NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 ( 12th Oct 2018 )

On 10/18/2018 at 11:48 AM, drahkon said:

Sitting at work and I just want to go home and play this :( 

THIS! It's been long since I've felt this kind of addiction to an FPS game, and I've not cared at all for CoD in years, but this brings me right back to MW2 and Black Ops 1. Such a thrill to play :D. I have trouble keeping up some times, and it's irritating to play against people who're prestige already and just completely annihilate my team with killstreaks. But it's still so much fun! 

And you get Blackout as well, which is the first Battle Royale I've felt I've got a chance to play and be good at. I had a great round where I got 6 kills and saved my team a bunch of times, but still no win. Gonna play some more Blackout this weekend, and just to be able to have pure CoD gameplay in such an open map is insane.

If any of you loved CoD back in the day, don't hesitate, this is a blast to play!

• Like 3

Traded in Battlefield 1, The Last of Us Remastered & Doom (Switch) for this, ended up paying £12 for it after trade-ins so I’m happy with that.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

Prestige 1 is mine :D 

An update came out today which apparently broke the looting in Blackout. Still haven't played it so I don't care, but people are angry - rightly so.

They also added a reward system similar to Fortnite's battle pass. In BlackOps 4 it's free for all. However, it is INSANELY slow to make progress. In 3 or 4 hours I've only reached tier 2 and there are 200 of them. The first "season" ends in 52 days meaning 4 tiers per day. No way I will do that.
Maybe progression being so slow is a bug, but I doubt it. I can see Activision planning to sell boosters soon. ::shrug: 

Anyway, this doesn't really bother me as the core game is just so much fun. I couldn't care less for some cosmetic items.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Had a go on this tonight with a mate, went on Hardcore first... which wasn’t good for me given my lack of map knowledge.

I pulled it back on Core though and started getting my streaks.

I tried Blackout too in Duos and we got a win, my mate died just as we made the top ten and I had to really concentrate to earn the win, sweaty thumbsticks by the end of it. Great fun!

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2

Reading the game's subreddit is hilarious. So many people complaining about the Black Market (progression system based on tiers you get by simply playing matches - rewards are cosmetics only). Apparently a lot of them don't find the game enjoyable anymore because Activision uses it to make money.

While I can agree that the publisher's actions are the worst, it's funny to me that people have less fun with the game in general just because of some cosmetics and the fact that it's almost impossible for the casual player to get them all. ::shrug:

I simply just play the game and enjoy it :D It's high-octane action in multiplayer, slower-paced tension in Blackout and just insanity in Zombies. 

• Like 2

Haven’t touched Multiplayer since the first time putting the game on, been on Blackout any time I’ve managed to get online - it is just so much fun!!!

I’m wanting to unlock the Firebreak skin in Blackout but every time I find the burnt doll, for the life of me, I can’t seem to find any molotovs! Haha

I do like the Crimson Lotus Seraph skin I’m rocking though.

Blackout is so much fun, I need to dive back into regular multiplayer though as that’s a blast too.

Two of my mates and I just completed the Easter Egg on IX.

HOLY SHIT. What an experience.

We tried it a couple of times before but never got particularly far (pretty much always about half way through; sometimes a little further). Today we tried it two times.

#1 - We failed four steps before the final boss.

#2 - After 2 hours and 36 minutes of non-stop-playtime (no pauses because it's still not possible...apparently Treyarch are working on that, though...hopefully we'll be able to pause online games of Zombies soon) and the boss was slain. 

We were stuck for two entire rounds on one single step because my mate couldn't get it done :laughing: You have to line up a shot perfectly but he just couldn't do it...it was the most dangerous situation in the entire match. High rounds are no joke...a constant onslaught of zombies. Eventually he managed to hit the shot. Took him two entire magazines (i.e. about 200 shots with the "wonderweapon") :D 

The remaining two steps and the boss fight were much, much easier.

The screams of joy and sighs of relief once the boss fell...this is why I love co-op games :peace: 

Well...on to the next map, I guess. It's supposed to be much more difficult, so...hurray? :laughing: 

Sign in to follow this