NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct ( 8th March 10pm )

I expect nothing about online. Nothing at all.

Plenty of info on Mario Tennis and Yoshi Flip Side or whatever it was called. They'll probably show Kirby Star Allies as well.

Hoping for Smash 4 announcement and some good singleplayer-games not from indies. That would be nice.

I'm intrigued by what they could possibly show for 3DS. It's been a while since that saw new software.

Turns out Marcus Sellars didn't break this, it was a Twitter handle called "Vandal Games" who also said the main reveal for this will be the new Fire Emblem Switch game.

25 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Turns out Marcus Sellars didn't break this, it was a Twitter handle called "Vandal Games" who also said the main reveal for this will be the new Fire Emblem Switch game.

Yeah, I think it’s time.

They announced it at the end of last January iirc, and the games have recently been coming out between February and June (in all territories), so I imagine that it could drop within a month or two of the Direct if it is indeed featured tomorrow.

Perhaps we get a Hollow Knight release date — or, dare I say it, shadow drop? — too?

Edited by Julius Caesar

Woo! :D

Hyped for more on Mario Tennis (please be good, please be good...) and hopefully at least 1 reveal for something new (that I’d actually be interested in) on Switch.

42 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Perhaps we get a Hollow Knight release date — or, dare I say it, shadow drop? — too?

The last two Nindies Directs have been six months apart so I think we're due one, maybe Hollow Knight would be there instead.

Liam Robertson seems to be suggesting Odyssey DLC will be announced, and the same guys who broke it are hinting something Fortnite related could be shown off too

8 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Liam Robertson seems to be suggesting Odyssey DLC will be announced, and the same guys who broke it are hinting something Fortnite related could be shown off too

Both sound very plausible.  And members of the press do sometimes get to see parts of the ND in advance (that's where the leaks came from from the last ND), so it could well have been leaked to him by someone from the press...

Edited by Dcubed

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here.

I'm expecting no more than 15 minutes of Mario Tennis and some details on other games we know about.

Personally, I hope we get a European release date for the new Dillon game.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The last two Nindies Directs have been six months apart so I think we're due one, maybe Hollow Knight would be there instead.

That’s a good point.

Honestly, I think it could go either way; recently, there were some rumblings that the game might be released on March 16th for Switch, and the timing of the Direct doesn’t do too much to negate those rumours. Maybe we could end up with a Nindies Direct by then, though? Because, if I recall correctly, the last Nindies Direct was only a week or two prior to the September Direct. And, as you said, we do seem to be due one.

I'm not expecting this to knock anyone's socks off with mostly additional gameplay from games we already know about.

Realistic expectations:

- Mario Tennis
- Kirby
- Detective Pikachu
- Fire Emblem reveal
- Octopath update

As well as assorted smaller titles/3DS stuff. Maybe another look at Yoshi but they could be saving that for E3 again.

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With 3DS being mentioned, hopefully we will get an update on Sushi Striker

:blank:

I... completely forgot that game even existed! :blush:

Good shout! :peace:

- - - - -

Hmm... I wonder if it's unrealistic to expect Capcom to announce Monster Hunter Double Cross to be localised for Nintendo Switch in the West, ready for when the online service launches?

Even with the success of Monster Hunter World, I would still replay Generations on Switch I reckon... y'know, when I'm not playing MHW. :D

Gotta have that portable Monster Hunter fix... ;) though in fairness I totally need to get on Monster Hunter Stories and I'm a heathen for not even advancing past the demo yet. :p

So, fully expecting dat Fire Emblem reveal. Vandal Games also claims it's going to have a focus on death ("the fallen", to be more precise), so I'm curious if it's going to feature a dead army or something like that (Angels? Einherjar? Zombies? Skeletons?).

