from CoD Blackout just yet.

36 minutes ago, Kav said:

I’ll be playing WoL mostly

World of Light and Spirits is where most of my time will be spent. I doubt i'll bother much with the online side of things. I'm all about that loot grinding. :D 

Well, all of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stuff I ordered from the UK Nintendo Store has shipped.

I'm not going to hold out for early delivery, if it does arrive on Thursday though... is it even worth playing it before midnight?

Weren't there some accounts that got banned for playing it early even though they were legitimate retail copies?

I totally forgot that I'd ordered a new Gamecube controller from Nintendo, dispatched late last night so looks like I'll be getting something Smash related on Friday - still waiting until Christmas for the actual game though!

I think the first priority I'll be doing is unlocking all the characters. After all, you start out with only 8 of a 74 character roster and I presume you unlock them all in the official order as listed on the site.

I hope it's very easy to unlock the characters because my mains from previous games are all unlockables this time around (I started with Melee).

I've read on a couple of places that it takes an hour or so to unlock all the characters. I don't actually see how that's possible unless you're unlocking one every minute, but I guess we'll soon find out.

Spoiler

Midgar

Grab the Summon Materia to call forth powerful beings. If a Summon knocks out a fighter, the point is awarded to whoever grabbed the Summon Materia – so make sure it's you!

241_1.jpg

241_4.jpg

This stage rocks! Probably the best of the Smash 4 DLC stages. Bahamut ZERO never fails to cause utter panic. And that's with only 4-players, can you just imagine shoving 8 players into the mix? Well, I won't have to.

This week's music is a remix of "How to Play" from Super Smash Bros. Melee. Finally getting a remix after 3 games. It's done by Motoi Sakuraba.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Well, all of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stuff I ordered from the UK Nintendo Store has shipped.

I'm not going to hold out for early delivery, if it does arrive on Thursday though... is it even worth playing it before midnight?

Weren't there some accounts that got banned for playing it early even though they were legitimate retail copies?

They used 48 hour delivery so probably not.

I doubt Nintendo will ban the day before, it's probably due to people hacking their Switch more than Smash itself.

• Thanks 1

I'll play online for a little bit after midnight just to get the vibe, then pick up with WoL in the morning.

For those buying physical copies and wondering if they can play tomorrow, know that the digital version does an online check to see if you can play yet. May be that the physical version does the same.

• Thanks 1

I'll be getting a physical copy, and I'll be away during the weekend. So it'll be a few days before I get myself online.

Until then, here's my all-time favourite Smash video on Youtube. For that little bit of extra hype:

• Like 2

Pre-loaded this yesterday, the icon now sits on my home screen... taunting me. :laughing: 

I even ended up getting the fighters pass bundle! :eek: Watch every single one of those DLC characters be from Fire Emblem now. :heh: 

• Like 1

I've pre-ordered my physical copy yesterday. Was thinking about digital but for some reason Smash DS never clicked and I sold it later on. In the weird case that Ultimate doesn't click as well (loved Melee and Brawl) I can still sell it.

Anyway, my weekend is quite empty so I should be able to get some hours in!

Oh, and I guess spoiler tags as soon as it is out?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Oh, and I guess spoiler tags as soon as it is out?

Would be good, yeah. :) 

Outside of info from the Directs I’ve managed to stay spoiler-free so far. Hopefully there are still some surprises left to enjoy from actually playing the game. :grin: 

• Thanks 1

I know how much some of you love physical versions and miss manuals, so I thought I’d share that someone has very kindle made a high quality, comprehensive manual for the game. To give you a taste:

KtpJcXv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

uewRqIo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

9qecBjU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

qDMIikd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The manual in its entirety is free and available for printing here :) 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I've read on a couple of places that it takes an hour or so to unlock all the characters. I don't actually see how that's possible unless you're unlocking one every minute, but I guess we'll soon find out.

I imagine you’ll unlocks chunks of characters at a time, perhaps in groups per game for example..?

I know how much some of you love physical versions and miss manuals, so I thought I’d share that someone has very kindle made a high quality, comprehensive manual for the game. To give you a taste:
KtpJcXv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
uewRqIo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
9qecBjU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
qDMIikd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
The manual in its entirety is free and available for printing here  
Would be even better if it was in pdf format so I could actually put it on my Kindle.

Well this is a nice surprise. My copy was just dropped through my door. Excuse me while I play this all day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

[mention=229]bob[/mention], I combined it and compressed into a more manageable 30MB PDF-file. You can download it here  
https://we.tl/t-jKJZJtLIUQ 
TFW you make a poor joke about a typo, and someone else spends their valuable time doing something nice for you that you really don't deserve.

I guess I'm putting this on my Kindle then...
  • Haha 1

Reaction to the World of Light seems a bit mixed and it seems most review scores have been given out without trying the online mode. I'll probably jump into the classic mode first just to re-familiarise myself with things. Only a few hours to go and I'm busy until then. Can't wait!