NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 ( 12th Oct 2018 )

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I just can't see how they can justify charging full price for a game that has a mode gutted from it and replaces it with a mode that is free elsewhere. No doubt it will still launch at the usual price.

Whereas I do agree to a point, I do think CoD is one of the best value for money games out there.

The standard CoD package of Campaign, Multi & Zombies is so filled with content.

Even swapping Campaign for BR, which might well be free elsewhere, it’s still a very meaty package!

Can we please keep all talk of very meaty packages to a minimum please.

11 minutes ago, Kav said:

Whereas I do agree to a point, I do think CoD is one of the best value for money games out there.

The standard CoD package of Campaign, Multi & Zombies is so filled with content.

Even swapping Campaign for BR, which might well be free elsewhere, it’s still a very meaty package!

I think Fornite has changed the game though. Its a free game that already has an insane amount of content and it constantly gets updates that are all free as well. I imagine all of these things are why the thing is one of the hottest games out there at the moment and has attracted millions of players. It seems CoD is trying to jump on the success of that but also get away with charging a premium.

Just realised that there was no mention of a Switch version of the game. I know it has been heavily hinted that one is on the way and that it would only feature the BR portion of the game. If this is true, I wonder what they are going to charge for that?

Eurogamer interview with Treyarch co-studio head Dan Bunting

There are some people who are already saying no campaign, no sale. What message do you have for them?

Dan Bunting: I think change is always going to be hard for people.

Lol, fuck off. People criticise you and all you have to say is "well, change is always going to be hard"? How much more condescending can you get?

All of this PR stuff is bullshit. They're trying to sell their decision to remove the campaign as "progress" but it's nothing more than cost reduction.

Edit: We can be sure that next year's CoD will have "NEW CAMPAIGN" as a huge headline and selling point :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 3

On 18/05/2018 at 8:28 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Just realised that there was no mention of a Switch version of the game. I know it has been heavily hinted that one is on the way and that it would only feature the BR portion of the game. If this is true, I wonder what they are going to charge for that?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I read that over the weekend but there are a few people in the know at Era that are adamant that CoD is coming to the Switch this year. Whether it's actually Black Ops 4 is another matter.

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I read that over the weekend but there are a few people in the know at Era that are adamant that CoD is coming to the Switch this year. Whether it's actually Black Ops 4 is another matter.

Bet it's this:

Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_Declassified_cove

But only via cloud. :p

• Haha 2

Well...downloading the beta. Will probably find some time to play tomorrow.

Wanna bet that it's awesome and I'll really like it? Wanna bet that I will buy it in October...

I hate myself. :( 

Nope.

Not feeling it, mainly because it's not Hardcore as always in a CoD beta. Probably won't get it unless I'll be able to give the Hardcore modes a try and see if I like them more.

I installed the beta, played for a couple of hours, and uninstalled the beta. Not feeling it at all. Might be because of all the Battlefield I've been playing lately. I'll have another go when the beta for the Battle Royale-portion comes out, but I'm pretty confident this is not something I'll bother playing. I feel pretty done with the run and gun-game style.

Blackout beta starts later today (closed).

I'm actually looking forward to trying it out. I've played the regular beta some more and it grew on me quite a bit.

Still undecided whether I'll go with Battlefield of CoD this year. ::shrug:

I tried the pre-order trick today, entered the GAME code after making my CoD account, but I've still got no beta key from the CoD website. It's as if they know I've cancelled the preorder already but others have had similar problems getting the key so either there's a hefty delay in them sending it or there's been a fuck up. 

Managed to play two matches, one solo (7th place), one squad (1st place) just now.

Really like it. The core mechanics I hate in "normal" multiplayer are perfect for Blackout. Map seems great from what I've seen so far. Each major location actually plays out like a "true" multiplayer map. Had a great final fight at the Construction site. 3v3v3. While my two mates distracted the enemies, I moved to a higher ground and picked off three. In the end it was us three versus only one. Easy :D 

I'll probably play this a lot over the next few days, if I find the time. Might swing me over to buy Black Ops 4.