It's also nice to see Nintendo catering specifically to my needs: 3DS owner still without a Switch :heh:

Also, predictions:

• Mario Odyssey DLC features old foes, like Wart or Il Piantissimo
  • Zelda BotW DLC: new adventure in a new locale... Koholint Island
  • Fire Emblem Switch will feature sea-faring skeletons/ghosts/wraiths as its heroes, our hero being the Davy Jones of the group (though still attractive. Gotta keep these predictions realistic) lol
  • An unexpected crossover of some sort is announced. Imma say... Splatoon & Overwatch
  • Telltale is working on a Nintendo property. Probably Starfox.
  • Golden Sun 4 is finally coming
  • Mole Mania revival. Probably with a catchy name, like Mole Mania: Holey Moley. This is it, folks. I think this is when we finally get the mole-centric game we've always wanted to see.
  • Smash Bros DX is announced, with the Ice Climbers making a grand return. To make this new version worthwhile, a new story mode is added to the base game. In it, we'll have a conflict between the "old guard" (led by the Ice Climbers) and the "new blood" factions (led by Shulk), with guys like Pit caught in the middle. Alliances will be made, hearts will be broken, and Corrin will choose her faction off-screen and be incredibly non-specific when asked about it.

And if I manage to get even 1% of that right, I'll be happy for the rest of the month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, fully expecting dat Fire Emblem reveal. Vandal Games also claims it's going to have a focus on death ("the fallen", to be more precise), so I'm curious if it's going to feature a dead army or something like that (Angels? Einherjar? Zombies? Skeletons?).

Haven’t played any FE game yet, so this could completely break the game or be a really strange mechanic to include, but what you mentioned gave me a little idea, so I’ll throw it out there :p

How about having fallen allies become members of the opposition — the dead army — and having a way of getting them back later on (via an elixir, for example, which becomes available in the late/post game)? I suggest it because something I frequently see is people rebooting their game to not lose characters, but losing characters in this context could have an impact on the story and they would be made available for use later on?

i don’t know, just a short ramble :D 

• Like 1

I'm not holding my breath for any new games or reveales. Anything new will be an added bonus.

In my eyes, this will be more of a promotion for Detective Pikachu and for Aces. Probably some Kirby too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Haven’t played any FE game yet, so this could completely break the game or be a really strange mechanic to include, but what you mentioned gave me a little idea, so I’ll throw it out there :p

How about having fallen allies become members of the opposition — the dead army — and having a way of getting them back later on (via an elixir, for example, which becomes available in the late/post game)? I suggest it because something I frequently see is people rebooting their game to not lose characters, but losing characters in this context could have an impact on the story and they would be made available for use later on?

i don’t know, just a short ramble :D 

Amusingly enough, the details of what you suggested have been in the series before. We've had allies joining the enemy under specific circumstances, we've had one-use items that revive a single party member, and we've had specific story details change depending on whether someone's dead or not.

However, the main flaw in your idea is that, by definition, you have to kill those on the enemy army anyway. If your fallen comrades join the enemy army, then you're going to have to kill them again (and if not, then there's little point to them joining the enemy). It's possible a good twist could be had on the mechanic you suggested, but I can't quite see it as of right now.

11 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I'm not holding my breath for any new games or reveales. Anything new will be an added bonus.

In my eyes, this will be more of a promotion for Detective Pikachu and for Aces. Probably some Kirby too.

I mean that's smart, but there hasn't ever been a Direct without new games or reveals. You forget what a Direct is for

11 hours ago, Jonnas said:

It's also nice to see Nintendo catering specifically to my needs: 3DS owner still without a Switch :heh:

Also, predictions:

• Mario Odyssey DLC features old foes, like Wart

Can you repost the rest of your post? Somehow I can’t seem to read further after that last part... 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Serebii said:

I mean that's smart, but there hasn't ever been a Direct without new games or reveals. You forget what a Direct is for

True enough. At least I will stay away from any hype trains and rumor mills from the Nintendo Switch Reddit. Those guys are mad :P.

If there were to suggest anything, the Diablo 3 rumor has been getting traction from other sites, even after Blizzard denied the tweet had anything to do with a Switch version. Not really my game, so I'm not hyped for it, but I hope it will get a lot of new players on to the Switch platform.

Sign in to follow this