NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

A reminder that @Ronnie posted the full version of that Box Art along with a ridiculously wide similarly hand drawn picture of every Smasher (And Mr. Saturn for some reason)

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I downloaded the press pack for this from Nintendo, about 900mb worth! Enormous high res renders of every new character portrait, with mind-boggling detail. Even more impressive, those group artworks, one of which is 20,000 pixels across. I've just spent a good 5-10 minutes zoomed in at 100% in awe...

Warning, huge files

Reveal hidden contents

42709033932_815893839f_o.png

40947781330_8f70a63a36_o.png

Worth noting that there was a version without Ridley, so it might not even be the complete picture yet.

Pic of the day is back!

Assist Trophy: Squid Sisters
Cameras get closer and closer to their live performance, limiting the space you have to battle. Don't get too lost in the music!

14_1.jpg 14_2_7.jpg 14_3.jpg

This trophy featured during E3 and it looks quite fun. The K.O lines slowly getting closer to the center is wild. One of those Assist Trophies that doesn't necessarily help anyone.
BTW, Sudden Death ditched the dropping bob-ombs for a more permanent version of what happens here.

Edited by Glen-i

A reminder that [mention=4353]Ronnie[/mention] posted the full version of that Box Art along with a ridiculously wide similarly hand drawn picture of every Smasher (And Mr. Saturn for some reason)
Worth noting that there was a version without Ridley, so it might not even be the complete picture yet.
Luigi ain't in that picture either. Poor Luigi.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Pic of the day is back!

Going forward, can these be put in spoiler tags? A bunch of stuff was spoiled the last time Nintendo done this. I'd prefer to find out about items and little details when the game releases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Going forward, can these be put in spoiler tags? A bunch of stuff was spoiled the last time Nintendo done this. I'd prefer to find out about items and little details when the game releases.

Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't tell him what to do. YOU'RE NOT HIS DAD!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Don't tell him what to do. YOU'RE NOT HIS DAD!

SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW MY FAMILY!

There's possibly a lovely little touch with Pit in this.

Spoiler

There's reports of his Star KO scream having him shout the "I never learned how to reeeeeeeead" line from uprising.

That would be wonderful.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at how low The Last of Us placed there.

Not surprised about Smash though. Nothing beats Smash Hype.

The Last of Us isn't really something I'd want to play under time constraints whilst being watched by dozens of other people. I'd rather wait and play it at home, maybe others feel the same?

Regardless this does look to be the ultimate version of Smash. Considering I now live with two other gamers it might be worthwhile picking up a Switch when this comes out. 

5 hours ago, somme said:

The Last of Us isn't really something I'd want to play under time constraints whilst being watched by dozens of other people. I'd rather wait and play it at home, maybe others feel the same?

Regardless this does look to be the ultimate version of Smash. Considering I now live with two other gamers it might be worthwhile picking up a Switch when this comes out. 

Yeah. I'd play it if I had some time and there wasn't much of a queue, but otherwise I'd just wait. 

Smash is more suited to a noisy time-limited place like E3.

On 12/06/2018 at 11:10 PM, Glen-i said:

And I didn't see if Robin's Final Smash changed, but I still think Chrom's chances are summed up best with...

maxresdefault.jpg

9a4.png

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

9a4.png

Awakening's story is immediately 1000 times better.

Pic of the day was just a link to the Ridley Challenger video. So I won't bother posting it.

Spoiler

19_3.jpg

Launch Star

If you touch the star, your fighter will be launched at high speed. Clever placement can lead to an easy KO.

They nicked the stupid gimmick of my "Barrels of Doom" custom level and made it an item. I love it!

I imagine there's a massive risk/reward aspect with this item. I bet it's utterly hilarious in 8-player Smash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Items like this and the fake smash ball make me more hyped for this game than a yellow brown skin for Peach with slightly adjusted moves.

Edited by markderoos
  • Haha 1

Is anyone else not the least bit fucked for this. It's weird, Melee is one of my favourite ever games ever but with every iteration I don't feel they've made a better game worthy of my time.

Is anyone else not the least bit fucked for this. It's weird, Melee is one of my favourite ever games ever but with every iteration I don't feel they've made a better game worthy of my time.
I'm kind of the same thb. It's because Melee was already perfect. All they can do is add more, more, more. More characters! More stages! More modes! But the base game never changes, so you aren't really improving on it, and I don't see how they can.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Not hyped yet but that will come once we’re closer to release. It’s Smash on the go and I really like that.

But I’m not extremely hyped for any game that was shown at E3. Looking forward to Mario Tennis after the demo two weeks ago though!

I’m really, really digging the new theme. Especially the epic choral section towards the end. It sounds relatively subdued when compared with 4’s, which I just gave another listen to, and everything seems subdued when compared to Brawl’s :D I think this is more than made up for, though, with what I feel is a more complex and nuanced track this time around. 

Just excellent work all around from what I’ve seen so far :bowdown:

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bob said:
12 hours ago, Sheikah said:

I'm kind of the same thb. It's because Melee was already perfect. All they can do is add more, more, more. More characters! More stages! More modes! But the base game never changes, so you aren't really improving on it, and I don't see how they can.

I agree. I will buy it but not too fussed. I see people on twitter saying its full of content. They also claim the Wii U game was full of content but I found that there was little to do in that game playing single player.

I found it a disappointment. The single player was dire. I hope this isn't.

• Thanks 1

I'll wait till they share details on modes before saying if I'm interested or not. All they talked about at E3 was the characters and items

Unless I get concrete confirmation that there is Break The Targets and they're all completely different for each character, then my money stays mine. 

• Like 1