Managed to get a solos win earlier. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it runs and the map size/variation is spot on. They should add another 20 players to the game if possible though.

At the same time, I'm not bowled over by it. Perhaps quads is more enjoyable when playing with friends, but I see myself getting Battlefield V over this. Even if BF didn't have a BR mode, I'd still prefer it. 

Edited by dwarf

Played a bit of Duos yesterday. Didn't get a win sadly, but it was insanely fun.

Couple of balance issues need to be adressed (Lv 3 Armor is too strong) but apparently the devs are on it.

Looks like it's yet another year with CoD for me :D 

I'll be checking it out when the open beta hits PC-platforms 15th of september. Looking forward to trying it out seeing as people say it is really, really great. The first beta did nothing for me, and I've really been enjoying Battlefield V, so it has a tough job to do to convince me from buying Battlefield this year. 

Double post, but this game released two days ago. I don't see any hype for it here, does that mean noone is getting it? I haven't really been that much interested, but with all the good reviews and videos online, I'm quite tempted to get it for PC.

3 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Double post, but this game released two days ago. I don't see any hype for it here, does that mean noone is getting it?

Got it on PS4.

Played 5 hours of multiplayer (Hardcore only) and it's an absolute blast. The gameplay makes up for the lack of a campaign. It's so much fun.

Zombies is very difficult I feel. My mate and I have made literally zero progress towards the easter egg/quests but it's still enjoyable :D 

Blackout I haven't touched, yet. Played it in the beta and had a lot of fun but so far multiplayer is keeping me busy.

• Thanks 1

Too bad you're not on PC @drahkon, I don't have any mates who own the game and playing with a good squad makes all the difference in a Battle Royale :D. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though, because I'm downloading the deluxe edition now. Looking forward to playing some multiplayer later.

Will there be cross-play in this game you reckon?

6 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Will there be cross-play in this game you reckon?

Not sure. With Sony recently allowing cross-play in Fortnite, it might be available with more games in the future. 

I don't know the current situation with XBox and PC regarding Black Ops 4, though.

Sitting at work and I just want to go home and play this :( 

Zombies is as convoluted as it has been for a long time now, it seems. I haven't checked how to complete the easter eggs but so far my mate and I have only found one step on two maps. :D I highly doubt we'll be able to figure this out. Especially as you still can't have one Zombie survive in a round in order to explore the map. People keep complaining about this and I hope Treyarch will change it.

Multiplayer - oh boy it's such a joy to play. Spawns are a little fucked sometimes. Apparently this is worse in Domination but I only play HCTDM so it's not as bad. Treyarch seems to be on it.

Speaking of the devs: They have been on fire with their transparency in post-launch development. They are active on reddit and post constant updates about their intended fixes/changes. It's awesome.

I may dive into Blackout today. It was great in the beta. I'm still scared that this mode might pull me away from the other two :D 

• Like 2

Sitting at work and I just want to go home and play this  
Zombies is as convoluted as it has been for a long time now, it seems. I haven't checked how to complete the easter eggs but so far my mate and I have only found one step on two maps.  I highly doubt we'll be able to figure this out. Especially as you still can't have one Zombie survive in a round in order to explore the map. People keep complaining about this and I hope Treyarch will change it.
Multiplayer - oh boy it's such a joy to play. Spawns are a little fucked sometimes. Apparently this is worse in Domination but I only play HCTDM so it's not as bad. Treyarch seems to be on it.
Speaking of the devs: They have been on fire with their transparency in post-launch development. They are active on reddit and post constant updates about their intended fixes/changes. It's awesome.

I may dive into Blackout today. It was great in the beta. I'm still scared that this mode might pull me away from the other two  
Is that the name of their Battle Royale mode?

43 minutes ago, bob said:

Is that the name of their Battle Royale mode?

Blackout is, yeah.

Sign in to follow this